Patrik Elias?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Patrik Elias?

In Response to Patrik Elias?:
    [QUOTE]I know I know, this is stupid but im going to do it anyway- What about acquiring Elias? Sure he's lost a step from when he was the Devils go to guy but he's quietly having another solid season and when looking at his numbers hasn't been bad at all. His cap hit is $6 per w/ an actual hit of $5 through the 2012/13 season. He's 34, almost always healthy, and has tons of playoff experience and success. I would think that a package of Ryder, Wheeler and a pick could get it done. Would he help?
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

Well if you wait to find out what Savvys deal is (Re-Finished for the year?) then it makes good sense to me. Also you'd only have to ship out one of those guys Wheeler/Ryder. Probably could be had for Wheeler(more upside Cieling?) and 1st. Would be serious addtion to wingers on the first 2 lines with the way Horton and Ryder are playing this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I guess Im excluding Savard's money, you would need to get rid of both Ryder and Wheeler. Thats assuming Savard will be back, which is more than overly optimistic. I would think that one of our 2nd rounders in that deal and keeping the 1sts would still get it done, maybe not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Patrik Elias?:
    [QUOTE]I guess Im excluding Savard's money, you would need to get rid of both Ryder and Wheeler. Thats assuming Savard will be back, which is more than overly optimistic. I would think that one of our 2nd rounders in that deal and keeping the 1sts would still get it done, maybe not.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]
    I think he'd be a good pickup if the the finances could work out for everyone involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Wheeler + 2nd for Elias... Would be awesome. Depends on how desperate NJ is to rebuild.

I mean they only have the Kovalchuk window for the next ohh 16 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I always liked Elias.  Good team player and excellent player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

He'd make a good rental....Stinks he costs that much, but thats expected to get any help to make a good playoff run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Patrik Elias?:
    [QUOTE]He'd make a good rental....Stinks he costs that much, but thats expected to get any help to make a good playoff run.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

doesn't qualify as a rental if he's signed through 2013. a rental would be a ufa this summer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lou already approached Elias about waiving his NMC Patrick told the New Jersey media NOPE I don't care who has been asking for me. Arnott and Clarkson will be next ones to go then Lou has his money for Parise. I'm praying for Lamoriello to try and be cheap with Parise so there is a contract squabble. Probably a very small chance it would happen but a Bruin fan can dream.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Elias probably has a home and family set up in NJ, has won multiple rings and just wants to finish up his career

He would have been a really good pickup i must agree

We need more skill in our team. We have lots of everything else except for speed and skill