PC: Tim Thomas won't play this year, wants to play next year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC: Tim Thomas won't play this year, wants to play next year.

http://nesn.com/2013/01/tim-thomas-wont-play-for-bruins-this-season-but-peter-chiarelli-says-he-wants-to-play-next-year/

" Chiarelli on Tim Thomas: "We'll end up suspending him… He will be on our cap unless I trade him"^CS

Stayed tuned...we'll revisit in April.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: PC: Tim Thomas won't play this year, wants to play next year.

So the Tim Thomas story or his intentions haven't changed at all from before. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'm not holding my breath waiting for PC to make a trade. This shortened season and the playoffs ( i'm all ready presuming we make it there), will really tell where the Bruins are with the goaltending. I'm afraid that Rask will forever have nagging groin and or knee problems and a very good back up goalie will be a must. If the goal tending let's us down, I wouldn't be surprised to see TT back at training camp next Sept. Never say never in this league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

True enough, Stuke, but that would be very bizarre.  Odds on favorite on the Bookboy line is 2:1 Chiarelli suspends Thomas for the year and lets him walk in July, but the runner-up at 5:2 is Chiarelli deals a pick or prospect along with Thomas for a pick or prospect to clear space for a deadline acquisition.  There are a few guys who are impending UFAs on bad teams (based on last year) who could be available and too expensive for their current teams to re-sign - Streit, Regher, Whitney, Scuderi....  All make less than Thomas's cap hit.

Could also happen before the deadline for a hundred reasons (injuries, underperformance etc.).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Thomas said before todays news that he intended to play in 2013-2014 ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

It would be cold-blooded, but keeping TT at least gives PC a viable alternative if Rask gets too expensive. Letting Thomas go only reases Rask's asking price. Unless, of course, Rask stinks up the joint...then all the more reason to bring TT back.

I hate it. I do. I'll always appreciate TT, but it'll be hard to really cheer for the guy if he makes a comeback with the Bs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

The Bruins could keep Thomas and "toll" his contract to next year (@ 3 Million). I'm wondering if we ever got definitive information on what his cap hit, if any, would be for 2013-14 in that situation. If the Bruins take on the 5M cap hit for this year then they should have fulfilled the cap hit part of the contract. Could he play somewhere in 2013-14 and be paid 3M yet have no cap hit?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas will be just as good as when he won the bruins a cup

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Kanes-Donuts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

timmy thomas will be just as good as when he won the bruins a cup

[/QUOTE]

what?  

no nasty comments about Canadians or how the Bruins should only draft Yankees?

No comment about that other troll you fight with - and it's the only time both of the comment?

O yah, oldewinesock or something.

You're losing your touch.

And I'm pretty sure you're both al kaida operatives who are both talking to each other in code because nothing either of you say makes any sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

This is something I didn't know:

PC can "toll" Timmy's contract, meaning he can keep Timmy at 1 year for 5 mil next year because he is suspended this year...

So I think the best course of action is to most definitely do that and just trade him to someone next year if PC doesn't want to keep him...

But then again, pretty much all of this depends on how Tuukka plays this year...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is something I didn't know:

PC can "toll" Timmy's contract, meaning he can keep Timmy at 1 year for 5 mil next year because he is suspended this year...

So I think the best course of action is to most definitely do that and just trade him to someone next year if PC doesn't want to keep him...

But then again, pretty much all of this depends on how Tuukka plays this year...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yes, and ... what?  What does it have to do with how tuuka plays?  If tuuka stinks the joint out, they are still not taking TT back even with the toll forward.  There is some kind of bad blood going on there (my pet suspicion is the white house thing).  So TT has played his last in boston, that's 99% sure.  The globe writers all seem sure of it, and I wonder if they know more but they have no one who will be a source anonymous or otherwise (yes, total speculation again).  Or even on the face of it, TT didn't adhere to his contract, that right there is enough to cause bad blood.  Same deal as when your plumber says he'll show, but then calls and said he changed his mind, should never have agreed to come in the first place.  Same with TT

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Good analogy, BadHab.

It's funny how TT bemoans the government and morality of our culture in general, but he isn't stand up enough to honor a signed contract.

Just from the tone of that tweet I think you would see Clemens in a Sox uniform before TT in a B's.

and with that...I will utter my last words ever on this board about Tim Thomas:

Thanks for being great at goalie and helping the B's win a cup. Other than that, I think you're a whacko nutjob. Have fun in the bunker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thomas said before todays news that he intended to play in 2013-2014 ?

[/QUOTE]

This from his facebook 7 months ago.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like 1 year off.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:So the Tim Thomas story or his intentions haven't changed at all from before.

Thomas said before todays news that he intended to play in 2013-2014 ? [/QUOTE]

This from his facebook 7 months ago.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like 1 year off. Friends, Family, and Faith. This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year. [/QUOTE]

"Chiarelli said Thomas expressed an interest in playing in the 2014 Olympics, which will be two months before he turns 40"

Thomas made no mention of playing in the NHL in 2013-2014 to Chiarelli, just the Olympics. So TT now stating he wants play again in the NHL is indeed new news.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

8 months and a lockout later and we are still talking about this guy.

Have fun in Columbus next year Timmy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If he plans on playing in the Olympics, i would assume he would plan on playing in the NHL that year..How else would anyone justify selecting him over goalies Miller and Quick for example who would have been playing against NHL players leading up to it....

On another note, absolutley no way he makes the squad..He would have to play so much better than everyone else to justify putting him on there...Him representing U.S.A would be a media circus...Don't see them doing that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

I take tt back in a sec next season if he wants to play for the bs one more season. Guy wanted a yr off and he picked a good yr to take off. His cap hit can be pushed off until next season, so he would have done nothing to effect the bruins cap. I don't agree with his political views but he is entitled to his own opinions, on to the next. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As much as I don't like the whole scenario and how this played out. I would not be totally shocked if Thomas came back n gave Miller, Quick, Schneider or Howard a run for their money then get selected to the 2014 US Team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

As much as I don't like the whole scenario and how this played out. I would not be totally shocked if Thomas came back n gave Miller, Quick, Schneider or Howard a run for their money then get selected to the 2014 US Team.

[/QUOTE]

As long as he plays in the NHL.  I would be totally shocked if he sits out another NHL season and then beats out any of those guys.  I think TT should return good value, he would obviously be moitvated and goalies can go a few more years than players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't care where TT plays next year, as long as it's not in Boston or Winnipeg.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he plans on playing in the Olympics, i would assume he would plan on playing in the NHL that year..How else would anyone justify selecting him over goalies Miller and Quick for example who would have been playing against NHL players leading up to it....

On another note, absolutley no way he makes the squad..He would have to play so much better than everyone else to justify putting him on there...Him representing U.S.A would be a media circus...Don't see them doing that.

[/QUOTE]

My assumptions also. Thankyou.

TT saying he wants to play in the Olympics thinking he would be just handed the job without playing for 2 years would be ridiculous. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

8 months and a lockout later and we are still talking about this guy.

Have fun in Columbus next year Timmy.

[/QUOTE]

Would you prefer we talked about Fehr and Bettman instead ? Hockey talk has no time limitations.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:So the Tim Thomas story or his intentions haven't changed at all from before.

This from his facebook 7 months ago.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like 1 year off. Friends, Family, and Faith. This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year. [/QUOTE]

"Chiarelli said Thomas expressed an interest in playing in the 2014 Olympics, which will be two months before he turns 40"

Thomas made no mention of playing in the NHL in 2013-2014 to Chiarelli, just the Olympics. So TT now stating he wants play again in the NHL is indeed new news.

[/QUOTE]

No mention of him not playing either. Old news.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment: [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] No mention of him not playing either. Old news. [/QUOTE]

Nothing but new news that Thomas intends to play in 2014.

Still searching for that phantom quote you made up then got burned on ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My assumptions also. Thankyou.

TT saying he wants to play in the Olympics thinking he would be just handed the job without playing for 2 years would be ridiculous. 

[/QUOTE]

He can play against Hasek in the Olympic Old Timers Pickup game.

Sections
Shortcuts