PC press conference "we want to resign him"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

PC press conference "we want to resign him"

PC just said because he gave up significant prospects and pics he would definitely like to resign him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: PC press conference "we want to resign him"

In Response to PC press conference "we want to resign him":
    [QUOTE]PC just said because he gave up significant prospects and pics he would definitely like to resign him
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

I am 100% certain that some kind of conversation was had with Kaberle and/or his agent and PC deducted that he will be able to resign him... that's why he pulled the trigger on this deal.

He doesn't always get credit on these posts but I really like the way PC has managed the team's assets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: PC press conference "we want to resign him":
    [QUOTE]In Response to PC press conference "we want to resign him" : I am 100% certain that some kind of conversation was had with Kaberle and/or his agent and PC deducted that he will be able to resign him... that's why he pulled the trigger on this deal. He doesn't always get credit on these posts but I really like the way PC has managed the team's assets.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Agreed - PC's done pretty well here.  I'm sure he has good idea that Kaberle will resign or extend - a Harvard grad wouldn't give up the farm like that if he didn't think he could get a deal done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You'd like to think that happened, yes. It doesn;t mean it did.  we won't know the value of this move until after the season and if he locks him down to a reasonable contract.

Kaberle best not be getting anywhere near 4.25 million either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]You'd like to think that happened, yes. It doesn;t mean it did.  we won't know the value of this move until after the season and if he locks him down to a reasonable contract. Kaberle best not be getting anywhere near 4.25 million either.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

BB, if we (mere mortals) can understand that Kaberle needs to resign in order to make this deal a success, I think it's a fair statement to say PC did his homework on this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

[QUOTE]You'd like to think that happened, yes. It doesn;t mean it did.  we won't know the value of this move until after the season and if he locks him down to a reasonable contract. Kaberle best not be getting anywhere near 4.25 million either.

Well said, we already overpaid for him a bit in the trade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

GM's always say that....there must be a template for statements to use after a trade like this.

We will see what happens...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

What do you think the going rate for a #2 dman , who is among the leading scorers as a D man in the league playing in one of the worst franchises is worth? I would disagree that on the open market July 1st this guy gets more than 4.25M.. Currently this guy is 30th on the top paid defenseman.. Have a look at guys ahead of him that I would not give a plug nickel for ... I think he has sacrificied quite a bit of salary to stay in Toronto...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It is likely Kaberle is looking for his final NHL contract so it may be larger in scope than PC is willing to give....

Sections
Shortcuts