PATRIK ELIAS A POSSIBLE BRUIN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

PATRIK ELIAS A POSSIBLE BRUIN?

I like the BRUINS to pick up Elias to play with his countryman Krejci.  Elias has the playoff experience to win in playoff hockey, and can score. Thoughts? I do believe that if P.C. waits to the deadline end to do something nothing big will happen. way to many buyers, and not enough sellers!!! P.C. is also going to have to get over his obsession to hang onto all the draft picks the BRUINS HAVE, and go for the gold today!!! The BRUINS will have the cap space, the prospects to deal, draft picks, plus roster players to make a big deal and go for the Cup!!! failure to do so, and P.C. should be fired if a short playoff season takes place!!! 
    TIME HAS COME TODAY!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: PATRIK ELIAS A POSSIBLE BRUIN?

Also another player who makes Ryder a steal at 4M.

Counting this year
    He has received 32M for 104 goals, 307,692 per goal.
    Ryder has received from Bos 12M for 59 goals, 203,389 per goal.

Keep Ryder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

In Response to Re: PATRIK ELIAS A POSSIBLE BRUIN?:
    [QUOTE]Also another player who makes Ryder a steal at 4M. Counting this year He has received 32M for 104 goals, 307,692 per goal. Ryder has received from Bos 12M for 59 goals, 203,389 per goal. Keep Ryder.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

while i agree with you, that isn't the way to look at it. ovechkin is on pace to get 317,999 per goal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

If you're going to put the screws to CC then you have to aim higher than Elias !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In Response to Re: PATRIK ELIAS A POSSIBLE BRUIN?:
    [QUOTE]Also another player who makes Ryder a steal at 4M. Counting this year He has received 32M for 104 goals, 307,692 per goal. Ryder has received from Bos 12M for 59 goals, 203,389 per goal. Keep Ryder.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Thats an interesting stat for sure!   Pretty limited view though.  Elias is more than just a goal scorer which is all that Ryder is.   I'm a Ryder fan so don't get me wrong, but Elias brings much more to his game that Ryder ever had.     Elias is 34 though and his career years are behind him.   Ryder may have a little more fuel in the tank for the next few years.    This season though, given the choice I'd say Elias would be an improvement over Ryder for the playoff run, even with Ryder's strong playoff history.

I wouldn't overpay for Elias though.  Not sure what the right price would be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Something about $$/goal rings true even though there are two obvious flaws.  The biggest flaw is that a guy like Shawn Thornton would be the most valuable (non EL) player based on that calculation: about $142K per goal - less than half what Ovechkin gets.  The more complicated flaw is that the cost of goals should probably be scaled to reflect what it means for a single player to score 50+ or 40+.  You don't pay a 50 goal scorer outrageous cash just for 50 empty netters, you pay him because, to score 50, you have to be able to score under just about any circumstance, on just about any defense and just about any goaltender.  So - those first ten goals are probably worth $140K, but 11-30 probably ramp up to a Ryder-like $250K so that a Ryder looks to average around $200K/goal, 31-40 go for up to 350K, and the 41-50+ goals are worth $500K to drag that average up into the $320K range.

It might be more valuable to look at a team's total goals/salary cap to see if it's worth paying that inflation for the 40+ goal scorer.  The gold standard would be to have your team's average goal cost about $198K based on spending to the cap and getting a total of 300 goals.  Your Ovechkins and Thorntons need to average out - so you probably have 4-5 Thorntons to equalize an Ovechkin salary.

This way, you see how a guy can throw your whole dollars to goals equation out of whack.  If Kovalchuk scores 20, he throws the whole Devil scale out of what with a $333333/goal.  If he gets to 30, though, that number comes all the way down to $222222.  Not what the Devils thought they were getting, but you can win with that.

After all that...I'm not sure it tells you anything new, but it isn't entirely inaccurate as a way of looking at a player's contribution to team-building.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If you really want to make a run this year, we can't get rid of the few goal scorers we have... that means Ryder stays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If you are going to be concerned with aligning countrymen with their fellow natives, just bring back Satan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Since when is Ryder a goal scorer?  He's more like a guy who makes one too many moves and loses the puck instead of passing to his teammates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

.......nope...... NEXT!

Sections
Shortcuts