PC confirms Subban off limits!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

PC confirms Subban off limits!

PC in an interview with Toucher & Rich on 98.5 just confirmed that Subban will not be traded!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: PC confirms Subban off limits!

It could be true, it could be false.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Very wise, PC.

Iginla comes free of charge July 1.

I can wait one year for the Cup, if he truly is what you need.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@Toucherandrich

"Boston Bruins GM PETER CHIARELLI just told Toucher & Rich "We are not going to trade Malcolm Subban"

Heh that means he is as good gone then, kiss of death. This of course now means any deal with Calgary is dead right? LoL

PS. Hope Subban has the same rookie season Svedberg is having next season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

This is prudent and hardly surprising. Chiarelli knows what he's doing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

How many times have we heard a GM say a certain player isn't going anywhere only to find out days later that he's been moved. Hard to put stock into this stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

So...you put stock in Peter Chiarelli's disingenuousness then?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

I'm putting stock in PC being a good GM.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

How many times have we heard a GM say a certain player isn't going anywhere only to find out days later that he's been moved. Hard to put stock into this stuff.

Get a calculator and make sure you have lots of time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't recall PC ever saying one thing and doing another but that doesn't mean it hasn't, or won't happen. However, it's very clear that mangement prizes goaltending above all in this organization so I actually believe he means it when he says Subban is off limits. They believe the kid has incredible upside and could possibly be a very special player. No Subby for Iggy trade coming. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

ergo, thus we conclude, whether for giggles or brinksmanship, you think Chiarelli is lying today when he says Subban is off-limits?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I believe what PC says.  I don't find him as a game player.  He didn't have to say anything about it.  In addition, he said that he expects Subban to be ready for the NHL in 2-3 years, maybe sooner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Forget about what other GM's have said. How many times has PC done this ? Great news ! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

No but if the right deal is put in front of you to get the cup then you have to deal no matter what.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

this is a negotiation strategy ...you make it look like that this particulr player (Subban) is so much valuable that you dont wat to include him in he deal  ...and at the last minute you tell the other GM  ...well.. we will let him go but but without our 1st draft pick ..or smething like that ...so the other GM thinks is makinga a better deal that it first looked like ...just a strategy ...the BRUINS need Iginla ..this guy is custom made for our team ...if ever this deal fails I would like to see a player like Ryan Clowe or Alex Hemsky

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"No but if the right deal is put in front of you to get the cup then you have to deal no matter what."

So Subban shouldn't be off-limits? Chiarelli is wrong? To say it? To believe it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Then you must believe that what he's doing, coming out and saying this, is the best thing for the team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Then you must believe that what he's doing coming out and saying this is the best thing for the team. 

Not for the current one it isn't. And that's pretty unfair imo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Forget about what other GM's have said. How many times has PC done this ? Great news ! 

I believe him when he says this.  It's true we've heard other team's management professing confidence in their coach as an example and shortly afterwards the guy gets fired.  In watching Chiarelli operate as GM I can't readily recall anytime he's given me reason to doubt his statements.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Not for the current one it isn't. And that's pretty unfair imo.

What's unfair ? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

PC also said "we're not trading phil kessel."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Did he say we're not trading phil kessel?  Or did he say we want Phil on our team?  

"Let me be perfectly clear," Chiarelli said. "This trade is really about two things. One, it's about a player who did not want to play in Boston. Two, it's about the threat or the perceived threat of an offer sheet."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I don't recall this at all. Please refresh my memory with a link.

P.S. An honest request

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Proves what I told NAS the other day,  Chiarell is alot about what happens tomorrow"the future" rather than for "the now fans " today ,  if trade happens all the better if not he'l do something else but he will still have his blue chip prospect in tact.

p.s. there is still a slight chances this is part of the negotiations with Calgary now that there might be Tampa in te mix, SJ Sharks are back talking . Basically he's telling Flames, " you want to get this deal done or not ! "  Still not in PC's DNA to bluff

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Agree,  he has never called a bluff. It's not in his DNA

Sections
Shortcuts