PC Presser

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: PC Presser

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

+1!

Numbers (like words) can hurt too, San....:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't second guess yourself, you have a problem with PCs explanation it's ok. As far as the fun part, I get made fun of on here all the time even by WLH. Nothing to go see a bartender about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Why did PC hold this presser to begin with? What purpose does it serve? I don't see the upside. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was surprised too. Its not like he is a head of government or state where he is obligated to hold conferences to explain his every move (or non-move).

PC was probably expecting a lot of backlash from fans and wanted to get his side of the story out in an official capacity. Good PR move.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Same offer Mr PC if someone in the management reads these posts justnget in touch withmme I will be glad to assist you in the negotiations

BostonBruinsbobbyorr@yahoo.ca

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Same offer Mr PC if someone in the management reads these posts justnget in touch withmme I will be glad to assist you in the negotiations

BostonBruinsbobbyorr@yahoo.ca

Yahoo still has email accounts? I thought that stopped when I got out of jr high. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You may want to work on cleaning up your grammar, spelling and sentence structure first, Stanley....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

Yahoo still has email accounts? I thought that stopped when I got out of jr high. 

Right next to myspace on AOL....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

Right next to myspace on AOL....

Probably easier if PC just IM's him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Why did PC hold this presser to begin with? What purpose does it serve? I don't see the upside. 

This was a pretty big story/event that ended badly for the Bruins.  Chiarelli wanted to clear the air and let eveyone know what happened.

I think it's pretty awesome that he did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Probably easier if PC just IM's him

lol........poor, poor Stanley.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

corvo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This was a pretty big story/event that ended badly for the Bruins.  Chiarelli wanted to clear the air and let eveyone know what happened.

Me too. Not to long ago this organization was run into the ground by a front office comprised of "yes" men that couldn't care less about the fan base. I  regard the presser a a classy move by PC. Look at the state of other teams in this league that are being mis-managed. After building a team that won the Cup, I think the GM and Pres were patient in allowing these players a chance to repeat without an' 'knee- jerking' reactions as to trades. I think that's the type of loyalty one seldom sees going both ways in pro sports. Chiarelli's press conference is a testiment to the organization.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm not upset as a fan he did it, I'm just surprised. I would have expected he wait until the deadline were over and then reflect back on everything once the teams was srttled for the rest of the year.

More power to him. I trust the guy 100%. If something doesn't work out, it won't be because PC did something foolish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Pretty stand up thing to do if you ask me. he had a whole fane base that went to bed last night thinking Iginla was a Bruin, only to wake up to different news. i admire that he did it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

1. He always looks like that.

2. He made the following direct comments that are more than a little relevant: with the cap going down next year, the importance of merely renting a player with a bigger cap hit is higher than ever; you now have to get more creative to find ways of making moves that work; there are always players out there.

3. If he can get Jacobs on board, I would not be at all surprised to see him deal for a guy with a year or two on a big money deal with the intent of an amnesty buy-out.  The following players are on teams that may not make the playoffs and are UFA after next year:  Gaborik.  Vanek.  Thornton (lol), Marleau.  JBo, Boyle, Camellieri.  You could acquire Gaborik, then buy him out after the parade and pay him about $2.7M for two years to play elsewhere with no Cap hit - or even re-sign him for two years at $4M to replace Horton.

4. This was the easiest move, and you have to think PC was happy to have it done - nothing off the roster for a veteran scorer.  It isn't the only move in repertoire.  This is the guy who brought in Miro Satan - and it worked for a round and a half!  Maybe Yetiberg is this year's Miro?  With four rounds of impact in him?  And a chocolate ganache center?

5. JW wanted PC to go ballz to the wall to get Iginla. I don't think he's a guy you go Ricky Williams for.  Not for a rental. You don't bid against yourself.  They had a deal they thought was good.  Should they make a deal they think isn't in the best interest of the franchise for Iginla?  The phrase "if you think he's the guy who could make the difference between winning a Cup or not" gets thrown around, but that's like saying I'd buy a ticket for the lottery if I knew that was the ticket that would win.  You look at what the player might do for your odds and you what the deal might do to your chances of success long term, and you make a decision on what you're willing to do.  He did; Iginla chose; end of story.

I wouldn't say sweetning the pot up a little from Bark and Koko can be described as ballz to the wall. I am saying that you have to honor your beliefs. I think he was trying to pull a move on the cheap for something he desperately wanted, and got what he deserved. This ain't a Peverly or Kelly deal...it's for Jarome freakin Iginla ! For all who were disappointed - would you  have given up Caron,Krug or Tardiff throw in to have gotten this done ? We'll all have to wonder along with PC who had a pretty f'd up expression on his face today, if his conservative approach just screwed his own plans for this teams post season this year. I really believe that's what went down. I mean what else would you expect anyone else to say at this point...the only way he was coming to Boston was if we had a much more substantial offer than Pitt, but we f'd it up so, we're going with the player decided to screw the deal. Spinorama maximus -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Show of hands, who knows what  NMC means and how it works?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Here you go:

"A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Here you go:

"A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout."

Thanks buddy. There seems to be a few who are still confused.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know how it works, but I think some people are under the impression that it means "every possible trade offer made must be presented to the player". 

If Chiarelli offers something awesome and Pitt offers something that is just good, obviously Feaster would want the B's trade offer.  He would simply present that one to Iginla and never even mention the Pittsburgh option.

And with that, Iginla is a Bruin.  Because the offers were somewhat similar, Feaster gave Iginla the opportunity to take his pick of where he wanted to play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Listening to to professional nhl anylists and sports media people, the best i get is that, feister should have filed a signed approval of the nmtc with the specifics and he didnt do that, therefore any verbal deal with PC is just that, nothing else, also a better statement from Bob Mcgowan on primetime sports on sportsnet, says along with glen healy agreeing,  that once the calagry gm went to iggy and said we had a deal with the bruins, that he should of told iggy get on a plane but instead allowed him to say , oh i want pittsburg, this mess i am sure you will see a change soon in deals in the future because it simply allows a player too much say, ya you can say iggy has the right, but now the heat is on the gm for misleading PC into a deal was done. Iginla is at fault here because he took advantage of the GM not getting that waiver signed and faxed to the NHL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Show of hands ...who thinks PC put his best deal on the table ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No problem, Dez. It was Iginla's right to say no to a deal since it's part of the contract that he signed with the club. Nothing more to really say about this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I know how it works, but I think some people are under the impression that it means "every possible trade offer made must be presented to the player". 

If Chiarelli offers something awesome and Pitt offers something that is just good, obviously Feaster would want the B's trade offer.  He would simply present that one to Iginla and never even mention the Pittsburgh option.

And with that, Iginla is a Bruin.  Because the offers were somewhat similar, Feaster gave Iginla the opportunity to take his pick of where he wanted to play.

I didn't mean you. I figure you've got a handle on it. Ask yourself if you think PC would've upped the offer if that's all it would've taken to nail it down? I think he would've offered anything within reason to get it done but it seems he wasn't presented with the opportunity to counter. Iginla earned the right to choose and he used it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Show of hands ...who thinks PC put his best deal on the table ?

Everyone in the hockey world felt the Bruins made a better offer. What is it you don't understand? Should PC have offered Chara and Seguin and then tossed in Hamilton if Feaster refused? What would the "best deal on the table" be for instance? Seriously, what do you think PC should've offered to make Iginla like Boston more than Pitt?

Sections
Shortcuts