PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs

Ups and downs. every team has them, this team was having it, then, perfectly timed, an injury bug came along, therefor prolonging the slump. Happens every year, to every team.
    PC will be held accountable? Fow what, building a rock solid core of players, having 2 of the best goalies in the league for a price some teams pay for one? They'll right the ship. Remember last year about this time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Sorry, but if they had kept Ryder it would have stumped Seguin's development even more. Ryder would "HAVE" to be on the second line with Bergeron and Marchand, which would have made Seguin a 3rd line checking forward.

I miss Ryder but he had to move on for the good of the team and it's development(Cap Hit to at 3.5 next year, I think ).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Chowdah's right Stanley, this is the stuff of fair weather fans. The Bruins are still in first place in their division, in place to host playoff games, and have the battle tested roster that just won a Cup.  Best goalie tandem, best defensmen, etc.  Will they win it again?  Probably not.  The odds are against it, but they look no worse than they did at times last year.  Some posters said the Bruins couldn't win it without Blake Wheeler last year -- boy were they wrong. Chiarelli's steady hand and his long-term plan is all about putting them in a position to make a run, every year, not desperately over-reacting to injuries and flaws.  This 'stay-the-course' stategy is exactly what put them in a position to finally win a Cup last year.  Chiarelli cannot possibly control injuries and terribly weak trade markets -- he can only react to those things.  You don't mortgage the future because a couple guys got injured (who will be back for the playoffs).  If you think there was some great deal to be had at the trade deadline, for some star players that would put the Bruins over the top, you clearly weren't paying attention. Start paying attention. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Exactly right Fletch. I'd be embarrassed to act like that simply because PC didn't trade for the players I coveted. Acting like that is for children.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Do you mean the 6th leading scorer in the league?  He is far from our problem area(s) - one of the few bright spots this year along with Lupal, Gardiner and Bozak.  Coaching is our primary problem, inexperienced goaltending, small forwards, not enough grit and bad FA signings (Komie, Connolly, MacCarther etc) are a few of the problems.  We're hoping they continue to tank, get a good first round pick to supplement what's looking like a pretty good prospect pool and promote Dallas Eakins as coach.  As long as Wilson is here we are going nowhere.....
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]
    LRH, do you think the Leafs can win with Phil in the next 2 years? If not, then he's likely to bolt for somewhere with less pressure. If he's gone and the Bruins are still dressing Seguin, Knight, and Hamilton, then your outlook on Phil won't be as rosy. I don't think he'll re-sign in Toronto. Do you?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Stop it Stanley.  You're getting worse and worse.  You've lost your mind.

agreed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

starting March 5 last year, they went 1-3-3 and most of the pundits here had the dirt already on their graves.

Point being...if it is late April and Horton and Peverly are still out/ineffective, the goaltending is shakey, and they can't score, then I'll be worried.

Yes, they've played lackluster for an extended period but they still have the best goal differential in all of hockey and players that are certainly capable of carrying them back to the promised land.

Repeating is ridiculously hard (making it easy for dopes/trolls to say "I told you so"), but anyone who writes them off now is either a hater or a wicked pessemist. Which is why this is very unlike you, Stanley...eternal optimist you were. Has their success spoiled you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

It is interesting how "facts" can be spun.
    You can scream, as some here have done, that the Bruins are in first place and any true fan would remain calm and confident.
    But there is also the FACT that the B's record in Feb was 5-8.
    I am sadly in Stanley's camp here. I honestly think it is a coin flip, come playoff time, wether we get the Cup champs or the infamous 3-0/3-0 collapse team of the previous season.
    I still and always will say Pete is to in love with his own players. Bergy, Lucic and March, sure. But Seguin is still iffy given his aversion to physical play. And Krecji and Horton just don't produce consistently enough. Peverly, Kelly and Campbell are quality bottom six guys but the rest are uninspiring. On defense there is Chara and.....nada. The rest of the D are average players at best.
    No doubt most of you guys see it differently. Let's talk after the first round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

[QUOTE]I am happy with what PC did.  He didn't rock the boat.  He knows the Bs chances of repeating the Cup are as good as anyone's; let's be reasonable here. There is a big UFA market coming up and 2013 could be a big year. If he assumes Peverley and Horton won't be ready for the playoffs, he'd rock the boat by overpaying for some big time players, gamble a 2nd round exit, and be stuck with some big contracts and the loss of his best prospects. I'd rather be safe than sorry.  The Bs have won 7 regulation games in their last 22 (and I'd argue that 2-3 of those Ws were escape jobs bailed out by our goalies). 
    Posted by ipotnyc[/QUOTE]

To name a few:
    Semin, Smyth, Parise, Doan, Penner, Selanne, Suter, Whitney

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]It is interesting how "facts" can be spun. You can scream, as some here have done, that the Bruins are in first place and any true fan would remain calm and confident. But there is also the FACT that the B's record in Feb was 5-8. I am sadly in Stanley's camp here. I honestly think it is a coin flip, come playoff time, wether we get the Cup champs or the infamous 3-0/3-0 collapse team of the previous season. I still and always will say Pete is to in love with his own players. Bergy, Lucic and March, sure. But Seguin is still iffy given his aversion to physical play. And Krecji and Horton just don't produce consistently enough. Peverly, Kelly and Campbell are quality bottom six guys but the rest are uninspiring. On defense there is Chara and.....nada. The rest of the D are average players at best. No doubt most of you guys see it differently. Let's talk after the first round.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Yeah but pumpsie, this is the classic "hedging" argument that everyone made last year, before they came piling on the championship bandwagon.  It is a fair-weather fan tactic to be the first one in doubt so you can be comforted by your prediction if they lose.

You say it's 50/50 if they'll win another championship?  Guess what, it's much less than that.  They probably won't win 4 playoff series again.

But they're in just as probable a position to do so as they were last year.  Every team is flawed and Chia has done what he can to position this team for a Cup run again.  Just like he did last year.  There were no star players to be had, so he added depth and we're all hopeful that the team can get healthy for the playoffs.

Then...who knows?  Maybe they'll get hot again.  But now is no time to hedge as a fan and just say "nah, they're not good enough".  Tons of people said that last year.  Have some faith.  It's risky to believe and safe to doubt.  Take the risk!  It's more fun that way when they win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Yeah but pumpsie, this is the classic "hedging" argument that everyone made last year, before they came piling on the championship bandwagon.  It is a fair-weather fan tactic to be the first one in doubt so you can be comforted by your prediction if they lose. You say it's 50/50 if they'll win another championship?  Guess what, it's much less than that.  They probably won't win 4 playoff series again. But they're in just as probable a position to do so as they were last year.  Every team is flawed and Chia has done what he can to position this team for a Cup run again.  Just like he did last year.  There were no star players to be had, so he added depth and we're all hopeful that the team can get healthy for the playoffs. Then...who knows?  Maybe they'll get hot again.  But now is no time to hedge as a fan and just say "nah, they're not good enough".  Tons of people said that last year.  Have some faith.  It's risky to believe and safe to doubt.  Take the risk!  It's more fun that way when they win.
    Pumpsie (aka Shaggy) said the exact same things last March. Frankly, I'm surprised he's not too embarrassed to show up here to "enlighten" us again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Pumpsie (aka Shaggy) said the exact same things last March. Frankly, I'm surprised he's not too embarrassed to show up here to "enlighten" us again.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that people took nothing from last year dez.  It's still February and fans are throwing in the towel.  Do these people remember the past 15 years?  

Is this team flawed?  For sure, and being one out of 16 playoff teams is never good odds.  They were flawed last year too.  But there's still plenty to be excited about on the Bruins.  What kind of a fan gives up now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : LRH, do you think the Leafs can win with Phil in the next 2 years? If not, then he's likely to bolt for somewhere with less pressure. If he's gone and the Bruins are still dressing Seguin, Knight, and Hamilton, then your outlook on Phil won't be as rosy. I don't think he'll re-sign in Toronto. Do you?

By all accounts he likes it in Toronto, but honestly I don't really know.  I think it's 50-50.  He doesn't do interviews well (never will) so he tends not to be in the limelight that way, but most fans appear to back him and when he's on, he's electric.  When he's not on, he's invisible.  He is and will always be an offensive player.  His 2-way game is better this year but he'll never be a threat for a Selke award.  He has also demonstrated very good play-making ability which compliments his goal-scoring.  Didn't really see that much in previous years.

He's had a really good year overall and still young on a team that is the youngest in the league.  I think he'll decide  based on how the Leafs compete as a team starting next year and no so much on playing somewhere with less pressure.  No one wants to play for a loser year in and year out - just ask Nash.

2013 is actually a pivotal year for the Leafs as a bunch of bad contracts come off the books with lots of money to spend.  If the team is decent, and the younger players continue to develop they have a chance to do something why key acquisitions via free trade (a number of high profile players will come available then as well)

Money is never a problem in Toronto.  Money well spent is another issue.

Then again, we can add a bunch of new bad contracts and start the nightmare all over again.  Wilson is gone after this year so lets see who comes in (hopefully Dallas Eakins).

Again, I'd love to have the problems the Bruins have compared to what we're experiencing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : It's amazing that people took nothing from last year dez.  It's still February and fans are throwing in the towel.  Do these people remember the past 15 years?   Is this team flawed?  For sure, and being one out of 16 playoff teams is never good odds.  They were flawed last year too.  But there's still plenty to be excited about on the Bruins.  What kind of a fan gives up now?
    Fletch, I watched the Ottawa feed last night and they commented on how hard it must be for Boston to get as motivated as their opponents during this time of year. Boston is unlikely to catch NYR and are still comfortably ahead of Ottawa so the 2nd-3rd seed is almost a given. Both announcers agreed that the Bruins we saw last night will be no match for the Bruins that'll show up to play in the playoffs. It's really sad that most fans don't get that, given what we all witnessed last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : By all accounts he likes it in Toronto, but honestly I don't really know.  I think it's 50-50.  He doesn't do interviews well (never will) so he tends not to be in the limelight that way, but most fans appear to back him and when he's on, he's electric.  When he's not on, he's invisible.  He is and will always be an offensive player.  His 2-way game is better this year but he'll never be a threat for a Selke award.  He has also demonstrated very good play-making ability which compliments his goal-scoring.  Didn't really see that much in previous years. He's had a really good year overall and still young on a team that is the youngest in the league.  I think he'll decide  based on how the Leafs compete as a team starting next year and no so much on playing somewhere with less pressure.  No one wants to play for a loser year in and year out - just ask Nash. 2013 is actually a pivotal year for the Leafs as a bunch of bad contracts come off the books with lots of money to spend.  If the team is decent, and the younger players continue to develop they have a chance to do something why key acquisitions via free trade (a number of high profile players will come available then as well) Money is never a problem in Toronto.  Money well spent is another issue. Then again, we can add a bunch of new bad contracts and start the nightmare all over again.  Wilson is gone after this year so lets see who comes in (hopefully Dallas Eakins). Again, I'd love to have the problems the Bruins have compared to what we're experiencing.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]
    Just to be clear, the Leafs are the Canadian team I cheer for but Burke and Wilson don't make it easy. Good luck as I'd really like to see the Leafs in the playoffs again (especially instead of the Caps).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from catnik. Show catnik's posts

I was so happy PC didn't pick up Nash; he's too smart.  Now we know every team thought the price was too high.  Why this dude thought it made sense to trade the likes of Rask, Hamilton or roster players for impact players is beyond me.  The Bruins will compete for the cup this year, next, the next....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Fletch, I watched the Ottawa feed last night and they commented on how hard it must be for Boston to get as motivated as their opponents during this time of year. Boston is unlikely to catch NYR and are still comfortably ahead of Ottawa so the 2nd-3rd seed is almost a given. Both announcers agreed that the Bruins we saw last night will be no match for the Bruins that'll show up to play in the playoffs. It's really sad that most fans don't get that, given what we all witnessed last year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]I watched the Ottawa feed as well and had to agree with what Dean Brown said as well, Potvin agreed and he should know about getting ready to defend a Stanley Cup.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Stanley calme toi !
    You're not 16 years. You seem to forget what Chiarelli has done .  It's not all about "What have you done for me lately" .
    This summer UFA signing were outrageous, the trade deadline the price to trade was too high and if you did want a top3-6 fwd you had to give one of your top 3-6 fwd . What's the point ??  There were only 3 at most 4 sellers this season.
    Nobody else in the East really improved so why are we going to blame PC ???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The old account Stanley predicted the 2011 Cup for the Bruins after they collapsed vs Philly.  This Stanley is the genuine article but the old account version's faith was unwavering.  I'm not criticizing but there were never any doomsday forecasts.  We know the Bruins will get it sorted and this recent sense of angst will be reduced, eh SCTHB?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Stanley - how can you pull your 2012 prediction (and not 2013?)

If you can be so ballsy as to predict(last year) 3 Cups in a row...you must have had huge faith in PC, CJ, the organization and the players, unconditionally.

To bail now because PC didn't 'break up the band' at the trade deadline is hypocritical to say the least.

I ask that you re-write your sig to the SCTHB we've grown to like.

What happened to your unbridled optimism, Stanley?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Just to be clear, the Leafs are the Canadian team I cheer for but Burke and Wilson don't make it easy. Good luck as I'd really like to see the Leafs in the playoffs again (especially instead of the Caps).

For me, Kessel, Phaneuf and Komiserak have to be off of that team before I could like them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : For me, Kessel, Phaneuf and Komiserak have to be off of that team before I could like them.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    So agree with this post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

[QUOTE]Stanley - how can you pull your 2012 prediction (and not 2013?) If you can be so ballsy as to predict(last year) 3 Cups in a row...you must have had huge faith in PC, CJ, the organization and the players, unconditionally. To bail now because PC didn't 'break up the band' at the trade deadline is hypocritical to say the least. I ask that you re-write your sig to the SCTHB we've grown to like . What happened to your unbridled optimism, Stanley?
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

I am optimist not stupid ...proof is my 2013 Stanley Cup prediction....with 3 regular players in such a bad condition ...and the Rolston trade will only makes things worst ...with only 15 minutes of ice time in 3 games Carter Camper scored a goal ..and now Rolston is taking his ice time...a 40 years old at the end of his carrer to replace Carter Camper a 24 years old with talent ...sorry but this is too much...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)

Sections
Shortcuts