PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs

In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : I am optimist not stupid ...proof is my 2013 Stanley Cup prediction....with 3 regular players in such a bad condition ...and the Rolston trade will only makes things worst ...with only 15 minutes of ice time in 3 games Carter Camper scored a goal ..and now Rolston is taking his ice time...a 40 years old at the end of his carrer to replace Carter Camper a 24 years old with talent ...sorry but this is too much... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012[/QUOTE]
    Stanley, you didn't seem to have a problem with the Bruins keeping Recchi last year. I would venture to say that Rolston is faster than Rex was last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboman88. Show zamboman88's posts

So glad he didn't go "Nuts for Nash".  I would much rather he sign Parise and Weber in off season much like the Savard and Chara signings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboman88. Show zamboman88's posts

Also, "the Greatest Hockey Fan In Canada" would never write his team off in Feb.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : For me, Kessel, Phaneuf and Komiserak have to be off of that team before I could like them.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Add Colby Armstrong , Wilson and Burke to the list for me and even then surrounded by Leaf fans I still could not do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : I am optimist not stupid ...proof is my 2013 Stanley Cup prediction....with 3 regular players in such a bad condition ...and the Rolston trade will only makes things worst ...with only 15 minutes of ice time in 3 games Carter Camper scored a goal ..and now Rolston is taking his ice time...a 40 years old at the end of his carrer to replace Carter Camper a 24 years old with talent ...sorry but this is too much... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)

A good topic for another thread .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

[QUOTE]Also, "the Greatest Hockey Fan In Canada" would never write his team off in Feb.
    Posted by zamboman88[/QUOTE]

Calling me the greatest hockey fan is ok but I am the greatest BRUINS fan in Canada,,,,,,,,,hey zamboman88 .....I would love to be wrong this time but ..I doubt it ......but 100% we will win the Cup in 2013 with the addition of Hamilton .the improvment of Seguin and with a few off season trades ...someone suggested Parise and Weber ...I would be thrilled wth those 2 ......

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Calling me the greatest hockey fan is ok but I am the greatest BRUINS fan in Canada,,,,,,,,,hey zamboman88 .....I would love to be wrong this time but ..I doubt it ......but 100% we will win the Cup in 2013 with the addition of Hamilton .the improvment of Seguin and with a few off season trades ...someone suggested Parise and Weber ...I would be thrilled wth those 2 ...... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)

More predictions ? Look outside your front window. Milkzor is standing there with a rock.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

the only thing more incredible than Stanley's misunderstanding of pro hockey, the Boston Bruins, and reality in general... is the fact that some consider his blither a good example of loyalty, optimism,and positive thinking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Pumpsie (aka Shaggy) said the exact same things last March. Frankly, I'm surprised he's not too embarrassed to show up here to "enlighten" us again.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Who the hell is Shaggy???
    Look, I am a diehard B's fan. I am also a lifelong Democrat, but I don't think Obama has done a good job. I am a diehard U2 fan but thought their last album sucked.
    Being a fan does not mean always having to say only positive things. It seems that on this board anytime someone posts a concern or a criticism they are immediately labeled a troll or a fair weather fan or worse.
    On occasion, especially when they are playing bad like they are now, I feel compelled to voice my opinion that the talent level is overrated - that three of our top six forwards (Seguin, Krecji and Horton) are to inconsistent and that our defense beyond Chara is mediocre.
    That perspective does not mean I don't love the B's or root for them as hard as any of you. It just means that in my humble opinion they have glaring weaknesses.
    As this relates to Stanley's original post, I do think Pete C. could have significantly upgraded the team if he was willing to take risks. Basically the risks boil down to trading "iffys" for sure things. I think it is possible the Kings would have taken Seguin, Caron and a 1st for Getzlaf. Seguin remains a work in progress and his aversion to physical play has me greatly concerned. Caron is far from a sure thing. I also think Columbus would have taken Rask and Krecji for Nash. Rask remains a projection, certainly talented but still hasn't shown consistent game changing ability. And yes, I would have traded Hamilton for Suter provided Suter signed. Another sure thing for a maybe.
    Really, tell me you wouldn't like to go into the playoffs with a top line of Nash, Getzlaf and Lucic and have Suter heading up the second pair defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

"Really, tell me you wouldn't like to go into the playoffs with a top line of Nash, Getzlaf and Lucic and have Suter heading up the second pair defense."

This isn't EA Sports NHL 12. NSH wants Suter they are my cup favorites they wouldn't trade him. Getz is the DUCKS not KINGS captain and they are pushing hard in dramatic fashion to make the post season and absolutely would not move Getz.

Just because people have manlove crushes on players doesnt mean those deals were actually there to be made.

Gaustad got a 1st A 1st!!!! How much do you think Getzlaf would cost jeez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ha ha...that's hilarious!  The B's should have Getzlaf, Nash and Suter!  That's as funny as anything I've seen here.  It would be those three and then the entire Providence squad, since it would take the rest of the Bruins roster to get those guys.

As ILH says above, Gaustad went for a 1st rounder.  Gaustad!

Chiarelli should have just gone to the all-star game and signed everyone.  Why not?

Too many video games for you.  Like I said, if you think there was an opportunity to significantly upgrade the team at the trade deadline, you weren't paying attention.  It has nothing to do with being a good fan or not -- for opinions to get any traction around here they have to be grounded in at least some realm of reality.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Buffalo fleeced Vancouver on that trade.Cody Hodgsen will be a very good player in the league, there are plenty of players like Zack Kassian that never pan out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...and Malkin, let's not forget they should get Malkin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soo-Ontario. Show Soo-Ontario's posts

In Response to PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs:

Shut up you fool..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Who the hell is Shaggy??? Look, I am a diehard B's fan.

Pete C's smoke and mirrors

posted at 2/22/2011 5:31 PM EST

First: 7/18/2009
    Last: 3/1/2012
    You've all been fooled. Pete added a defensively challenged defenseman and two third line players.
    the B's top two lines continue to have as wings the ever underachieving Horton, the ancient Recchi and the rookie Marchaud. If you can convince yourself that is good enough to win playoff games then more power to ya.
    If the B's go one and done, hopefully Pete C. will be too. The Bruins are just not that talented a team. Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot.

Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors

posted at 2/22/2011 5:39 PM EST

First: 1/3/2010
    Last: 3/1/2012
    In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors:
    You've all been fooled. Pete added a defensively challenged defenseman and two third line players. the B's top two lines continue to have as wings the ever underachieving Horton, the ancient Recchi and the rookie Marchaud. If you can convince yourself that is good enough to win playoff games then more power to ya. If the B's go one and done, hopefully Pete C. will be too. The Bruins are just not that talented a team. Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot.
    Posted by pumpsiefan

What case are you and Scooby solving next?
    Brad Marchand.........I love the little weasel!

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"
    -Gerry Dee

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Beautiful dez.  Hilarious.

pumpie?  comment...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Beautiful dez.  Hilarious. pumpie?  comment...?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Interesting he'd try to enlighten 2 years in a row. This year he jazzed it up by suggesting they get Getzlaf from the Kings. That really would've been tough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

of course it is fantasy speculation you nimrods. what fun is it to contemplate trades involving Paille or Ferrence or such. You sanctimonious smart azzes act like it is impossible for a great player to be traded. Wasn't Gretzky traded. Sure, the Kings could ask for the whole barn for Getzlaf, but they are not going to get it. Same with the Bluejackets. I still say the B's could have put some attractive packages together and kept the core - Lucic, Bergy, Chara and Thomas. Pete opted not to. And obviously he knows hockey a thousand times more than I do. So I will root for my team and hope that Pete was right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

feels like you are a bit of a stalker there Dez, going back years to find my old posts.
     Why do you seem so threatened when someone has a different opinion than you. I love that the B's won the Cup, it had me in tears. But I never changed my opinion that the talent level was overrated. Even after tonight, I doubt I will ever be a Krecji or Horton fan, and I  have serious doubts about Seguin. And as I've said, the entire D after Chara. So sue me'
    The B's won the Cup with great depth play, hitting their stride at the right time and stellar goaltending. Hopefully it will happen again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC will be held accountable for this year's early exit from the playoffs : Interesting he'd try to enlighten 2 years in a row. This year he jazzed it up by suggesting they get Getzlaf from the Kings. That really would've been tough.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Funny dez and you got him to pop a blood vessel replying to you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"You sanctimonious smart azzes act like it is impossible for a great player to be traded. Wasn't Gretzky traded. Sure, the Kings could ask for the whole barn for Getzlaf, but they are not going to get it."

I don't know pumpie, I watched a Kings game the other night and Getzlaf was invisible.  It was almost like he wasn't even on that team...

Sections
Shortcuts