PC Presser

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

PC Presser

Anyone else watching this?

He looks like sh*t. And is a bit snippy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re: PC Presser

Where can I watch?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Too late it just ended.

PC: " I think we are still contenders but we must improve."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Asked by reporter if he  is still looking to trade:

PC: "yes but it has been harder this time than any time I can remember."

Wasn't that the excuse last year too?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

My impression overall:

He knows he got played and is angry and frustrated about it, especially after going through all the hoops like re-signing Bart, calling up Krug, and sitting Koko last night.

He also looks like he is out of ideas which is not good....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

" he knows he got played"

Yeh by himself

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

For those that could not watch it, here is a truncated TSN version:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419320

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

My impression overall:

He knows he got played and is angry and frustrated about it, especially after going through all the hoops like re-signing Bart, calling up Krug, and sitting Koko last night.

What does someone who is out of ideas look like?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

If what Darren Dreger says is true, that 'some people' feel it was Pittsburgh all along, well then Feaster wasn't operating in good faith - and neither was Iginla for that matter. I know some would call this, 'negotiation', but I think it's shoddy, disingenuous and a little crooked.

What interests me is the extent to which Shero knew of Iginla's preference? How to explain how much 'less' the Pittsburgh offer was than that of the Bruins. Shero's package looks like Feaster handed him a blank cheque and told him to fill in an amount. 

No shame in getting played by these types.

Everybody got played on this one

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Like this.

Sorry jm...couldn't resist ;)

Cheers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The other professional GMs in the NHL should storm Feaster's office with pitchforks and torches and remove this moron from their ranks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Did none of Feaster, Iginla and Shero know nothing of each other's intentions?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

My impression overall:

He responded to haggs that he reads his posts Hagen aasked about what's next, as to what options he could work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Like this.

Cheers!

lol......well played sir!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What does someone who is out of ideas look like?

Someone with a combination of a stunned and perplexed look on their face, which is what PC had.

Just my opinion...he still has 5 days to display his genious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The other professional GMs in the NHL should storm Feaster's office with pitchforks and torches and remove this moron from their ranks.

PC suggested this kind of thing happens quite a bit so it is not a big deal....unless it happens to you of course.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Like this.

Cheers!

+1!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Yeh by himself

Didn't he have a deal to trade Kessel at the draft,but thought Toronto was offering,there pick but they were'nt or something along those lines.I just don;t get how he has had 2 years to replace Ryder,and all they got is Pandolfo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Yeh by himself

Didn't he have a deal to trade Kessel at the draft,but thought Toronto was offering,there pick but they were'nt or something along those lines.I just don;t get how he has had 2 years to replace Ryder,and all they got is Pandolfo

Because it isn't nhl 13. It's a business. Lots of factors. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I just don;t get how he has had 2 years to replace Ryder,and all they got is Pandolfo

Salary Cap, Ryder's contract and this year it has been difficult to get a trade because there are so many teams still within 8th place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1. He always looks like that.

2. He made the following direct comments that are more than a little relevant: with the cap going down next year, the importance of merely renting a player with a bigger cap hit is higher than ever; you now have to get more creative to find ways of making moves that work; there are always players out there.

3. If he can get Jacobs on board, I would not be at all surprised to see him deal for a guy with a year or two on a big money deal with the intent of an amnesty buy-out.  The following players are on teams that may not make the playoffs and are UFA after next year:  Gaborik.  Vanek.  Thornton (lol), Marleau.  JBo, Boyle, Camellieri.  You could acquire Gaborik, then buy him out after the parade and pay him about $2.7M for two years to play elsewhere with no Cap hit - or even re-sign him for two years at $4M to replace Horton.

4. This was the easiest move, and you have to think PC was happy to have it done - nothing off the roster for a veteran scorer.  It isn't the only move in repertoire.  This is the guy who brought in Miro Satan - and it worked for a round and a half!  Maybe Yetiberg is this year's Miro?  With four rounds of impact in him?  And a chocolate ganache center?

5. JW wanted PC to go ballz to the wall to get Iginla. I don't think he's a guy you go Ricky Williams for.  Not for a rental. You don't bid against yourself.  They had a deal they thought was good.  Should they make a deal they think isn't in the best interest of the franchise for Iginla?  The phrase "if you think he's the guy who could make the difference between winning a Cup or not" gets thrown around, but that's like saying I'd buy a ticket for the lottery if I knew that was the ticket that would win.  You look at what the player might do for your odds and you what the deal might do to your chances of success long term, and you make a decision on what you're willing to do.  He did; Iginla chose; end of story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I just don;t get how he has had 2 years to replace Ryder,and all they got is Pandolfo

Salary Cap, Ryder's contract and this year it has been difficult to get a trade because there are so many teams still within 8th place.

Preatty sure Boston had the cap space to keep Ryder,think they just went another root

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for his occasionally pi55y tone, I got the sense he was more frustrated at having to call a presser for a non-deal.  He started with "Feaster is not a weasel; Iginla is an elder statesmen of among current players" - meaning, what happened does not make those two something nite would call me because he didn't like what I wrote about one of his posts.  He continued by saying this schist happens all the time - this one is just public.  Then he looked like he ws going to murder Haggerty for asking "what's plan B?"  I just want someone to follow through on that look for once.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just a reminder Book, ultimately even Satan with all his powers wasn't enough that year to get the B's past the second round. I would not go all gooey over that scrap heap move by PC...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Preatty sure Boston had the cap space to keep Ryder,think they just went another root

Another root?  I guess Pouliot actually was another root.  He and Ryder came from the same tree, right?

Sections
Shortcuts