PC's Deadline Moves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

PC's Deadline Moves

Are we really a better team with these guys? I'd happily give back kaberle who is soft defensively and has done squat for us offensively for a tough solid d-man like Stuart at this point. Kellys only highlight is not being on a blooper highlight reel and even though Wheeler was somewhat dissapointing at least he put a few points on the board and was young and had some potential. Peverly has shown signs of life, he is the only one I would not show the door after the embarrasment so far, but in underacheiving as well.

Speaking of underacheiving, I was on the fence with CJ, I'm not too sure if any coaches have been fired halfway through a series but he deserves to be canned asap.

...and for the first time I am doubting PC's abilities. He is no longer making us a better team. Hindsight being 20/20 he made us a worse team at the deadline. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

Re: PC's Deadline Moves

I always thought it was odd that the bruins felt their biggest need was a "puck moving defenseman".  Who are they moving the puck to????  Also, playoff hockey is about grit and toughness.  Kaberle is as soft as they come.

B's need to come out hitting and show some emotion in game 3 as we have seen them do on a couple occasions or this will be an early exit.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to PC's Deadline Moves:
    [QUOTE]Are we really a better team with these guys? I'd happily give back kaberle who is soft defensively and has done squat for us offensively for a tough solid d-man like Stuart at this point. Kellys only highlight is not being on a blooper highlight reel and even though Wheeler was somewhat dissapointing at least he put a few points on the board and was young and had some potential. Peverly has shown signs of life, he is the only one I would not show the door after the embarrasment so far, but in underacheiving as well. Speaking of underacheiving, I was on the fence with CJ, I'm not too sure if any coaches have been fired halfway through a series but he deserves to be canned asap. ...and for the first time I am doubting PC's abilities. He is no longer making us a better team. Hindsight being 20/20 he made us a worse team at the deadline. 
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]
    Deadline moves were all garbage been saying that all along,wouldn't bring any of them back,which means the Gm has to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I'd axe Clode and give pc one more year.  I do think we have a good team and imagine we had a healthy Savard.  Right now and other parts of the year they have seemed lost and this is because of coaching.  Kaeberle is making some very nice passes and the forwards are not doing anything with them.  However he looks so slow and Kelly is plain invisible offensively.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The only good aquisition is Peverly.  Kaberle is one of the worst trade in history!!  Not only he is not producing anything offensively but he is also so soft in his own end.  He played too long for Toronto he has 0 compete level!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll defend PC. 

Kelly and Peverly's numbers have trailed off TOO much, even for CJ's system.

I don't see Kaberle integrated into the system yet at all.  Is anyone evaluating his game at all?  He seems like he's been just thrown in there and his integration is just going way too slow.

It's obvious to everyone including the Celtics fan peanut vendor that he should be shooting more, despite not having a good shot.  And that's just the most obvious.  He's got good stickhandling skills, one valid option would be for him to dangle more on the PP and otherwise, draw players to him - THEN dish it off.

He is still in Maple Leafs mode, the puck is a hot potato where possesion is more important than the risk of opportunity.

So PC's deadline moves?  I don't think you can fairly evaluate them given that they have been utterly wasted so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kelly is a great third line forward.  The third line is supposed to be a shutdown line, not a scoring line.  The players on the third line are supposed to earn a lot less, allowing for more expensive players (re:  goal scorers) on the first two.  Because of how this team is put together, the third line is Sybil, and the fourth line is nothing more than a run-around line.

The B's have too many centers.  Krejci - first line.  Bergeron - second line.  Campbell - third line.  Seguin?  Peverley?  Kelly?  It's ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I don't know nas, I would like to see Wheeler instead of Kelly in that 3rd line center. No one expects the 3rd line to be a power house offensively but nothing, nada, zip, the guy is invisible.

You love the stats and research, does he even have 1 assist since coming to Boston?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: PC's Deadline Moves:
    [QUOTE]I don't know nas, I would like to see Wheeler instead of Kelly in that 3rd line center. No one expects the 3rd line to be a power house offensively but nothing, nada, zip, the guy is invisible. You love the stats and research, does he even have 1 assist since coming to Boston?
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Kelly isn't in the NHL for his scoring, so how many points he has is irrelevant.  The third line SHOULD be used to stop the other team's best line.  That's why they are (were) called "third line checkers" and the third line is the "checking line".  Not here, however.

It should be:

First line:  Elite scoring
    Second line:  Secondary scoring
    Third line:  Checking
    Fourth line:  Used sparingly when the first three lines are all gassed.

It is:

First line:  Above average scoring
    Second line:  average scoring
    Third line: below average scoring
    Fourth line:  Dispatched early and often

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Not-A-Shot you are right that the third line is a bunch of checkers but when the fourth line is out chancing you and when you play against the other team's worst players it would be nice to bang in a greasy goal every so often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I get the format, but serious cup contenders have depth and the 3rd and 4th lines chip in for goals, we had more of that before kelly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Not-A-Shot you are right that the third line is a bunch of checkers but when the fourth line is out chancing you and when you play against the other team's worst players it would be nice to bang in a greasy goal every so often.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

In this series, the fourth line has done absolutely nothing but waste valuable ice time that could have been given to someone who might put the puck in the net.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC's Deadline Moves : In this series, the fourth line has done absolutely nothing but waste valuable ice time that could have been given to someone who might put the puck in the net.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Absolutely false.  1st line: 0-0-0 in 2 games.  Krejci: 20:29 TOI; Lucic: 20:14 TOI; Horton: 17:36 TOI.  They've had their chances, they just haven't capitalized on them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

NAs, you're right about 3rd line, problem is, Bergerons line is used as checking line 1 versus top lines and Kelly's line is used as checking line 2, leaving us with a brutal offense.  Kelly makes way too much money for what he brings, we wasted a 2nd round pick and over $2mill per of cap space on a clone of most of your forwards.  How about someone who can score instead of "2way, responsible in his own zone, good PK guy" type of forward?

This is how Chia wanted to setup the team, it's what he's getting now in the playoffs.  He wanted to keep Claude, extend him, give him more chances, and we now have a replay of the past 3 seasons because PC's terrible coaching decisions.  Horton was his big sniper acquisition, as was ryder before him,  Horton is a good 2nd line guy.  Terrrible contract after terrible contract (Seidenberg, Boychuck, Weidman, Ryder, taking on Kelly, Ferrence, etc etc).  Not one of PC's draft picks in the NHL right now, worst of any franchise during PC's tenure.  One awful coaching hire in Lewis, one extended contract too early and holding onto the second coach far too long (who survives that horrific of a playoff collapse and 10 game losing streak in the same season?).  Trading Versteeg and Boyes for a bag of pucks, those guys would sure help our scoring deficiency! 

So his coaching choices are spotty, his trade history is spotty, his drafting hasn't produced (and he's had more picks than most), he has never signed a team friendly contract and overpaid and for too many years on almost every signing he's made in his tenure here.  He knows how to put together a roster to make the playoffs and bow out early, if that's good enough for you, bring him back.

So why do we keep this guy too?  Is it just because he has a burning desire to make it out of the second round?  Or because Toronto stunk worse than most expected (admittedly including PC) and we got Seguin?  Or is it because Mike O'Connel drafted Lucic, Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci? 

**Full disclosure, good signings of Chara and Savvy in his first year, and Kessel trade are the 3 things he deserves credit for.  Otherwise, he just churns deck chairs, trading his bad contracts for others.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think what happened to the B's is that they were so fixated on fixing the power play that they forgot the team was actually better at 5-on-5. Maybe they lost some of their heart when Stuart was traded, I certainly thought he was one of the team's best defensive d-men prior to him getting hurt, then being cast aside in bizarre healthy scratches.

No question that Kaberle, Peverly, Kelly have been total disappointments. This is what happens when you deal for guys on lousy teams. Maybe those teams are lousy, non-playoff squads because of these type of players? Just throwing that out there because certainly as bad as Wheeler can be, he at least showed some heart and at times did score the occasional goal.

Not having Chara did not help matters in game 2. He is a game-changer on a team that lacks scoring. He has to be out there to rush the O zone, and throw muscle inside the B's zone. He also has the shot that can be tipped in or redirected. I would like to say that Chiarelli needs to be held accountable. Everyone hates CJ or jumps on CJ, but let's face it. Peter has done a terrible job of remaking the squad. It didn't work, and Kelly would be a healthy scratch on many playoff teams right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC's Deadline Moves : In this series, the fourth line has done absolutely nothing but waste valuable ice time that could have been given to someone who might put the puck in the net.

Very true, but the same can be said about the other 3 lines!

I wonder if Detroit will let us borrow one of their lines, they don't need all four...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

But the Kelly line is going to bring that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's easy to say "all the trades were terrible" but if the series were 1-1 there wouldn't be so much discussion. There are some hockey fans whom will always, always rate 3rd line or 4th line players on their goal production it's laughable.

I hang Julien on Chiarelli no excuses on that one plus he listened too Claude on evaluation of whom he wanted brought in Peverley and Kelly but their contracts are moveable as are Boychuk's and Ference's. Julien can't make in game adjustments on Martin that is also on Chiarelli.

I'm still not giving up on this series nor PC just yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC's Deadline Moves : But the Kelly line is going to bring that?
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Of course, Chris Kelly is the next coming of Mario Lemieux.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]It's easy to say "all the trades were terrible" but if the series were 1-1 there wouldn't be so much discussion. There are some hockey fans whom will always, always rate 3rd line or 4th line players on their goal production it's laughable. I hang Julien on Chiarelli no excuses on that one plus he listened too Claude on evaluation of whom he wanted brought in Peverley and Kelly but their contracts are moveable as are Boychuk's and Ference's. Julien can't make in game adjustments on Martin that is also on Chiarelli. I'm still not giving up on this series nor PC just yet.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I judge the 3rd and 4th liners based on the fact that we have a second line who looks much more like a 3rd line than a 2nd line, and we have a 1st line that's really a 2nd line.  Who's to blame for that?  Nobody?  Or does PC shelling out tons of money on the same type of guys upfront and 3rd/4th defenseman as to not have any money to sign a real first line forward or a legit #2 dman?  Is that nobody's fault, or just not a problem in your eyes?

I know I didn't say all the trades were terrible, so you must not be referencing me there, but most of PC's trades have been, save the Kessel deal and Horton.  Problem with Horton deal, he signed Weidman to a brutal contract after a terrible trade, which leads to having to dump a mid first rounder to shed the mistake of trading weidman for boyes and then giving W $4M plus per.  If we had that #15 pick last year it could have potentially turned into a guy like Fowler! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

why do I hear I hear so much praise for what cam has brought to this team when they are winning but when they arer losing it's because of players chia brought in??? Listening to wfan last week, callers were saying how much better the team is since Cam got promoted and started getting tougher "neely" type players but now that they are dowwn 0-2, the problem is the players Chia picked up at the deadline.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fowler went 12th, and no one after him has played in the NHL yet.  It'll be years before this will be valid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: PC's Deadline Moves:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC's Deadline Moves :  Or does PC shelling out tons of money on the same type of guys upfront and 3rd/4th defenseman as to not have any money to sign a real first line forward or a legit #2 dman?  Is that nobody's fault, or just not a problem in your eyes?

but most of PC's trades have been, save the Kessel deal and Horton.  Problem with Horton deal, he signed Weidman to a brutal contract after a terrible trade, which leads to having to dump a mid first rounder to shed the mistake of trading weidman for boyes and then giving W $4M plus per.  If we had that #15 pick last year it could have potentially turned into a guy like Fowler! 
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

How many goals has Brad Boyes scored in the last two years at $4Mil ? How much did he help the Blues in the playoffs in that same time frame ?

Who was the Bruins point leader in the playoffs last year ? Why did McPhee trade for Wideman ? Who helped bring in Horton and Campbell ? Wideman...

How much is too much for a 3rd and 4th liner ? Campbell $1.1Mil, Kelley 2.2Mil, Paille 1.1Mil, Thornton $812,500, Peverley 1.3Mil is too much money ? None of those contracts are more than 2 years What are you talking about ? How those 3rd n 4th liners overpaid ?

Where is Florida's #1 that they got from the Wideman/Horton Trade ? Florida traded the pick to LA who then picked David Forbert US developmental team...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC's Deadline Moves : How many goals has Brad Boyes scored in the last two years at $4Mil ? How much did he help the Blues in the playoffs in that same time frame ? Who was the Bruins point leader in the playoffs last year ? Why did McPhee trade for Wideman ? Who helped bring in Horton and Campbell ? Wideman... How much is too much for a 3rd and 4th liner ? Campbell $1.1Mil, Kelley 2.2Mil, Paille 1.1Mil, Thornton $812,500, Peverley 1.3Mil is too much money ? None of those contracts are more than 2 years What are you talking about ? How those 3rd n 4th liners overpaid ? Where is Florida's #1 that they got from the Wideman/Horton Trade ? Florida traded the pick to LA who then picked David Forbert US developmental team...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Now that is a way to answer!  Time to ride the team no matter what has happened.  Hockey fortunes are not cast in two games despite the deficiences.  So I am a believer still.  Now if it comes to pass the Bs are eliminated then the coach not the gm is questioned.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Isla PC has some answers as well he would not be off the hook he listened to Julien then brought in Kelley n Peverley plus shipped out Stuart so not totally off the hook.

Sections
Shortcuts