PC: Tim Thomas won't play this year, wants to play next year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: PC: Tim Thomas won't play this year, wants to play next year.

Frankly, this is a good illustration of why someone would want out of Edmonton - one of thousands!  Not much to do there other than go to the mall (groan) or drink stubbies and make up salacious rumours about the Oilers, especially the guys with wives who have long, blonde hair. The things I used to hear about Wayne and Janet....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

By the end of July 2006, Pronger decided to speak out to deny that any sexual impropriety had taken place. "It's funny," he told Eric Stephens of the Los Angeles Times. "One rumour is I get some newscaster pregnant and all of a sudden she comes out and says, 'I don't know the guy.' Another girl comes out and says, 'I don't know the guy.' It's like a train that never ends."

In mid-September, Pronger again addressed the rumours with The Journal's Jim Matheson, categorically denying all of them. "I've heard all the nasty stuff, about all my girlfriends ... that I've got more kids than I started with. I must have six kids out there."

Hey Red, maybe you should pen a letter to Chris Pronger telling him how your feelings are hurt........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TT feeds on disrespect and underestimation, never count this guy out. It may be a very, very long time - if ever, that his performance on the ice will be matched. We were so fortunate to have it in Boston. I'll never forget what he did- it was that monumental, and deserves reverence.

[/QUOTE]

Me neither. What he did on the ice will never be forgotten. Who he is off the ice and what people think of him has no meaning to me. 

P.S. And my TT tshirt reminds me what he did for the B's franchise every time I put it on. 

[/QUOTE]

Did you get the Conn Smythe winner T-shirt Chowda? 

[/QUOTE]

NHL Reebok Boston Bruins #30 THOMAS Hockey Shirt New Mens X-LARGE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

TT feeds on disrespect and underestimation, never count this guy out. It may be a very, very long time - if ever, that his performance on the ice will be matched. We were so fortunate to have it in Boston. I'll never forget what he did- it was that monumental, and deserves reverence.

Me neither. What he did on the ice will never be forgotten. Who he is off the ice and what people think of him has no meaning to me. 

P.S. And my TT tshirt reminds me what he did for the B's franchise every time I put it on. 

Did you get the Conn Smythe winner T-shirt Chowda? 

NHL Reebok Boston Bruins #30 THOMAS Hockey Shirt New Mens X-LARGE

Reebok Boston Bruins Tim Thomas 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs Conn Smythe Trophy T-shirt - Shop.NHL.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

I thought that came out a long time ago - that his wife was simply unhappy in Edmonton (can't say I blame her)

A poor excuse in my book.  Was she unhappy with his paycheck?  

How inconvenient that she has to be a millionaire housewife in a city with cold weather while he honors a contract for a few years, before retiring to anywhere they want in the world.  Boo hoo.

Fletch, the rumour was that Pronger knocked up a reporter (not Red apparently) in Edmonton and that had much to do with why his wife was unhappy there.

[/QUOTE]

Oh good Lord. I'm friends with the reporter in question. She won a liable suit over that BS (it paid off her Student Loans). No veracity to that claim once-so-ever. It never happened and was proven as such in a court of law (techincally a prelim hearing).  Folks, stop, PLEASE, beleiving unsubstantiated BS. If you're going to disparage her, at least please have a clue as to who you're talking about. She's a combat vet, an experienced war correspondent, and a very experienced and an award winning sports reporter. Dez, honestly, I find posts like yours deeply offensive. You heard a rumour once, so you think that is basis enough to disparage someone you never met. Tell what you posted here to her face - she'd break your jaw, and deservedley so.

Seriously, I respect most of you - but you're starting to sound like a bunch of shut-in-grandmothers. Do you have an aversion to the word "facts"?

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you missed the part where I called it a rumour. I also don't see where I disparaged anyone since I clearly didn't even speculate on who (aside from the Prongers) that the rumour was in reference to. It would seem to me that you are the only one that has even remotely identified the other party involved. You find what I said to be offensive? I guess I must be insensitive because I don't give a flying fokk if your feelings were hurt over it. Regarding the libel (liable) suit you speak of, I'll have you know it wasn't me she won it against as I have no idea who you're talking about. I sure hope the award winning jornalist/combat vet has thicker skin than you obviously do. As I've mentioned to you before, get your facts straight if you want to grease me out. The fact is that for someone with the resume you claim to have, you really sound like an idiot sometimes.

[/QUOTE]
    yeah, but that's just the beer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I am cetain (no rumor) that it is in fact libel and not liable in the context it was in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

yeah yeah. Yes you're right, but in my defence, that was Alexander Keith's talking, and not me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

yeah yeah. Yes you're right, but in my defence, that was Alexander Keith's talking, and not me.

Oh well, everything's just peachy then. People can just say what they want when they're drunk I guess. I don't know how I forgot that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

my guess is because you were drinking. (and it was a spelling mistake for pete's sake)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

my guess is because you were drinking. (and it was a spelling mistake for pete's sake)

Your spelling mistake was the least of my concerns but I'm sure you're well aware of it. You're a real class act. Maybe another threat regarding what your friend would do to me if they ever met me is in order...........Pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm pathetic?? You're on the internet spreading vile rumours about someone you  don't know, and I'm the pathetic one because I called you out on your BS? What colour is the sky in your world?I like the majority of your posts dez, but man do we  evert disagree on this. If you're expecting an apology from me, you won't be receiving one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Someone tell Wheats that on the Dougie/Badhab undercard will be Red/Dez or Reds Wife/Dez and while we are on it might as well put Nite/ADK....get all of this stuff out of the way before Saturday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Someone tell Wheats that on the Dougie/Badhab undercard will be Red/Dez or Reds Wife/Dez and while we are on it might as well put Nite/ADK....get all of this stuff out of the way before Saturday.

Only if the bout is handicapped - I'm assuming he's got reach and size on me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Hey Kel,how about you and Null as the opening bout of the card?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Can I use my blocker? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Can I use my blocker? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm pathetic?? You're on the internet spreading vile rumours about someone you  don't know, and I'm the pathetic one because I called you out on your BS? What colour is the sky in your world?I like the majority of your posts dez, but man do we  evert disagree on this. If you're expecting an apology from me, you won't be receiving one.

Again, for someone who claims to be educated, your comprehension skills are seriously lacking. Nowhere did I spread any rumours about anyone. What I basically did was paraphrase Chris Pronger (as evidenced by the quote I provided). Nowhere did I even imply that it was in any way true nor did I even remotely speculate on the identity of the other party. You on the other hand, went out of your way to provide clues as to the identity of said party. I'm still confused why but I'm sure you've got your own messed up reasons. Frankly, I didn't expect an apology as that would've been too simple and involved some semblance of character. Keep clinging to the idea that you're right in sticking up for some perceived wrong but the fact remains that I didn't write a word in that post that was wrong and the proof is there for all to see. I'd like to think you're not an idiot in real life. You just play one on the forum.  Quick recap so there's no confusion....

Dez-
    Fletch, the rumour was that Pronger knocked up a reporter (not Red apparently) in Edmonton and that had much to do with why his wife was unhappy there.

Chris Pronger-

By the end of July 2006, Pronger decided to speak out to deny that any sexual impropriety had taken place. "It's funny," he told Eric Stephens of the Los Angeles Times. "One rumour is I get some newscaster pregnant and all of a sudden she comes out and says, 'I don't know the guy.' Another girl comes out and says, 'I don't know the guy.' It's like a train that never ends."

In mid-September, Pronger again addressed the rumours with The Journal's Jim Matheson, categorically denying all of them. "I've heard all the nasty stuff, about all my girlfriends ... that I've got more kids than I started with. I must have six kids out there."

Red-
    Oh good Lord. I'm friends with the reporter in question. She won a liable suit over that BS (it paid off her Student Loans). No veracity to that claim once-so-ever. It never happened and was proven as such in a court of law (techincally a prelim hearing).  Folks, stop, PLEASE, beleiving unsubstantiated BS. If you're going to disparage her, at least please have a clue as to who you're talking about. She's a combat vet, an experienced war correspondent, and a very experienced and an award winning sports reporter. Dez, honestly, I find posts like yours deeply offensive. You heard a rumour once, so you think that is basis enough to disparage someone you never met. Tell what you posted here to her face - she'd break your jaw, and deservedley so.

Seriously, I respect most of you - but you're starting to sound like a bunch of shut-in-grandmothers. Do you have an aversion to the word "facts"?

It sure looks like you're the only one spreading rumours about some award winning journalist/combat veteran. I look forward to finding out exactly what I wrote that wasn't factual.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Hey Kel,how about you and Null as the opening bout of the card?

No way, he's all mine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sigh. I'm just going to try and forget this conversation ever happened. That was the rumour, you are right - the rumour was a lie, and proven as such, but you still decided to repeat it - that's where you're in the wrong.

Whatever, not responding on this topic again - better uses for my time than a message board fight.

Saturday can't come soon enough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sigh. I'm just going to try and forget this conversation ever happened. That was the rumour, you are right - the rumour was a lie, and proven as such, but you still decided to repeat it - that's where you're in the wrong.

Whatever, not responding on this topic again - better uses for my time than a message board fight.

Saturday can't come soon enough.

Of course you want to forget because you look like a fool. You claimed to be drunk to explain away your behavior and then you turn around and claim to have done nothing wrong. I suggest not starting fights if you don't have time for it but I suppose that seems too sensible though eh?  BTW, the person I was talking about mentions nothing about awards or being a combat vet in her bio but then I'm not surprised you'd decide to add straight out lies to the conversation while berating others for not being factual enough. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The drunk thing was a joke - I was never in the wrong... crap, I'm responding - goddamit.

Dez, let me ask you this - i think your comments square you as an a**, you think my comments square me as a total b!tch. What would either of us possibly gain from continuing this scrap? Can we agree to mutually just drop it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The drunk thing was a joke - I was never in the wrong... crap, I'm responding - goddamit.

Dez, let me ask you this - i think your comments square you as an a**, you think my comments square me as a total b!tch. What would either of us possibly gain from continuing this scrap? Can we agree to mutually just drop it?

And somewhere JWensink is shaking his head at this and thinking " an a** and a b!tch. You guys are lucky. I was getting tagged as a racist ".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

P.S. To Red and Dez. No offence intended. I couldn't resist .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

P.S. To Red and Dez. No offence intended. I couldn't resist .

Your white hood is showing......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'll end it by saying there was no fight until one of us started it. I had no intention of offending or upsetting anyone as I had no idea repeating something about Pronger (that he,himself said) would cause such a stir.  I apologize to you any anyone else who was offended.

Sections
Shortcuts