PC is the man!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

PC is the man!

He looked at what he would get from Jarome (11 games, and one playoff push for a player who is still good, but past his prime).

He assigned a value to this.

He was unwilling to give more than the assigned value.

This is a sign that Peter is too smart to get fleaced , not a sign that he has no balls or he's incompetent.

I cant beleive the get rid of PC mob is back.  I thought we were past this!  I cant wait to read the posts when people start holding his Harvard degree against him!  The "We need a concussed ex-player who understands the game.  Not some Harvard suit"  posts from circa 2010.

I guess its a good sign , that the get rid of PC mob seems to be primarily drop-ins and non-regulars.  PC is one of the best GMs in hockey.  Do you remember the team he took over?  He didnt make a panick trade and overpaying for Iginla.  Thats a good thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: PC is the man!

In response to Drewski5's comment:

He looked at what he would get from Jarome (11 games, and one playoff push for a player who is still good, but past his prime).

This is a sign that Peter is too smart to get fleaced , not a sign that he has no balls or he's incompetent.

I cant beleive the get rid of PC mob is back.  I thought we were past this!  I cant wait to read the posts when people start holding his Harvard degree against him!  The "We need a concussed ex-player who understands the game.  Not some Harvard suit"  posts from circa 2010.

I guess its a good sign , that the get rid of PC mob seems to be primarily drop-ins and non-regulars.  PC is one of the best GMs in hockey.  Do you remember the team he took over?  He didnt make a panick trade and overpaying for Iginla.  Thats a good thing.

Had nothing to do with pc.  Pitt deal is waaaay worse and the pick will be worse.  Iginla wanted pitt over boston. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Had nothing to do with pc.  Pitt deal is waaaay worse and the pick will be worse.  Iginla wanted pitt over boston. 

I disagree. They asked Iginla to give a list of teams. The Bruins were on that list. To turn around last minute , and say, I know I gave you that list, and you were up late trying to work out a trade w/ a team on that list...But I changed my mind, its now Pitt or no trade....I jsut cant imagine Iginla saying that. I cant imagine that going over well if he did say that.

Also: The Bruins reportedly offered a conditional 1st rd pick

Pitt offered a first rd pick.

Thats what it came down to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

To turn around last minute and demand Pitt over Boston after giving a list of teams including Boston and Pitt is an unreasonable request.  I have a hard time believing that a high character player like Jarome would make such a selfish (asking his team to take the weaker offer) and unreasonable request.

I have a hard time believing that a professional GM would accomodate an unreasonable request.  I know that he had a no trade, no movement.  But once he gave a list of teams, that should have been that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I disagree. They asked Iginla to give a list of teams. The Bruins were on that list. To turn around last minute , and say, I know I gave you that list, and you were up late trying to work out a trade w/ a team on that list...But I changed my mind, its now Pitt or no trade....I jsut cant imagine Iginla saying that. I cant imagine that going over well if he did say that.

Was another thread really necessary to repost the same thing you said on the Iginla to Pittsburgh thread?? I think not, and I still think you are wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I honestly think it came down to the Calgary GM wanting a first round pick, not a conditional one.  Also, he said himself that he wanted to add big forwards.  He received big forwards and a first.  I agree that the Pitt offer was worse, however, I honestly believe that the Calgary GM didnt.

To take a weaker offer due to an unreasonable request is just stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lets just pray and hope that PC has a <B> Plan ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Was another thread really necessary to repost the same thing you said on the Iginla to Pittsburgh thread?? I think not, and I still think you are wrong.

Thanks for your smarmy comment.  The other thread was about Jarome.  This thread was supposed to be about PC.  I didnt intentionally create a double thread.  Thats just where the conversation took the discussion.  Have a cup of coffee and turn your mind to something else.  Im about to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

To turn around last minute and demand Pitt over Boston after giving a list of teams including Boston and Pitt is an unreasonable request.  I have a hard time believing that a high character player like Jarome would make such a selfish (asking his team to take the weaker offer) and unreasonable request.

I have a hard time believing that a professional GM would accomodate an unreasonable request.  I know that he had a no trade, no movement.  But once he gave a list of teams, that should have been that. 

I really think you need to read this article....The move to Pittsburgh was all Iginla.....

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/28/report-jarome-iginla-traded-to-boston-bruins/ 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Meanwhile the Pens have sent away 3 prospects and 4 draft choices for 3 old-timers ages 31, 34 and 37.

So, for the gamble of winning it all this year, Shero has effectively ripped one third of his line-up of 2020-21. But, he won't be around then.

That makes the Pens favourites to get the First overall selection of the 2021 Draft. By that time everyone will have forgotten what happened this week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

PC knows what hes doing, whats better ? a one night stand with someone you know can make your life complete, or a long term relationship ?

Until PC goes to the podium and tells all what happened in the deal, we support him and move on to plan b which i think is better than plan A. Dont forget where the real blame here belongs on iggy going to pittsburg, 1/ theres no way they want boston to be a theat and the MEDIA who had this deal done and someone leaked it all over gods creation and i cant help but think that meister feaster got p----ed at the so called leak from an unknown source in boston and said ...well you know what im thinking.

Theres a better top 6 forwars and d man out there, so lets see what pc does,but dont hang this guy out dry until the rain stops.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree completely Drew it came down to the 1st rd rd pk. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stan17's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Then you would be wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Is mob behavior defined as the BDC reactions to Brian Burke's dealings with PC during the draft days circa 2009?  Excuse me, he redeemed himself in September.  Brian Burke stated recently the Bs won that trade.  If the mob is back to criticize PC, they are misinformed.  As stated in other threads, Iginla wanted Pittsburgh.  The GM manager is not the sole controling force in a trade situation.  

Iginla would have been great to have as a Bruin, St. Louis would be great to have as a Bruin, etc.  The fact is in 2011, PC on BDC forums was believed to be in a crucial year of his contract.  An improbable Cup victory sealed his and the Bs fate.  I for one am not in a panic mode.  Get a defenseman or two, get healthy, keep the prospects, and realize the NYR could be Pittsburgh in the first round of the playoffs! Remember too, Letang is out again for several weeks, and Fluery is hurt. Crystal ball logic does not always work.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Then you would be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

You have your opinion I have mine. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Iginla had nothing to do with what PC offered Feaster. Jerome thinks Pittsburgh is a better suited for him to win a cup, this what NMC/NTC can do for a player. Again Iginla chose to be Crosby and the Pens.

Move along

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Iginla's decision was the deciding factor. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[/QUOTE]

Im not sure why they arent getting this.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Meanwhile the Pens have sent away 3 prospects and 4 draft choices for 3 old-timers ages 31, 34 and 37.

So, for the gamble of winning it all this year, Shero has effectively ripped one third of his line-up of 2020-21. But, he won't be around then.

That makes the Pens favourites to get the First overall selection of the 2021 Draft. By that time everyone will have forgotten what happened this week.

Are sid malkin letang neal and all their young players retiring at seasons end?   I didnt realize sid and malkin were in their twilight yrs    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[/QUOTE]
    people get it but why were their players scratched from the lineup. I have to think they had assurance Iginla ok the deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[/QUOTE]

Boston only offered a conditional first rounder.

Pitt offered a first rounder.

Iginla initially gave a list that included Boston and Pitt.

Dont put stock into what GMs/agents say, they have agendas.  They may be looking for a feel good story "Iginla traded to where he wanted , everyone happy :):):)"

Maybe Iginla did want Pitt all along.  But a good GM would have set him down, and said,

"look, we asked you for a list of teams.  You gave it to us.  We proceeded and worked out a trade with one of the teams.  To UTurn now is unreasonable."

We'll find out if it was Iginla.  If it was, an all out war will ensue.  Calgary vs Iginla.  Because if it was Iginla behind this, that is childish, selfish, and unreasonable.  I have a hard time believing that the childish, slefish, unreasonable demands were made by iginla.  I have a hard time believeing that they were accomodated.  I have a hard time believing that a GM would take a less offer prior to the deadline (there was still time to convince Iginla that he was being childish).  I have an especially hard time believing all of this slant when I see that Pitt offered a first round pick and we did not.  Believe what you see, not what people with agendas tell you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If what you guys are implying is true, than Iginla is one of the slimies selfish players ever.  And the GM is a full blown moron.

I think its much more likely that Pitts offer was better and we are receiving a shipload of GM slant this morning.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I hope our "genius" PC has a Plan C.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Boston only offered a conditional first rounder.

Pitt offered a first rounder.

Iginla initially gave a list that included Boston and Pitt.

Dont put stock into what GMs/agents say, they have agendas.  They may be looking for a feel good story "Iginla traded to where he wanted , everyone happy :):):)"

Maybe Iginla did want Pitt all along.  But a good GM would have set him down, and said,

"look, we asked you for a list of teams.  You gave it to us.  We proceeded and worked out a trade with one of the teams.  To UTurn now is unreasonable."

We'll find out if it was Iginla.  If it was, an all out war will ensue.  Calgary vs Iginla.  Because if it was Iginla behind this, that is childish, selfish, and unreasonable.  I have a hard time believing that the childish, slefish, unreasonable demands were made by iginla.  I have a hard time believeing that they were accomodated.  I have a hard time believing that a GM would take a less offer prior to the deadline (there was still time to convince Iginla that he was being childish).  I have an especially hard time believing all of this slant when I see that Pitt offered a first round pick and we did not.  Believe what you see, not what people with agendas tell you.

[/QUOTE]

How?  He has the ntc.  Hes earned it.  The deals have nothing to do with it.  Iggy wanted to go to pitt.  He wanted to go to pitt and good for him.  Morrow wanted to go to pitt.  I have no idea why this is so hard to grasp.  He gave a list of teams like most do.  He was holding out for pitt and they stepped in and offered similar.  Feasters hands were tied.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If what you guys are implying is true, than Iginla is one of the slimies selfish players ever.  And the GM is a full blown moron.

I think its much more likely that Pitts offer was better and we are receiving a shipload of GM slant this morning.  

i think i answered this in my last post.  Iginla earned the right to choose.  I have nothing but pure respect for him.  

Sections
Shortcuts