PC GENIUS or Over played

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

PC GENIUS or Over played

With all of the interesting moves PC has made last year and this year it begs the question to the pundits is he a Genius or has he over played his hands and now we will see the fall out to his decisions in the playoffs, off season and next year? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: PC GENIUS or Over played

easy one... all of last years moves were brilliant = THEY WON A CUP. all of this years moves = ?. make that determination after they hoist a cup in june, or when they fail to do so at some point this spring/summer. this is like critiquing a musical performance before they take stage. the stage is the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Genius is an over-used term. But Chiarelli is an excellent GM who has made great moves. Pretty hard to complain about Rolston and Zanon coming in and making important contributions while costing next to nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Even if they bomb in the playoffs (they won't), I don't see how anyone could be critical of PC.  He has kept the core of a championship team together, signed good role players at the deadline which provides flexibilty for Claude, and has been fiscally responsible with an eye on the future.  Can't ask much more of a GM.  He's off the hook as far as I'm concerned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

When he assumed the title of Bruins GM, he said his goal/vision was that they'd be a contender to win a Stabley Cup within 5 years.

He was dead on.... They won it in year 5.

His signings have been pretty solid for the majority 

He's got the core of the team locked up.

Genius? No

Better than 90% of NHL GMs? Yes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

The whole idea of a GM being bad just because you don't win the cup is BS.  More than most other sports, hockey is a game of bounces, and lucky breaks -- not to mention the fact that its the players who have to go out there and get the job done.  We could have lost to Montreal in the first round last year with one bad bounce of the puck but instead we won the cup -- but by that point PC had done his job and it was up to the players and the hockey gods to decide.  And yet, had we lost the fan base would tell PC he is terrible, but since we won he's a genius.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think PC is one of the best gm's in the league.  Part by luck and part by skill.  He's getting better at his job year by year.

Where I think they need a LOT of improvement, or actually an area that is bad is drafting.

At least chowda would disagree, but I would rather have McFarland and Toffoli over Knight and Spooner.  The conventional wisdom said so back then and the Bruins went contrary to that popular opnion.  Mistake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: PC GENIUS or Over played:
    [QUOTE]I think PC is one of the best gm's in the league.  Part by luck and part by skill.  He's getting better at his job year by year. Where I think they need a LOT of improvement, or actually an area that is bad is drafting. At least chowda would disagree, but I would rather have McFarland and Toffoli over Knight and Spooner.  The conventional wisdom said so back then and the Bruins went contrary to that popular opnion.  Mistake.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I agree drafting is aweak point, but who takes more responsibility forthat? PC or the scouts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Where I think they need a LOT of improvement, or actually an area that is bad is drafting. At least chowda would disagree, but I would rather have McFarland and Toffoli over Knight and Spooner.  The conventional wisdom said so back then and the Bruins went contrary to that popular opnion.  Mistake.

Better to judge a draft 4-5 years down the line than a year removed so Spooner and Knight could be the better calls. Saying that, Hamil was a bad one and most signs point to you being right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: PC GENIUS or Over played:[QUOTE] Zanon coming in and making important contributions while costing next to nothing. Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,1132&fr=false

Lots of power in those little legs and great timing on Greg's hits.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]Genius is an over-used term. But Chiarelli is an excellent GM who has made great moves. Pretty hard to complain about Rolston and Zanon coming in and making important contributions while costing next to nothing.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Good points OatesCam. I totally agree. But if the Bruins do win the Cup this year, PC will be elevated in the hockey world as a Genius. If they don't win the Cup, you can say that PC has run a good ship, didn't sell off the farm and us Bruin fans are waiting for our new talent to show up, ie: Hamilton, Knight, Spooner, Koko. It's all good in Bruin land.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I think PC is one of the best gm's in the league.  Part by luck and part by skill.  He's getting better at his job year by year. Where I think they need a LOT of improvement, or actually an area that is bad is drafting. At least chowda would disagree, but I would rather have McFarland and Toffoli over Knight and Spooner.  The conventional wisdom said so back then and the Bruins went contrary to that popular opnion.  Mistake.

We could have a good debate about the strengths and weaknesses of these players if you had any exposure to them.

You haven't. Maybe you and bim could have that discussion together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I personally think that PC has grown incrementally into the position as GM. Some of his earlier trades and draft picks were questionable (Peter Shaeffer?), to say the least, but he is  consistently getting better with each year.

This year's additions can only be judged when the season is over.....