PC: Deals are in place

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

PC: Deals are in place

“I’ve got a couple of ideas,’’ Chiarelli said. “It’s not a pleasant thing to have to do some things, but there’s things that are a reality in this salary-cap world. We’re able to have the success to date because of the tools of the [collective bargaining agreement], the long-term injury, and now at some point that’s going to come to an end. I’ve had some discussions, I’ve got some ideas, and things have moved along enough that if I have to execute, I could.’’

My interpretation: Unless something drastic happens, I know who is gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: PC: Deals are in place

In Response to PC: Deals are in place:
    [QUOTE]“I’ve got a couple of ideas,’’ Chiarelli said. “It’s not a pleasant thing to have to do some things, but there’s things that are a reality in this salary-cap world. We’re able to have the success to date because of the tools of the [collective bargaining agreement], the long-term injury, and now at some point that’s going to come to an end. I’ve had some discussions, I’ve got some ideas, and things have moved along enough that if I have to execute, I could .’’ My interpretation: Unless something drastic happens, I know who is gone.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/11/20/savard_is_cleared_to_resume_practice/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Also, the "things have moved along enough" part makes me think this is a trade rather than dumping someone in the minors. I could be wrong, but it's unlikely PC would say "moved along enough" if he was talking about getting authorization from Jacobs to dump that salary in Providence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The good thing DC is Chiarelli is taking the multiple answer test. All of the above, A, B or C he can be creative. PC knows he needs bodys as injuries will occur so it leads me to believe it will be one player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Most likely gone

Ryder
    Wheeler
    Paille

Wouldn't be suprised if gone

Thomas
    Sturm
    Hamill

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: PC: Deals are in place:
    [QUOTE]The good thing DC is Chiarelli is taking the multiple answer test. All of the above, A, B or C he can be creative. PC knows he needs bodys as injuries will occur so it leads me to believe it will be one player.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's in store, really. PC could go soooo many ways with this. These are, in my opinion, his options and the impact:

- Get rid of one player. It has to be Ryder then, because otherwise (unless its TT, which would be hard to believe right now), the B's would be right up against the salary cap with no room to add someone at the deadline or bring up extras from Providence. Problematic that Ryder has been very effective. I am sympathetic to the argument, though, that Savvy and Sturm will make up the difference.

- Get rid of a couple of players not named Ryder. Then it would be a combo of Ference, Hunwick, Paille, and/or Wheeler. Getting rid of Paille makes a lot of sense to me because he's basically a spare. I am not a huge Ference or Hunwick fan BUT both have been playing well of late and getting rid of one puts the B's in a dangerous place in terms of depth on D.

- Get rid of Thomas. Seems crazy given how hot he has been and the reasonable cap hit at goaltender.

- Never put Sturm in the lineup. Might make the most sense, actually, since it wouldn't impact team chemistry (see above link for relevance). However, would hurt the B's reputation amongst free agents and, potentially, among teammates and Bergeron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Thomas and Sturm have no trade contract and no one wants Hamill. Ryder and Paille will be gone. No idea why they signed Paille anyway. Miro Satan would have made alot more sense if he really wanted to sign somebody.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ryder-Paille-Hamill fine

Wheeler ...over my dead body .....this kid has some Mario Lemieux moves ....he is a rising star in this league and the real hockey experts like PC and Cam Neely would never trade this type of player ....he is one piece of the puzzle that will contribute to :

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Miro Satan makes no sense. He is an aging, one dimensional, finesse player who becomes less effective year after year. He chipped in some key goals last year, but that wouldn't justify his spot in the lineup over any other Bruin at the moment. Why do people on this board keep bringing him up? All 30 teams can sign him for peanuts and no takers, yet this cup contender really needs him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Stanley- to use Mario Lemieux's name in the same sentence as Wheeler is just plain wrong...

Your boy is 3-2-5 in 17 games.  He is trailing Seguin, Seidenberg and Marchand in points and is behind Thornton, Seguin and Chara in goals.  You need Wheels to bang in 32 in the next 65 games to meet your prediction.  Ain't happening...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Stanley...If you ever use Lemieux and you-know-who, in the same sentence ever again, I will have to put you on my ignore list!
    Get a grip, man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder-Paille-Hamill fine Wheeler ...over my dead body .....this kid has some Mario Lemieux moves ....he is a rising star in this league and the real hockey experts like PC and Cam Neely would never trade this type of player ....he is one piece of the puzzle that will contribute to : Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Smoke 'em if you got 'em... you might want to look into Life Insurance, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Wheeler has Mario Lemuix moves, Not a chance in hell nothing more to say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Big overstatement to say Wheeler has Lemieux moves. Mario waltzed through defenses. Wheeler has been playing much better at center though than on the wing and he's definitely competing harder. Ryder is the one I see being transported but I'm sure they don't really want to do that either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As stated in previous threads, When Kreji is ready[ maybe tonite] he comes back to Lucic and Horton; then Bergie goes to Recchi and Caron,or maybe Wheeler and Caron,like to add in Seguin and Caron but they haven't even practiced together; Then Campbell with Wheels and Ryder and Seguin with Marchand and Thornton with Paille the odd man out.  When Savvy comes back, Ryder is gone or maybe Ryder and Paille. We then Have Savvy with Seguin and Wheeler.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

If somebody has to go its should be Paille and Sturm. I'd like to keep Ryder Wheeler and Thomas if possible

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Biilf. Show Biilf's posts

Forget the moves like Lemieux comment as thats ridiculous..if Wheeler could even learn to use his body half as good as Mario could he would be a bigger threat.  I've never seen such a large guy who just falls down with contact 70% of the time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Wheeler's been pretty good of late, actually. If you expect him to be a physical force, which is understandable given he's 6'5, then you will be disappointed. But the effort and speed are there, and you cannot teach reach either. He's still young so I would hope the Bruins hold on to him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Nothing concrete, but guys I work with said they heard Sturm could be coming to Calgary! I said that's strange because they're more in dire need of a center for Iggy, but I guess you never know!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

nites,  I doubt Sturm would wave his NTC for Calgary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Savard to New Jersey they need somebody to get Kovalchuk to get going. Calgary might make a move for Savard to wake up Iginla both teams need to do something soon or it will be to late.I like Recchi but he can't keep up with these anymore it is getting painful to watch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]nites,  I doubt Sturm would wave his NTC for Calgary.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get the impression he is very much a family-guy (Ahh, he said it) and doesn't want to move his family if possible. I can only see him accepting a trade to a city which he would be interested in signing with long-term as he must know that it's possible he won't be re-signed here. I can see Sturm wanting to re-start immediately upon his return from injury, but only if the situation is right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Though I don't get the Mario Lemieux comparison at all, I must say, I like Wheeler and hope they hold on to him.

I never understood why people turned on him so hard, so fast.  I mean, last year was his SECOND YEAR IN THE LEAGUE.  He's shown he has good puck skills, a decent shot, good passing and he's become quite the penalty killer as well. 

Having Wheeler as a 3rd, 4th line forward is a pretty good thing in my eyes.  I would sooner see them cut ties with Paille and or Ryder, because we we know what they are....or more so, what they're not.  Wheeler on the other hand is just getting started

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE] I would sooner see them cut ties with Paille and or Ryder, because we we know what they are....or more so, what they're not.  Wheeler on the other hand is just getting started
    Posted by Swearengen[/QUOTE]

I am 100% with you on that. Plus, it's highly unlikely either Ryder or Paille gets re-signed for next year and Wheeler would be considered an important RFA signing.