P.C. Deserves Credit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

P.C. Deserves Credit

PC doesn't get enough credit with what he done to rebuild our blue line. He made some great trades and then had the intelligence to see what he had and extend them and get them signed...CHEAP.

1st off - Adam McQuaid from Columbus for a 5th rounder
    2nd - Kampfer from Anaheim for a 4th rounder
    3rd - Johnny Boychuk from Colorado for Matt Hendricks. 
    4th - He absoultely Fleeced Florida and got Seidenberg and Bartkowski for Bitz, journeyman Craig Weller and a 2nd rounder.
    5th - Jeff Penner was a free agent signing

Some Future payoffs may still come out of:

1. Colby Cohen from Colorado for Matt Hunwick (who's been a healthy scratch at times with Colorado)
    2. David Warsofsky From St.Louis for Sobotka (not sure about this one yet)
    3. Cody Wild from Edmonton for Matt Marquardt (if nothing else, great Name!)

This doesn't include the D-Men we aquired through the draft like Alexandrov, Button and Tommy Cross.

At the end of the day we got Boychuk, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Kampfer, Bartkowski, and Penner For Bitz, Weller, Hendricks, and a 2nd, 4th and 5th draft picks.
    That is robbery yet all we'll hear about is the Versteeg trade!!
    GOOD JOB PC!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: P.C. Deserves Credit

I agree those were good trades. That's not my complaint with him. My complaint is small, but it's still valid.

You have to be careful how you pay people in a cap league. 

Just think, if Savard didn't get hurt, Chiarelli would have to move/try to move a key piece on this team just to improve another area.

He's almost lucky Savard went down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I'd say to 2/3 of the GM's in the league have themselves backed into a corner because of signings that don't work out. This is why there are way fewer meaningful trades during the season anymore. All and all the B's have been 1 win away from the conference finals 2 years running and IMO are legitimate contenders to go to the Finals this year. As well as maintaining a really strong group of prospects.That equals a GM who has it all together. I don't grade him A+ but I do give him a A-.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'll give him the A when he swings the deal needed to put this team into overdrive.  Then, it will at least look like his systematic plan had some methodology to it.

Those deals you just listed effectively mean squat until they translate into what we want. Otherwise, he's just moving pieces around.

You know it and I know it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How did Jeff Penner sneak in there?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Call it they way you want man, He's done a bang up job so far with what he was left and he turned nothings into somethings. Can it get better? Of course.

You know it and I know it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: P.C. Deserves Credit:
    [QUOTE]How did Jeff Penner sneak in there?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I just threw him in there because he didn't cost us squat. He has a little upside, he'll probably never pan out but for little to no expense, it was a good pick up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I'd leave off Jeff Penner off the list and replace him with the Horton and Campbell for Wideman and picks trade.  Before I get trampled, I've read how the 15th pick could have been tweaked into Cam Fowler and I know how Horton's been blasted on these boards and in the print press but I watch NESN religiously and I see Horton working quite hard and he's hit the post so many damned times, it's sickening.  When the goals start going in, we may already have our sought-after goal-scoring winger.  Campbell is a thrill to watch and such an obvious improvement over Begin, that it's not worth mentioning anymore - Stephanne Yelle and Shane Hnidy all boiled into one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: P.C. Deserves Credit:
    [QUOTE]I'd leave off Jeff Penner off the list and replace him with the Horton and Campbell for Wideman and picks trade.  Before I get trampled, I've read how the 15th pick could have been tweaked into Cam Fowler and I know how Horton's been blasted on these boards and in the print press but I watch NESN religiously and I see Horton working quite hard and he's hit the post so many damned times, it's sickening.  When the goals start going in, we may already have our sought-after goal-scoring winger.  Campbell is a thrill to watch and such an obvious improvement over Begin, that it's not worth mentioning anymore - Stephanne Yelle and Shane Hnidy all boiled into one.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'd do that Horton and Campbell trade again in a flash. How was PC to know Fowler would still be available? It wasn't even conceivable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Amen.

He's a better GM than Scotty Bowman ever was.

Sections
Shortcuts