PC Overpaid for Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: PC Overpaid for Kaberle

Chiarelli has been very effective in most of his decisions after Lewis really bombed. This is a good decision and the delay was probably tied to PC discussions with kaberle and his agent. The focus now must be on Kreji's line where Horton has been working hard, contributing assists and making some good hits. I would love to see Rex on the 4th line, and Thornton on the pine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: PC Overpaid for Kaberle:
    A low first round pick and a poorly performing AHLer for a #2 defenseman is robbery.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I hate agreeing with you, but it pretty much summs it up neatly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Kaberle Will Be a Bruin For Years to Come

First of all, Great Trade PC. You got what you needed from what was available and you really did not give up alot. This organization does not give away draft picks and highly rated prospects for rentals. So my hunch is they talked to Kaberle's agent about making a deal before the trade was finalized and that is why the conditional pick is part of the trade(Bostons Second pick in 2012). Should be fun to watch the game tonite. Go Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Kaberle Will Be A Bruin For Years to Come

Great Trade PC, you got what you needed from what was available, and you didn't give away alot. The Bruins are not the type of organization to give away top propsects and high draft picks for rentals, so my hunch is that PC had already talked to Kaberle's agent to talk about a deal before the deal was finalized. Should be fun tonite, Go Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Peverly will definitely be on the 34d line, he's a good player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

3rd line

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Great deal, just look at the other teams who have traded first picks lately, (Philly , Atl) what they got was not near the player Thomas is. He will make us better and if you add Kelly and Peverley we are so much better. Great job PC Great Job.

Go B's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

3rd line
    Posted by DaPrince77

So, you'd rather see marchand up with Bergeron and then put the two new guys Kelly/Peverley together?

Could work fine.

I just see Marchand more as a 3rd line pest over Peverely.  Although, amittedly, I am not familiar with Peverley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: PC Overpaid for Kaberle : So, you'd rather see marchand up with Bergeron and then put the two new guys Kelly/Peverley together? Could work fine. I just see Marchand more as a 3rd line pest over Peverely.  Although, amittedly, I am not familiar with Peverley.
    Posted by BBReigns

When I look at Marchand on his own I think oh, he seems like a good third line energy guy.  But when you see the Chemistry of him Bergeron and Rechi together you realize that each of them is more valuable together, by a long shot too.  In this scenario you keep them together no matter what.  If that helps you leave a better player on the third line all the more reason to celebrate.  I think the numbers back it up too.  Although Marchand looks like a thrird line energy guy, mostly ue to his stature, his numbers indicate he is better then that.  At 31 points and on pace for 46 he ranks 125 amongst forwards.  Divided by 30 he is approximately a Fourth forward on an average team based solely on points.  Since I believe his intangibles are a plus, I would say 2nd line is absolutely justified.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

PC has done a greaat job, my hat is off to him. He has made this team so much better today.

Go B's 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Why in the world would Kaberle re-sign with Toronto?...yeesh!

Also, Colborne was a surprise pick for that spot and has always been considered "a project" meaning he is a hit or miss type. He is Joe-lite.....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: PC Overpaid for Kaberle : The point is, these deals won't bring the Bruins a Cup (IMO).  Therefore, why trade a player who was once considered the best prospect in the organization and a 1st round pick.  If the Bruins can resign Kabs, then I'm fine with this deal. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god

what the F are you talking about. How do you know it won't bring the bruins a cup? Didn't Zach Hammill used to be our #1 Prospect? Don't we have a gluttony of centers in the minors and a severe need for a defensemen that can move the puck?

The fact is, the bruins have Zdeno Chara, Tim Thomas, and a deep playoff ready roster.. The time to win is now. late 1st round is normally 3 year development to get into the league unless you strike oil

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

What we can reasonably assume: 
    - Kaberle improves the depth of the defense corps that currently includes 2 rookies
    - Kaberle improves the PP

What we do not know:
    - Whether or not Colborne develops into an NHL player
    - Whether the B's 1st round pick develops into an NHL player
    - Whether Kaberle re-signs with the B's

The price was pretty steep, but the B's are better team after this deal, and I like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Do you guys seriously think that Peter did not talk to Kaberle's agent prior to the trade.  If Chia went for it it is because there is a very good chance that they will be able to extend him!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I don't think he necessarily overpaid, but PC seemed to have the leverage in this deal with Kaberle's no trade clause and reports of him only willing to waive it to go to Boston, so PC probably should of been able to get him slightly cheaper, at least with the draft picks portion of the deal.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

You should listen to Burke's press conference and he explains fully the details of the trade.. PC did not have leverage here.. actually Burke did.. Burke told Kaby's agent that he would try to deal him to Boston..but it would be for a 1st round pick and a prospect from his list , not Boston's.. If Boston did not want to do the deal he wanted,  a list of two other teams from the agent was to be presented.. Doesn't look like PC leverage here .. Fact is he wanted and needed Kaberle so he did the deal..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, the Kaberle move is an attempt by PC to "win now." I am not opposed to this. At least he is trying. If he did nothing then everyone would be complaining about that too...it is a no win situation for him.

All trades have elements of risk. This one was acceptable because:

-we still have TO's 1st pick in 2011
    -we still have a glut of good prospects
    -we still have good depth on our current roster

The time is now....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: PC Overpaid for Kaberle : You should listen to Burke's press conference and he explains fully the details of the trade.. PC did not have leverage here.. actually Burke did.. Burke told Kaby's agent that he would try to deal him to Boston..but it would be for a 1st round pick and a prospect from his list , not Boston's.. If Boston did not want to do the deal he wanted,  a list of two other teams from the agent was to be presented.. Doesn't look like PC leverage here .. Fact is he wanted and needed Kaberle so he did the deal..
    Posted by cowboys9

I agree completely!!  And I'd bet that most of the people that are saying that PC gave up too much are the same people who complained last season that he didn't do enough at the deadline.  PC can't win.....unless the Bruins win the Cup.  I am happy about the deal.  Is it enough to win the Cup?  I doubt it.  But it might be enough to get them to the Finals.  And that is, of course, a step in the right direction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Our 1st round pick (the leafs now) should get worse and Toronto's 1st round pick (ours) should get better now that they have traded their best d-man.  I have been intrigued by Colborne, but over all I like PC's work today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

A low first round pick and a poorly performing AHLer for a #2 defenseman is robbery.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

This looks like a panic move to me. Admittedly, I don't follow the Bruins the way I once did...and am not familiar with the guys playing, as I once was. But, is this trade going to put the B's over the top? If not, why make it?

If only they could find a way to clone Bobby Orr!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: PC Overpaid for Kaberle : The point is, these deals won't bring the Bruins a Cup (IMO).  Therefore, why trade a player who was once considered the best prospect in the organization and a 1st round pick.  If the Bruins can resign Kabs, then I'm fine with this deal. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god

The point is, you have no idea if it will bring a cup or not. I love how people complained about PC being too passive but now that he has been aggressive people are upset. Get over it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

In Response to PC Overpaid for Kaberle:
    Chiarelli better resign Kaberle, because without some sort of extension, this deal is brutal for the Bruins.  Colborne has all the tools to be a great NHL player and that 1st round pick (no matter how low) certainly has a good deal of value.  Kaberle alone won't make the Bruins SC contenders, and they just mortgaged a considerable part of their future to acquire him.  I just don't get it. As for the Atlanta deal: I can live with it.  In my opinion, Peverley is a marginal upgrade over Wheeler and is signed to a reasonable contract.  However, I'm sad to see Stuart go.  He would have made an excellent 7th defenseman for this team during the stretch run of the regular season and into the playoffs.  I would have rather seen Boychuk (who has been brutal this year) get trade for next to nothing.  It will be interesting to see how the Bruins play with all of these new players.  I hope the deals made today turn them into SC contenders, but I have my doubts.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Does anything the Bruins do make you happy? A late first rounder in a weak draft and as NAS said what amounts to an AHL prospect that has potential, but is underperforming is a good deal...
    I don't get it.
    Doc

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kaberle in his interview with Naoko said he wasn't going to re-sign with the Leafs. Bob Mckenzie thinks there is a real good chance Tomas will re-sign with the Bruins as Chiarelli has done a good job re-uping pending free agents.

Actually Colborne slipped down many "top Bruins prospects" lists with Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner shooting up. As DRCC said and I agree with GMs always overpay a little at the trade deadline so be it. I'm with Cowboys the Bruins are better now than they were this morning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

Kaberle, in my observation after one game, shows veteran traits that should bode well for the remaining season. I think he will make a huge impact assisting our shooters, making alot of players that much better.
    Nice to see the intensity come along tonight with no off day and give the new guys a win (they haven't seen many previously). CJ makes the right decision to stay with Rask; improving his confidence with back to back wins.
    All in all, we are better balanced to make the run for the SC than last year and that's all you can ask for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

PC already spoke with Kaberle's agent and he will be re-signed. He would not make this deal otherwise. Regarding Colborne who is a minus 16 in the AHL is PATHETIC. Actually, he has all the tools to take over his dad's oil company in Alberta when his short NHL career is over. A late 1st round pick was about what Kaberle is worth. A second round pick wouldn't cut it.

Wheeler was missing some wheels this year. His energy game in and game out was just not there. His stats continue to drop for the past 3 consecutive years. Plus he becomes a UFA next year. Peverley is a great Canadian forward (Kingston, ON) who comes to play every day just like Chris Kelly (Toronto, ON)Stuart is a tough hard nosed D-man, however he lacks speed and mobillity. Johnny 'Rocket' Boychuk (Edmonton, AB) has a blistering shot and is every bit as tough as Stuart at a lower cap hit.

Bruins are realistically one of 5 or 6 teams to take home the silver chalice. Team has been retooled with  strong, determined Canadian kids who know how to play playoff hockey. 

In Response to PC Overpaid for Kaberle:
    Chiarelli better resign Kaberle, because without some sort of extension, this deal is brutal for the Bruins.  Colborne has all the tools to be a great NHL player and that 1st round pick (no matter how low) certainly has a good deal of value.  Kaberle alone won't make the Bruins SC contenders, and they just mortgaged a considerable part of their future to acquire him.  I just don't get it. As for the Atlanta deal: I can live with it.  In my opinion, Peverley is a marginal upgrade over Wheeler and is signed to a reasonable contract.  However, I'm sad to see Stuart go.  He would have made an excellent 7th defenseman for this team during the stretch run of the regular season and into the playoffs.  I would have rather seen Boychuk (who has been brutal this year) get trade for next to nothing.  It will be interesting to see how the Bruins play with all of these new players.  I hope the deals made today turn them into SC contenders, but I have my doubts.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Sections
Shortcuts