PC Says Bruins Thinking About ‘Circling Back’ on Jaromir Jagr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC Says Bruins Thinking About ‘Circling Back’ on Jaromir Jagr

http://nesn.com/2013/07/peter-chiarelli-says-bruins-are-circling-back-on-jaromir-jagr-in-search-for-a-winger/

@NHLBruins

"Chiarelli said with Nathan Horton going to free agency, they have thought of circling back with Jaromir Jagr; "we may revisit" ^CS"

"You know actually we have thought of circling back,” Chiarelli told reporters Wednesday. “We told him we were moving on so he may have moved on, also. It’s something that we may revisit. He’s on a list … of a bunch of guys. I’d like to go into this, when I talk about reconstructing the right side, maybe we can get some youth in there too in addition to an older guy. When I say older it’s relatively speaking. It’s just older than a youthful player. It could be old now. 28 is the old 32. It’s all relative.”

now actually we have thought of circling back,” Chiarelli told reporters Wednesday. “We told him we were moving on so he may have moved on, also. It’s something that we may revisit. He’s on a list … of a bunch of guys. I’d like to go into this, when I talk about reconstructing the right side, maybe we can get some youth in there too in addition to an older guy. When I say older it’s relatively speaking. It’s just older than a youthful player. It could be old now. 28 is the old 32. It’s all relative.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/07/peter-chiarelli-says-bruins-are-circling-back-on-jaromir-jagr-in-search-for-a-winger/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: PC Says Bruins Thinking About ‘Circling Back’ on Jaromir Jagr

Starting yet to get the feeling that PC is throwing absolutely everything against the wall to see what sticks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'm sure PC can do better....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Jagr must have some juicy dirt on PC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Jagr and the option is? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

We need someone who is going to improve the PP.  Jagr tried but it didn't work out.  I say no more Jagr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I would move on from him but if he has no other option and Jagr wants to come back which  I doubt. The problem he told Jagr to hit the road now doesn't have much money to offer him, just don't see it happening. I would rather overpay for Daniel A.    JMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

We need someone who is going to improve the PP.  Jagr tried but it didn't work out.  I say no more Jagr.

agree 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://nesn.com/2013/07/peter-chiarelli-says-bruins-are-circling-back-on-jaromir-jagr-in-search-for-a-winger/

@NHLBruins

"Chiarelli said with Nathan Horton going to free agency, they have thought of circling back with Jaromir Jagr; "we may revisit" ^CS"

"You know actually we have thought of circling back,” Chiarelli told reporters Wednesday. “We told him we were moving on so he may have moved on, also. It’s something that we may revisit. He’s on a list … of a bunch of guys. I’d like to go into this, when I talk about reconstructing the right side, maybe we can get some youth in there too in addition to an older guy. When I say older it’s relatively speaking. It’s just older than a youthful player. It could be old now. 28 is the old 32. It’s all relative.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/07/peter-chiarelli-says-bruins-are-circling-back-on-jaromir-jagr-in-search-for-a-winger/ now actually we have thought of circling back,” Chiarelli told reporters Wednesday. “We told him we were moving on so he may have moved on, also. It’s something that we may revisit. He’s on a list … of a bunch of guys. I’d like to go into this, when I talk about reconstructing the right side, maybe we can get some youth in there too in addition to an older guy. When I say older it’s relatively speaking. It’s just older than a youthful player. It could be old now. 28 is the old 32. It’s all relative.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/07/peter-chiarelli-says-bruins-are-circling-back-on-jaromir-jagr-in-search-for-a-winger/

I hope PC circles like Jagr on the backcheck. That way we know he'll never get there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

[QUOTE]

agree 

[/QUOTE]

Agree with moving on but I thought he helped our PP a little bit.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I hope PC circles like Jagr on the backcheck. That way we know he'll never get there.

And I thought I was the only one that had seen Chiarelli play at Harvard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

agree 

Agree with moving on but I thought he helped our PP a little bit.

He did Sman, but not enough.  Just think, a couple PP goals  and we could have had a Cup this year, every game was that close.

I really don't think PC is seriously considering bringing him back.  He scored 2 goals, and one went off his skate!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I appreciate what he did.  his down low game was great.  Seguin at 21 didnt exactly rip it up either.   

Lets put it this way.  Id rather have jagr over peverly.  the fact he said it makes me believe that its a real possibility.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

Personally I'd rather reuinite Bergeron, Marchand and Seguin and look for another 1st line RW to replace Horton.  Jagr was taking 15 second shifts in the playoffs...he just doesn't have the legs anymore for an 82 game season combined a 20 plus game playoff run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I appreciate what he did.  his down low game was great.  Seguin at 21 didnt exactly rip it up either.   

Lets put it this way.  Id rather have jagr over peverly.  the fact he said it makes me believe that its a real possibility.  

Seguin was playing with third liners....

if it's Jagr or nothing, i prefer the latter.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me too. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There was a reason for it.  He wasnt doing anything.  

I appreciate what he did.  But agree there has to be better options.  Actually worries me that pc is considering it.   And doing it publically.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I thought Jagr was solid.  He was great at creating zone time - and thus reducing chances against.  I also liked his attitude and by the end of the run was backchecking pretty decent... for him.  I would have him back if he was cheap enough.

I would be fine with Ryder, Jagr, Brierre... any number of these second-tier RW's, as long as they were cheap enough.  The Bruins are tight against the cap.  They just need someone solid to be that 6th forward.

Jagr scored 10 points through 22 playoff games and had great work along the boards.  He also could have had another 4 or 5 points with a little luck so I would put his potential at 10-15 points through 22 games.  The question we need to ask is, "Who would do better for the same cost?"  I think I would be pleased if any of the signings contributed that, even Alfredson or Iginla.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Jagr as a third liner for 2 million, maybe 2.5 to play with soderberg and spooner. wouldn't mind that line, and at a cost of about 3-3.5 million. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Anyone know how he scored so many goals in Dallas? 

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Anyone know how he scored so many goals in Dallas?

This is a trap/trick question I know it.

On any given night Jagr could be riding with Benn, Whitney, Eriksson or Morrow. You could also through in assist machine Gologoski and Jagr is going to get allot of looks in the slot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He was good for a rental, but I think he has a lot of mileage, too much, to hack out another season with success.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This is a trap/trick question I know it.

On any given night Jagr could be riding with Benn, Whitney, Eriksson or Morrow. You could also through in assist machine Gologoski and Jagr is going to get allot of looks in the slot.

So, Murray?

Sections
Shortcuts