Pavel Datsyuk - top 10 fwd/possibly top 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Pavel Datsyuk - top 10 fwd/possibly top 5

I have had some good chats with people in here regards to P. Dats and would like to open this can of worms again.  In my eyes he would have to be in the top 5.  I know stats are what everyone wants.  But he totally dominates when he is on. 
    My list would also include the obvious.
    Crosby-Ovie-Gazoo Twins-Toews-Perry-Getz-E Staal-Zetteberg-Nash

I want to include Stampkos but I don`t feel he gets on my list yet.  he would make the second tier guys like Richards-Bergie.

But for one game.  Who would be ahead of Datsyuk.  In fact I would likely want him over everyone not named Crosby. 

He is disgustingly talented and is the best one on one player in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Pavel Datsyuk - top 10 fwd/possibly top 5

He has to be top 5. His vision (I am convinced he see's into the future) and his stick handling is unmatched in the league.
    1. Crosby
    2. Ovechkin
    3. Datsyuk
    4. Gazoo Twins (they are one person)
    5. Toews

I think Stamkos is close but he has disappeared recently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would agree with that list. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Aside from his stickhandling, passing, and takeaway skills, which speak for themselves, I saw a graphic on a Red Wings game not too long along ago that blew me away.  In games that Datsyuk played in versus games he missed due to injury, the Red Wings gave up on average a half a goal per game less when he was in the lineup.  To think that one guy, a forward no less, can be that much of an impact on the opposing team's offense night in and night out was astounding.  No wonder he's a perennial Selke trophy candidate.  He's a true joy to watch, especially when he backchecks and takes the puck away from an unsuspecting rushing forward of the other team or stickhandles out of a jam along the wall with two or three defenders on him.  To think he was a late 6th round pick and most every team had 6 chances at him makes it even more evident the Wings do a great job of scouting and developing talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I'd put a healthy Malkin in the top 5.

Crosby
    Datsyuk
    Ovie
    Malkin
    Sedins

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

I know very few will agree with me, but I think that when Malkin is healthy and his game is one, he's the best offensive player in the NHL. He abolutely dominated the 09 playoffs. Hos vision, stick handling, size, and control with the puck is absolutely amazing. I also think that Datsyuk is the most COMPLETE player in the NHL. 

My top 5 forwards in no particular order:
    Malkin
    Datsyuk
    Crosby
    Ovechkin
    Sedins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The 2nd half of the season Kovalchuk I would take over Staal, Getzlaf, Zetteberg, Perry not by much and Toews but not over Crosby, Ovie, Nash, Sedin twins and Datsyuk. Pavel is as on fire as any offensive player can be that includes Mario who in my mind was the greatest offensive player I've ever seen.

I take Ilya over Mallkin because the nights Kovalchuk disappears he still skating and hitting posts. Geno ? when he disappears he is Craig Janney gone...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Datsyuk is def up there...He'll never be in the top point getters and god knows that is what people go by but as far as best player...top 3-5...does the little thing better than anyone...I think in a couple years we will be saying the same thing about Jordan Staal...Staal will never crack 70 points but damn is he a grerat player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

kelvana,

I like Staal but Dats skill set and puck ability in my opinion is second to no one. 

I was hoping they would lose last night.  I have 7 redwings and have a 9 pt lead over the other 11 gms in my playoff pool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think Pavel is the most underrated superstar in the league.. Have always loved his creativity with his puck handling skills.. This guy has sick moves when he wants to display them, complete allround player who deserves more credit than he gets.. Outside of Crosby, I would want him over Ovie, and Malkin..  Top 3 for me..Crosby, Datsyuk, Sedin Sisters :) tie..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

1. Ovechkin
    2. Cindy
    3. Datsyuk
    4. Gazoo Twins (I'm with you callo, they're one person)
    5. St. Louis (The guy's plain electric)
    6. Perry
    7. Malkin
    8. Nash
    9. Stamkos
    10. Healthy Gaborik

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Pavel Datsyuk - top 10 fwd/possibly top 5:
    I also think that Datsyuk is the most COMPLETE player in the NHL.  My top 5 forwards in no particular order: Malkin Datsyuk Crosby Ovechkin Sedins.
    Posted by orangecrush28

I agree with this.  Datsyuk not only is as offensively dangerous as any other forward in the league, but he plays a two-way game that is near-impossible by a player with his offense.

I just might take him first if I could add a player to the Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Pavel Datsyuk - top 10 fwd/possibly top 5 : I agree with this.  Datsyuk not only is as offensively dangerous as any other forward in the league, but he plays a two-way game that is near-impossible by a player with his offense. I just might take him first if I could add a player to the Bruins.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Don't forget the Datsyukian Deke!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He had his monster breakout the summer after he turned 25.

Guess who turns 25 this summer?

Yes.  Bergeron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

He had his monster breakout the summer after he turned 25. Guess who turns 25 this summer? Yes.  Bergeron.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Patrice Bergeron (born Patrice Bergeron-Cleary; July 24, 1985)[1] is a Canadian professional ice hockey centre and alternate captain currently playing for the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League (NHL).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice_Bergeron

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Love Bergeron but you can't teach him the skill set with the puck that Datsyuk has.  And although stats are similar I would take Datsyuk behind only Crosby/Ovie/Toews/Perry and the Gazoo's.  Bergie wouldnt be in my top 20 fwds.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Pavel Datsyuk - top 10 fwd/possibly top 5 : Patrice Bergeron (born Patrice Bergeron-Cleary; July 24, 1985) [ 1 ] is a Canadian professional ice hockey centre and alternate captain currently playing for the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League (NHL). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice_Bergeron
    Posted by orangecrush28

Yes, see what I get for over thinking stuff? 

Anyway, lack of simple math skills aside, they're similar players.  Maybe Bergeron can follow Datsyuk's career path.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Love Bergeron but you can't teach him the skill set with the puck that Datsyuk has.  And although stats are similar I would take Datsyuk behind only Crosby/Ovie/Toews/Perry and the Gazoo's.  Bergie wouldnt be in my top 20 fwds.
    Posted by shuperman

Not yet...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Pavel Datsyuk - top 10 fwd/possibly top 5 : Yes, see what I get for over thinking stuff?  Anyway, lack of simple math skills aside, they're similar players.  Maybe Bergeron can follow Datsyuk's career path.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I love Bergeron and I hope youre right, but the similarity ends at defensive skills and hockey sense.  Despite Bergie's excellent offense, he's not in Datsyuk's stratosphere with the puck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Can't have a top 5 forward conversation without mentioning Phil "the thrill" Kessel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Crosby, Datsyuk, Ovie, Mr. Stamkos, Sedins

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Not bad for a player drafted 171st overall in '98, eh, guys? 

Sections
Shortcuts