PC Presser

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: PC Presser

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I don't know much about them, but I can say they are significantly better than the 2 Pttsburg prospects.  And a number 30, 31 or 32 first round pick?

Say what you will about Bartkowski, at least he's played professional hockey.

[/QUOTE]

Don't agree with me on prospects. It doesn't help me in trying to prove a point. 

Just kidding my friend.......and throw in Koko too. McKenzie and McLean are saying the Flames got little in return and the Bruins offer was much better. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I don't know much about them, but I can say they are significantly better than the 2 Pttsburg prospects.  And a number 30, 31 or 32 first round pick?

Say what you will about Bartkowski, at least he's played professional hockey.

Don't agree with me on prospects. It doesn't help me in trying to prove a point. 

Just kidding my friend.......and throw in Koko too. McKenzie and McLean are saying the Flames got little in return and the Bruins offer was much better. 

[/QUOTE]

When you and I and (I think) Dez agree on a topic it leaves about a zero percent margin of error.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

When you and I and (I think) Dez agree on a topic it leaves about a zero percent margin of error.

[/QUOTE]

You are 2/3rds correct.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You are 2/3rds correct.

[/QUOTE]

I'm 33% sure that was some sort of dig. I likes those odds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Let's just stick with what we know (or, what hasn't been disputed yet):

- PC wanted Iginla
    - Shero wanted Iginla

- Feaster wanted to trade Iginla
    - Iginla had a NTC

- Cindy Crybaby has Iginla's phone number

The Bruins' offer is deemed to be better than the one from Pittsburgh by the entire hockey world, and apparently Iginla had given Feaster a list of teams he would waive his NTC for, including Boston and Pittsburgh.

So even if Feaster never tells Iginla about Shero's offer, there is still Cindy, who most likely knew the terms of Shero's offer and might have just called Iginla to let him know...

(As we all know, Cindy will never be listed under "classy" in Webster's dictionary...)

Eventually, Iginla told Feaster that the only club he wants to be traded to is Pittsburgh (and even PC adding #37, 63, 19, 33 and 40 to his offer wouldn't have made a difference).

I have to agree with Don Bruino: After all this, I wouldn't want no part of Mr. Iginla in Boston.

But anyway, Iginla, Shmiginla - can we just move on?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You are 2/3rds correct.

[/QUOTE]

You are 66% correct if you were thinking south of the border.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

While it does appear that Iginla held all of the cards, I can't understand why Feaster let it play out that way.  A NMC does not mean the player gets to be GM and review the offers.

A GM with some tact might have asked Iginla for his list of teams and then ended the player's involvement there, which is perfectly reasonable (the norm, I would say).  "You're willing to go to three teams Jerome?  Great.  I'll get back to you."

Then Feaster does his job, which is getting the best return for his team.  If he thinks the Bruins offer was best, and he's admitted that he did, then he goes back to Iginla and says "Nobody is matching the Bruins deal, good luck in Boston".

Instead, he apparently came back and let Iginla play GM.  It's just puzzling.

Think there are 2 posibilities there Fletch

1. in order to semi wave the NMC, he negotiated his right to peruse all offers(highly unlikely)

2. he knew Pitts wanted him, and he knew the Flames weren't going to get a ton back.  He decided sometime late in the sweepstakes he was only interested in Pitts, but never told anyone till they informed him he was going to Boston.  After that,  it was all spin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You are 2/3rds correct.

You are 66% correct if you were thinking south of the border.

[/QUOTE]

2 less christmas cards to be sent north of the border this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

2 less christmas cards to be sent north of the border this year.

[/QUOTE]

No need. I'll be in Boston this Christmas. You can hand deliver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

While it does appear that Iginla held all of the cards, I can't understand why Feaster let it play out that way.  A NMC does not mean the player gets to be GM and review the offers.

A GM with some tact might have asked Iginla for his list of teams and then ended the player's involvement there, which is perfectly reasonable (the norm, I would say).  "You're willing to go to three teams Jerome?  Great.  I'll get back to you."

Then Feaster does his job, which is getting the best return for his team.  If he thinks the Bruins offer was best, and he's admitted that he did, then he goes back to Iginla and says "Nobody is matching the Bruins deal, good luck in Boston".

While playing back and forth with Crosby. Yes I'm speculating just like some are speculating that Iginla had no clue of what was going on.

Fletch, not only puzzling but down right dirty. PC never had a chance.  Maybe it's true when they say nice guys finish last.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

@DarrenDreger

"Some believe Iginla's choice to play with the Penguins was made long before the decision and trade was made final last night."

Iginla wanted to go to Pittsburgh and I can't blame him.

I'm not really going to put too much stock in what the media says on Twitter about Iginla.

Because you want to nit-pick-it to win a debate. Iginla picked Pittsburgh, you wanna go ahead and keep disecting a moot point...go right ahead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can we have a sneaky, low life , dirty reporter get the greasy scoop on this whole ordeal and expose the culprits ?

Does Boston have any ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

PS: Im a Bentley grad.

Then you'd better just keep that between the two of us. 

You're making all sorts of baseless assumptions, and your resolution processes would not only get you fired on the spot, your legacy in the hockey business would be akin to Barney Fife's in  law enforcment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

While playing back and forth with Crosby. Yes I'm speculating just like some are speculating that Iginla had no clue of what was going on.

Fletch, not only puzzling but down right dirty. PC never had a chance.  Maybe it's true when they say nice guys finish last.

Much better to take the high road and get hurt in this deal rather than sink to a lower level.  It's a smarter way of doing business.  PC is going to be around for a while.

the most immediate repercussion was that the Bruins lost v. the Habs because they pulled Bartkowski and inserted Krug.

I trust PC.  I think it was pretty smart to have that press conference and give Feaster a chance to dispute it.  And Feaster didn't dispute it in a timely or convincing way.  PC ends up with more credibility on this because other GM's will hold him to that same standard - good thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bartkowski was the least significant part of the deal from the Bruins, but he's a LOT better than the 2 college stiff they are getting from the Penguins.  Koko and the 1st round pick were the meat and potatoes of the deal.

For a 35 yo rental I think that's a premium offer, I really do.  Enough of a good offer that it should have trumped Iginla's wishes.  Offering a first born child with that deal would have been foolish.

.......or Subban.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The alarming thing is that somehow PC and Calgary both lost.  You would think that for Feaster to break the verbal deal he had with Boston, Pittsburgh must have offered a better deal, right?  That would make sense.  A GM has gotta take the best deal.  Wrong.

Feaster may be the only GM I have ever heard of to use the bidding process to drive the price down.  Idiotic.

And for those complaining about the B's offer.  Bartkowski was once a rather promising NCAA prospect just like the two guys the Pens dealt.  Then he proved he could play the pro game and now has NHL contract, something Hanowski and Agostino might do one day if all goes well.  And then you have Koko, the best prospect involved.  And a Bruin 1st rounder which projects to be higher than the Pens 1st rounder.  There is a reason why everyone from McKenzie to Feaster agree that the Bruin offer was better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Can we have a sneaky, low life , dirty reporter get the greasy scoop on this whole ordeal and expose the culprits ?

Does Boston have any ?

I don't think that's necessary. 

Enough of the facts have been revealed so that we know what happened.

What's out of whack is all this speculation about what could have/should have been said or done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

You're going down a slippery road from a discussion perspective. If you're not open to changing your mind, what are you doing here? Just re-reading your own posts? I've offered up many reasons for my position, and the only thing you can do is post around them and sling mud.

Please explain what you think would have been different if Boston had included 2 more decent prospects, or whatever it is you're suggesting. Please explain why that would have made Feaster more secretive. Please explain how that would've motivated Iginla or how that would have kept the Crosby stuff in the dark.

As far as why the best offer wasn't made, I don't know where to start. It was the best offer. It was accepted by the Flames. Calgary didn't turn it down, Iginla did. Unless the Flames could provide some under the table incentive for Iginla to accept Boston(which is highly illegal) in the event PC was prepared to include Seguin, what difference would that make to Iginla. Do you really think he gives a shiitt about the Calgary Flames today?

And Bartowski has proven good enough to have a look at the NHL level. That's a far cry from an unsigned US college hockey player. A Boston first rounder is a better pick than a Penguin first rounder too.

Unlike you, I'm very open to changing my mind.

Steve

Not sure why you feel like I'm slinging mud ?

I'll ask you again, If you're not understanding my point

Do you feel that the offer had no impact on the decision, and that Iginla was going to Pitt regardless of what Boston put on the table ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Do you feel that the offer had no impact on the decision, and that Iginla was going to Pitt regardless of what Boston put on the table ?

I guarantee Steve says yes to your question. It's the same answer he's given numerous times. It's the same answer that's shared by countless posters. By all means though, stick to your guns. The only thing that beats being wrong is knowing it and still being too stubborn to acknowledge it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That's what happened.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

That's what happened.

Yep. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

PS: Im a Bentley grad.

Then you'd better just keep that between the two of us. 

You're making all sorts of baseless assumptions, and your resolution processes would not only get you fired on the spot, your legacy in the hockey business would be akin to Barney Fife's in  law enforcment.

Blah, blah blah.  Im not making any assumptions.  Just pointing out various ways Feaster could have handled this better.  His hands werent tied.  

Your unwarranted personal attack shows how open minded you are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

As for his occasionally pi55y tone, I got the sense he was more frustrated at having to call a presser for a non-deal.  He started with "Feaster is not a weasel; Iginla is an elder statesmen of among current players" - meaning, what happened does not make those two something nite would call me because he didn't like what I wrote about one of his posts.  He continued by saying this schist happens all the time - this one is just public.  Then he looked like he ws going to murder Haggerty for asking "what's plan B?"  I just want someone to follow through on that look for once.

Book? I was out of line & I apologize. I just came off a 43 day stretch of work & stressed to the max. I took my frustration out on you & that's wrong. You're one of my favourite posters & you are in the top 3 in knowledge imo. So, I'm really sorry for my outrage. I'm home now for 12 days & going to play in a hockey tourney to take my frustrations out on them. Cheers!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

You're going down a slippery road from a discussion perspective. If you're not open to changing your mind, what are you doing here? Just re-reading your own posts? I've offered up many reasons for my position, and the only thing you can do is post around them and sling mud.

Please explain what you think would have been different if Boston had included 2 more decent prospects, or whatever it is you're suggesting. Please explain why that would have made Feaster more secretive. Please explain how that would've motivated Iginla or how that would have kept the Crosby stuff in the dark.

As far as why the best offer wasn't made, I don't know where to start. It was the best offer. It was accepted by the Flames. Calgary didn't turn it down, Iginla did. Unless the Flames could provide some under the table incentive for Iginla to accept Boston(which is highly illegal) in the event PC was prepared to include Seguin, what difference would that make to Iginla. Do you really think he gives a shiitt about the Calgary Flames today?

And Bartowski has proven good enough to have a look at the NHL level. That's a far cry from an unsigned US college hockey player. A Boston first rounder is a better pick than a Penguin first rounder too.

Unlike you, I'm very open to changing my mind.

Steve

Jumping in...Thats a good question.

It seems to me that Feaster did not try at all to sell Iginla that the honorable thing to do would have been to honor his agreement and go to Boston.

I think that if the Bruins offer and the Pens offer were monumentally far apart, Feaster would have at least tried harder to get Iginla to accept the move.

I dont know if he would have been succesful.  Its the lack of fight on Calgary's part that surprises me the most. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The alarming thing is that somehow PC and Calgary bothlost.  You would think that for Feaster to break the verbal deal he had with Boston, Pittsburgh must have offered a better deal, right?  That would make sense.  A GM has gotta take the best deal.  Wrong.

Feaster may be the only GM I have ever heard of to use the bidding process to drive the price down.  Idiotic.

And for those complaining about the B's offer.  Bartkowski was once a rather promising NCAA prospect just like the two guys the Pens dealt.  Then he proved he could play the pro game and now has NHL contract, something Hanowski and Agostino might do one day if all goes well.  And then you have Koko, the best prospect involved.  And a Bruin 1st rounder which projects to be higher than the Pens 1st rounder.  There is a reason why everyone from McKenzie to Feaster agree that the Bruin offer was better.

You continue to make a ton of sense on this topic.