PC confirms Subban off limits!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: PC confirms Subban off limits!

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Then keep ignoring me CAWSAWKER! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

This whole Subban is off limits thing is Gm posturing, no one is off limits. Everyone has a price.

voila !  exactly, but not Subban + + for s UFA that is over 35 yrs old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

For me, I hate the thought of dealing a potential franchise goalie, emphasis on potential, for a guy who is unsigned after this year....

Saying that you are unwilling to deal Subban for Iginla because you are giving up a potential franchise goalie for an upcoming UFA is not the same thing as saying that said franchise goalie is untouchable.

I dont think I would trade Subban and a first for Iginla....  However, this doesnt mean that I think Subban is untouchable.

I would trade Subban and a first for Marty in a heartbeat....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

Don't we all remember how much fun it was to have 2 bonafied starters in net? Sure would be nice to have that problem again, except this time, if that happens both goalies will be in their 20's and both would have a huge trade value. Then it would make sense for a move and I'm sure we would get back much more than an past their prime star. 

How is someone who's on pace to score 25g's in a full season considered past his prime? 

He is 35! Pretty safe to say his best years are behind him.

How exactly does 9 goals in 31 games translate to a 25 projected goal mark?? You do know he is not going to play 82 games this season, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

...not to mention he could be elsewhere next year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If you go with the premise that a Great Goalie makes a great GM (ask Lou Lamoriello) then why would you trade someone you think will make you look good 3, or 5 or 10 years from now

Because you already have a great goalie who is 26 and will make you look good 3, or 5, or 10 years from now.

Are we giving up on Rask?  What am I missing?  Is 26 washed up?

This is what I don't understand, Drew.  Rask is young and awesome.  The Fort Knox around Subban here would make one believe they could possibly play both at the same time.

Glad you share my confusion.  Thanks for the response.

[/QUOTE]

Why would the B's use a First round draft pick if they didn't want to have a succession plan? Rask might be the answer for many years to come, (and I like most hope that is the story) but we have all seen a goalie go south before. What do you have to replace him if Subban is gone? My guess is that they look at Subban as their next one. If not, and Rask is the man for years to come, you have a very valuble trading piece. Or a much cheaper, possibly better alternative in Subban. Rask has still not proven he can take a team to the Finals.

Just being Devils advocate here. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This whole Subban is off limits thing is Gm posturing, no one is off limits. Everyone has a price.

Well, not everyone has a price.  The Habs do, however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Well, not everyone has a price.  The Habs do, however.

Cheeky!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

No we just heard in Toronto he has been traded to the Celtics-lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Good Gawd almighty grow some grapes & suck it up princess! Is the lid of the toliet always down in your house? Geezus what a baby! 

...says the guy who freaked out because I wrote about his use of the word "unfair" to the current team for the GM to decide not to trade a prospect.

I'll say it again - nite's off his meds.  EVERYONE GET DOWN!

I'm glad you pointed out that I'm God around here.  I'm sure the long-standing members of the board will appreciate the reminder.  I know I haven't been receiving the burnt offerings and gold Rollses with the same frequency I used to - back when you were nitemare and waaaay less angry about stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Good Gawd almighty grow some grapes & suck it up princess! Is the lid of the toliet always down in your house? Geezus what a baby! 

...says the guy who freaked out because I wrote about his use of the word "unfair" to the current team for the GM to decide not to trade a prospect.

I'll say it again - nite's off his meds.  EVERYONE GET DOWN!

I'm glad you pointed out that I'm God around here.  I'm sure the long-standing members of the board will appreciate the reminder.  I know I haven't been receiving the burnt offerings and gold Rollses with the same frequency I used to - back when you were nitemare and waaaay less angry about stuff.

I may not be sending money but I'm still praying the exact same amount.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bless you, my son.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

"Hand gestures"

Sections
Shortcuts