Paul Statsny and John Micheal liles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Paul Statsny and John Micheal liles

FOR
    Boychuck, Colborne or Caron, bos first rounder, another third rounder
    Thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Paul Statsny and John Micheal liles

No way.  Stastny is off the table in Colorado.  To even consider that, it would take all-star caliber roster players on the Bruins side too, instead of our second rate prospects and second rate picks.  Not a chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I'd take Hejduk and Liles for our 1st, Hamill, and Boychuk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Colorada has a hardy laugh and then hangs up the phone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

A franchise center in his prime for a 6th/7th D man(no value), a prospect(who currently has little value), and two picks(that have minimal value). Why did'nt PC think this one up, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

You could probably get Liles cheap today.  He was a minus 6 last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have watched a lot of JM Liles as I live in Denver and watch most Avs games.  He is not as good as his numbers suggest.  He plays in a very loose system in Colorado (they gave up 9 goals last night) where he is allowed to gamble and play lousy defense.  He would not bring much to the table for Boston except showing some PMD tendencies and helping on the PP.  He is worse than Boychuk defensively.  A worse shot too.  I have many friends who are big Avs fans and complain about him all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

If you substituted Bergeron and Marchand for Boychuk and prospect to go with the picks the AVS might consider it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Comparing Statsny to Fisher is as dumb as your trade proposal.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Paul Statsny and John Micheal liles:
    [QUOTE]Wake up Statsny is a B cneter and were talking about two very high rated prospects if you do your reseach.  Not to mention that is the asking price for this calibore of a player as just demonstrated by nashville dummy. Mike Fisher for a 1st rounder as good as ours duhhhhhhhhhhhh May have to add in a piece and thats why i asked for thoughts prob have to throguh in Wheeler In Response to Re: Paul Statsny and John Micheal liles :
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but Stastny is a much younger better player than Fischer, and Caron and Colborne are not the highest rated prospects either.  Both are struggling to make the NHL and have promising but unknown futures.

For the Avs to part with Stastny they would want a very good roster player (Bergeron?) and/or one of the Bruins top prospects (Seguin, Rask, Marchand) not an AHLer. 

Stastny is 25 and averages about 80 pionts a season when healthy.  Fisher is 30 and averages about half that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

That would absolutely work, if Colorado's management consists chimpanzees and baboons. If they are human, I don't think they'll bite though.

Might as well try Ryder, Boston's third round pick in 2017, a signed Tyler Seguin practice jersey, and a Pete Chiarelli bobblehead for Stamkos.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Liles has always been an underperforming, 1-way D who's downright dangerous in his own end.  Forget about him!

The only way we'd Stastny would be for Bergy, a prospect and Toronto's #1.  Ain't gonna happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Liles has always been an underperforming, 1-way D who's downright dangerous in his own end.  Forget about him! The only way we'd Stastny would be for Bergy, a prospect and Toronto's #1.  Ain't gonna happen.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]
    I think thats giving up too much for Stastny.

Bergeron, Bartkowski, and a second would be a more appropriate deal

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Anton Statsny? 

That might get him out of retirement.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Maybe he meant Peter Statsny.  Or was it the other one.  Mario Statsny? 

Lets get all three.  Likely wouldnt hurt our PP

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

samsonov,

I was only joking.  There have been worse proposals on here.  But Statsny is a young talented player.  He is likely their best player.  And I keep telling everyone this.  This yrs draft is very very weak.  Just b/c its a number 1 draft pick doesnt mean much.  After the 1st 10 picks its just not that good.  I think thats why you are seeing teams offer up middle to late 1st round picks.  I would much rather have Fisher for a few yrs than any pick that Nashville gave up.  Especially since they can likely extend him as well. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Anyone that thinks Paul Statsny is a better player than Patrice Bergeron thats just crazy talk.Liles is no better than anyone we already have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thornton was a divorce not a trade.  Pronger deal was done under duress.  The three bums played better for Calgary than Phaneuf has for Toronto - something I think the Flames and many others predicted. 

The Avs are already in rebuilding mode.  They're rebuilding around Stastny - he just re-signed for big $$ over a longer term - Duchene, Stewart.  They don't need to blow anything up.  They have $17M in Cap available to them.  They could trade Matt Hunwick for Crosby and Ovechkin and have enough Cap Space.  There's no good reason for them to even consider trading Stastny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]No way.  Stastny is off the table in Colorado.  To even consider that, it would take all-star caliber roster players on the Bruins side too, instead of our second rate prospects and second rate picks.  Not a chance.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

He may be off the table but Stastny is his father with an edge.  Realize he's not putting up the numbers like Pete but it's a nice thought, then again, Yan Stastny was a nice thought too!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paul Statsny and John Micheal liles : He may be off the table but Stastny is his father with an edge.  Realize he's not putting up the numbers like Pete but it's a nice thought, then again, Yan Stastny was a nice thought too!
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]

Stastny:  308 pts. in 329 career GP, he's a helluva PP center.  As many have said here, he's not available.  But he is damn good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Is Liles a UFA at end of season?