PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs

When you lose 3 regular rosters (Nathan-Pev-Boychuck) and you dont do nothing to improve the team ....you are gambling big time on the return of those 3 players ....I really feel that we should have add an impact player with a smart trade....so sad it didnt happen ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs

Stop it Stanley.  You're getting worse and worse.  You've lost your mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Horton Boychuk & Peverly...

The B's don't have the goods to replace those type of players, at least Horton & Boychuck.  Nash would have meant Hamilton plus plus.  Teams overpaid a ton for marginal players this year.   I hear what you're saying but, how do you replace a 1st line winger, top 4 d-man, and another strong winger with the ability to play on any line without selling the farm?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

You also don't jeopardize the future of your franchise by trading key prospects and players. To get something good they would have had to part ways with Rask or Hamilton....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : He's saying they should have sold the farm.  And I agree with that.  But at the end of the day, i feel pretty good about what they did.  This could be what is right for the team, and be better than Nash or any other move.  I hope that was their logic.  And not "thinking longterm".  Unless they view Rask and Hamilton as future Stanley Cup winners.  Then I agree.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

There just weren't very many options out there.  The Jackets wanted Couture plus for Nash.  Look what the Casucks paid for a top 4 dman. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

How's about you give this stuff a rest??? Don't you tire of negativity?
    PLEASE??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Stop it Stanley.  You're getting worse and worse.  You've lost your mind.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I've always been positive about our team ...always been confident ...yes I will stop posting on this but just remember my comments ...Bruins will not win more than 1 round in the playoffs...Rask will never become the no.1 that we wish ..(PC should have made a trade including Rask and maybe Krejci) .......Bruins will get back to 100% by Oct 2012 with Dougie Hamilton and one or two trades during the summer....(And despite my comments I am still the no.1 Bruins fan in Canada and I will be at the TD Garden on March 10th )

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : I've always been positive about our team ...always been confident ...yes I will stop posting on this but just remember my comments ...Bruins will not win more than 1 round in the playoffs...Rask will never become the no.1 that we wish ..(PC should have made a trade including Rask and maybe Krejci) .......Bruins will get back to 100% by Oct 2012 with Dougie Hamilton and one or two trades during the summer....(And despite my comments I am still the no.1 Bruins fan in Canada and I will be at the TD Garden on March 10th ) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)  
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012[/QUOTE]
    Such a cry baby you are. Nash is not worth what the B's would have to give up. And really the only other fwd worth picking up would have been Whitney, that would not have broken the bank. PC did what was right for the team. We just have to hope everyone comes back before the playoffs, which I suspect Boychuk and Pevs will do. Horton is the question mark. And if the B's dont get through the first round OH WELL. Still have a great team next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : I've always been positive about our team ...always been confident ...yes I will stop posting on this but just remember my comments ...Bruins will not win more than 1 round in the playoffs...Rask will never become the no.1 that we wish ..(PC should have made a trade including Rask and maybe Krejci) .......Bruins will get back to 100% by Oct 2012 with Dougie Hamilton and one or two trades during the summer....(And despite my comments I am still the no.1 Bruins fan in Canada and I will be at the TD Garden on March 10th ) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)  

Something happened to you since losing your original id.

If you are Stanley in his right mind, you should be able to answer this quiz?

1) When you were a kid, some Bruins were traded and you cried yourself to sleep, who were they?

2) Another Bruin was traded last year and you did not tell us that you cried yourself to sleep, but we know you did, who was that Bruin?

I think you should write the Globe and get that original id back and Stanley will get his groove back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why anyone is taking stanley's predictions seriously i don't know. he's never been correct about anything. if he predicted the bruins to win in 2011, so did every other fan that wears the rose colored glasses-if the bruins make the playoffs in any season, i'll predict(hope) them to win. something does seem off with the most recent stanley though. it's like he's stanley's evil twin. creepy. so to you evil stanley... look into your crystal ball, and tell me how you still predict the bruins to win in 2013, when you can't predict what the outcome of thursdays game will be? you've gone from silly to cute to insane- because i think you actually BELIEVE what you write.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Your sig line suggests otherwise. Reading your posts is like being on a roller coaster. Up and down . Up and down .BOOOOOOOOOOO ! I'm not endorsing you any more as the next GM until you get back on your meds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Chowdah's right Stanley, this is the stuff of fair weather fans.

The Bruins are still in first place in their division, in place to host playoff games, and have the battle tested roster that just won a Cup.  Best goalie tandem, best defensmen, etc.  Will they win it again?  Probably not.  The odds are against it, but they look no worse than they did at times last year.  Some posters said the Bruins couldn't win it without Blake Wheeler last year -- boy were they wrong.

Chiarelli's steady hand and his long-term plan is all about putting them in a position to make a run, every year, not desperately over-reacting to injuries and flaws.  This 'stay-the-course' stategy is exactly what put them in a position to finally win a Cup last year.  Chiarelli cannot possibly control injuries and terribly weak trade markets -- he can only react to those things.  You don't mortgage the future because a couple guys got injured (who will be back for the playoffs).  If you think there was some great deal to be had at the trade deadline, for some star players that would put the Bruins over the top, you clearly weren't paying attention.

Start paying attention. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

If only we had your problems here in Leafland................Frown

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]why anyone is taking stanley's predictions seriously i don't know. he's never been correct about anything. if he predicted the bruins to win in 2011, so did every other fan that wears the rose colored glasses-if the bruins make the playoffs in any season, i'll predict(hope) them to win. something does seem off with the most recent stanley though. it's like he's stanley's evil twin. creepy. so to you evil stanley... look into your crystal ball, and tell me how you still predict the bruins to win in 2013, when you can't predict what the outcome of thursdays game will be? you've gone from silly to cute to insane- because i think you actually BELIEVE what you write.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

gotta disagree adk...hate to criticise, but his posts been full blown insane from day 1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Horton Boychuk & Peverly... The B's don't have the goods to replace those type of players, at least Horton & Boychuck.  Nash would have meant Hamilton plus plus.  Teams overpaid a ton for marginal players this year.   I hear what you're saying but, how do you replace a 1st line winger, top 4 d-man, and another strong winger with the ability to play on any line without selling the farm?  
    Posted by LoveTheBruins[/QUOTE]

you don't.  good job pc

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

Management did a terrific job in getting the players that they did  by giving up what they did on Monday.  They got 2 very capable defencemen and a veteran winger who can also play center and play the point on the power play. From what they gave up  they got 3 tangible assets for the playoffs.  AND THEY DID NOT MORTGAGE THEIR FUTURE WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.  They still have their number one draft pick for this year.Management has no control whatsoever over injuries and in reacting to the 3 injuries at hand they did a great job. Its now up to the players at hand to do their jobs for 60 minutes a game,and that is every game from now on for the rest of the season. It would have been nice to get another winger but  one cannot have everything in life that one wants to have. IT is the players who will be held accountable for what happens the rest of the way in the march to the cup.Management has given them all possible help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I agree with what all threader are saying. I to was hoping for an impact player to help the team. The factors affecting deals this year the cost to trade this deadline and the possibility that the cap space will decrease next season. PC did what he said he traded for reinforcements w/o losing roster players or top prospects. Could be worst SCTB your not a Mtl or Toronto fan.  All the T.O fans at work are more bitter then this Bruins fan and For the Hab nots well nothing to explain here. I am just going to call the " Roy Curse."

The Bruins will be ready for the playoffs. PC knows more about the shape of Boys Hort and Pev then we do. I am taking a hunch that these three players will ready at the end of March just in time for a playoff tune up.

Take a look at the team roster then:

Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Rolly/Pooohalot Kelly Peverly
    Caron/ Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Boychuk Sieds
    Corvo Zanon Mottau
    Ference McQuaid

Thomas and Rask

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]If only we had your problems here in Leafland................
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

You do.  We traded him to you for two firsts and a second.  You had more of our problems but you let them walk or keep them buried in the minors.  But I love that attitude! Hopefully we can send you more of our problems.  Actually, that's what Stanley should have posted - Bruins should have dealt Pouliot and Corvo to the Leafs for Schenn or Gardiner!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Troll OP at it again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Are you saying we didn't have the trading pieces for David Jones or at worst Sami Phalson? We could have gotten some 3rd line scoring for sure. But for some reason PC traded for Father Time (Rolston) when he could have picked him up for FREE last week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Something happened to you since losing your original id. If you are Stanley in his right mind, you should be able to answer this quiz? 1) When you were a kid, some Bruins were traded and you cried yourself to sleep, who were they? 2) Another Bruin was traded last year and you did not tell us that you cried yourself to sleep, but we know you did, who was that Bruin? I think you should write the Globe and get that original id back and Stanley will get his groove back.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Here are the answers : 1 ...Esposito and Vadnais
                                     2....Blake Wheeler
                                     3...I will try to get my old account back

All I am saying is I hated the fact that PC got Rollston...the guy is taking all the ice time Carter Camper should have got ...(Camper only played a total of 16 minutes in 3 games and scored a goal) ....lets see if Rollston will score a goal in the next 5 games....I want this team to win so badly but I dont believe that Horton , Pev and Boychuk will be back on time for the playoffs and at 100% 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

[QUOTE]why anyone is taking stanley's predictions seriously i don't know. he's never been correct about anything. if he predicted the bruins to win in 2011, so did every other fan that wears the rose colored glasses-if the bruins make the playoffs in any season, i'll predict(hope) them to win. something does seem off with the most recent stanley though. it's like he's stanley's evil twin. creepy. so to you evil stanley... look into your crystal ball, and tell me how you still predict the bruins to win in 2013, when you can't predict what the outcome of thursdays game will be? you've gone from silly to cute to insane- because i think you actually BELIEVE what you write.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Thursday night score will be B's 3 Devils 1
    B's will win the Cup in 2013 ...because we will have Dougie Hamilton in the line up and because PC will make a big trade this summer..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Chowdah's right Stanley, this is the stuff of fair weather fans. The Bruins are still in first place in their division, in place to host playoff games, and have the battle tested roster that just won a Cup.  Best goalie tandem, best defensmen, etc.  Will they win it again?  Probably not.  The odds are against it, but they look no worse than they did at times last year.  . 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

This is a great point.  I've been vocal lately about how bad the B's look and how their offense is weak, but the fact remains that the B's right now look no worse than they did at selected times last season. And, they didn't have the excuse/reason of losing critical pieces like Horton/Peverly (Boychuk has only been one game) last year, either.

Anyone remember the first 2 games against Montreal last playoffs?  I didn't think that team could win a playoff series, either.

I still think their offense is highly suspect and I was not the least bit impressed by the fixes PC brought in, but I agree that the market made real player buys impossible.  You can't completely mortgage the future. Trading Rask as a centerpiece for Nash would have been a fine idea, but not if they want Hamilton and an NHL roster player too... forget it.

Plus, the Bruins won some important "capital" (to steal a George Bush term) when they won the Cup last year.  They don't need to empty the farm to try to desperately "win now", especially in a postseason that may feature a weakened Horton.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Does anyone else think it's going to take two years, maybe three, for Hamilton to have an impact? Seguin was a talented junior, but he's still on a learning curve, although it's not as steep as last year. And defense is the hardest position to learn to play when playing against men, not boys, in the NHL. Look how Claude handled Seguin last year. Is there anything to make us believe he'll simply turn Hamilton loose?

As for the Bruins being contenders year after year (like Detroit), in a couple of years we're going to see if Rask can carry the No. 1 goalie load, if Chara can continue to play younger than his years, and if Chiarelli drafts better than he has been. I hope all of this pessimism turns out to be misplaced, but I'm simply trying to be realistic.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : You do.  We traded him to you for two firsts and a second.  You had more of our problems but you let them walk or keep them buried in the minors.  But I love that attitude! Hopefully we can send you more of our problems.  Actually, that's what Stanley should have posted - Bruins should have dealt Pouliot and Corvo to the Leafs for Schenn or Gardiner!
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Do you mean the 6th leading scorer in the league?  He is far from our problem area(s) - one of the few bright spots this year along with Lupal, Gardiner and Bozak.  Coaching is our primary problem, inexperienced goaltending, small forwards, not enough grit and bad FA signings (Komie, Connolly, MacCarther etc) are a few of the problems. 

We're hoping they continue to tank, get a good first round pick to supplement what's looking like a pretty good prospect pool and promote Dallas Eakins as coach.  As long as Wilson is here we are going nowhere.....

Sections
Shortcuts