PC time to load up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

PC time to load up

I could be wrong but I think this is the year to take a shot. I'm usually cautious and say we should keep the course, but this year is different.

1. Pittsburgh has lost Malkin and maybe Crosby for a long time.
    2. Washington hasn't played well all year and still has no goaltending.
    3. Tampa Bay has no Defence and goaltending is still a question mark.

Philly is probably the team to beat in the east and their beatable because they still lack goaltending.

If PC was to load up with the likes of Kaberle and maybe a guy like Weiss, with the best goalie in the league on our side, THE TIME IS NOW. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: PC time to load up

You had me until you mention Weiss. He has proved nothing. If the B's are going all out I don't want Weiss to be apart of the plans. I also don't want 6 centers sign for the next year +

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Weiss was just a name I threw out there. I don't know maybe a Penner, Arnott or Hejduk or something like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

PC will still be evaluating through the deadline

The only time PC makes a deal is when Burke poke and prods him until he finally relents and actually does something

PC can't make a move on his own, still takes him 20 mins to cross the street

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to PC time to load up:
    I could be wrong but I think this is the year to take a shot. I'm usually cautious and say we should keep the course, but this year is different.   1. Pittsburgh has lost Malkin and maybe Crosby for a long time. 2. Washington hasn't played well all year and still has no goaltending. 3. Tampa Bay has no Defence and goaltending is still a question mark. Philly is probably the team to beat in the east and their beatable because they still lack goaltending. If PC was to load up with the likes of Kaberle and maybe a guy like Weiss, with the best goalie in the league on our side, THE TIME IS NOW. Thoughts?
    Posted by savybergy77

I actually prefer we tread cautiously this year picking up a maximum of Kaberle and Weiss without giving up any of our premien assets.  I feel the time to spend those assets more freely is when the core of Rask, Seguin, Bergie, Kejci, Lucic, Kampfer, and the developing assets reach the pinnacle of there development as a whole.  Assets we spend now are guys who potentially should be playing supporting roles when this cast is ready, or available to acquire the final pieces in the years that these guys are truly Stanley Cup Contenders. I'm not asking the B's to stand pat.  I think you can get Kaberle and Weiss potentially without giving up the Blue Chip prospects and picks.  What I don't want to do is cash in on a guy like Richards now, increase our cap problems and watch him decline while the core rises.  I think that would be counter-productive. I think we can have the best of both worlds this year with guys like Weiss and Kaberle who could be role players with the core going forward at reasonable prices and key contributors in the playoffs this year.  With two guys of this caliber I believe we would go into this years playoffs head and shoulders above where we were last year.  Of course it's possible that we are a better team and Philly has expanded it's advantage at the same time.  That is a chance I would like to take in order to hold those assets for another year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Stephen Weiss hasn't done anything? I would take Weiss no question about that. He is a hard worker. He has scored more than 60 points the previous two seasons on a team with little offensive punch. He is asked to carry the whole load in Florida. He wouldn't have to do that in Boston. He would do quite well here. I wouldn't worry about having too many centers under contract next year. Savard is probably done. Seguin still needs time to develop as a center. Go get Weiss if a reasonable deal is to be had. Don't trade the future for him, but if the price isn't outrageous, go get him

Sections
Shortcuts