Penalty shot????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Penalty shot????

I was at the game last night and this happened right in front of me ...I have been a referee for over 30 years and to me there was not even a penalty on the play ..why does the referee called a penalty shot ????  The crowd made the call ....look at the replay ! ! ! Only in Montreal ....I think the Bruins played better than the habs other than the penalty shot goal , 2 goals from the habes were clearly deflected on a B's player, the one on Ferrence and the other one on McQuaid (I think) ....habs were lucky to get the win last night ,,B's looked much better but the habs got the 2 points .....unfair

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Penalty shot????

The second one was off of Seids. He has the ugliest skates in the game with those f*cking circles on them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

terrible call,everyone knows it. it seems if someone doesnt score on a breakaway the refs are dying to call a penalty. That penalty to campbell was a joke too. those 2 calls led to 2 goals that really hurt, especially the one at the end of the first. Wheeler's goal was pretty lucky too you have to admitt. the refs were awful the last couple games and i think it cost the B's at least 2pts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

You must have drank your dinner (and gone back for seconds or thirds) before going to the game last night.

The Bruins played much better than the Habs? At times...but only the skill of Tim Thomas allowed them to still be in the game after 20 minutes. Blaming the penalty shot is hilariously weak: the Habs KILLED the Bruins in period 1. It wasn't the penalty shot that led to that.

"Only in Montreal"? Remind me again who got the last 3 power plays of the game? How many power plays did Montreal have in the last 2 periods? Yeah...the refs really took it to Boston last night.

"Unfair" is the call of the whiner. But hey, what does it matter...the Bruins will still win the Stanley Cup in 2011, 2012, and 2013 (just like they did in 2009 and 2010), right?

Keep living the dream....or living in dreamland. Whichever.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

absolutly right kennedy... and maybe in 2014 too :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

Someone should shoot that "Kennedy97" too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Kennedy ...you really sound like a typical habs fan ...I was at the game last night section 121 row R , very good view and let me tell you I didnt hear any Ole Ole Ole last night ...the Mtl crowd was really nervous and knew they got lucky with that stupid call (penalty shot) to be ahead in the 3rd ...but guess what ??  I am praying every night so we can play Mtl in the playoffs and beat you in 4 like we did 2 years ago ..remember ????   LOSER ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

borderline but leaning towards a hooking pen,and not a PS .SEEN PLAYERS WAY MORE IN THE CLEAR THAN THAT ,WITH A NO GO ON THE PS ,,WOW

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought the call for the PK was a bit generous, but that is what they are doing these days, especially in front of home crowds.  People love the penalty shots. 

And the Bruins did not outplay the Habs.  Not only did Montreal have more possession, more chances, and much easier rushes up the ice, they also beat the Bruins physically, which is what really burns me.  I expected their game plan to be better, but the way the Bruins are built, you expect more physically.  It is time to expose how soft and finessey this Habs team is.  If they are afraid to fight, then you've got to put it to them on the boards, in the crease, and everywhere else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

PS or not PS?

Watching the Leafs in Calgary last night, one of the Leafs Dmen 'hindered' Matt Stajan on a eerily similar play as the Cammalleri break...result = hooking penalty.

Why such a lack of consistency with the refs in this league?!?!!!!

...or would that same ref have called a penalty shot if he was in Montreal?
    It seems like the crowd helped that one along a little.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In the new NHL, they don't call icing or diving and call the PS if there is any question. While some here might watch hockey religously, not much of the US does and it makes it more exciting.

Everytime the opposing team scores, I think the Bs are going to lose. Something needs to change because that's unacceptable, just not ready to hang CJ yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stanley, if you didnt hear the OLE chants, go get your ears checked, they were entirely clear even over the television feed.. and again why with the name calling? You try to elevate yourself to sound like someone who knows what they are talking about and you sound like a petty kid all the time whenever someone doesn't agree with your opinions, which are pretty terrible more often then not...

As for the PS, hate to say it but Looked like the right call to me, kamfers play to lift the stick was clean, chara on the far side looks like a hook to me though...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Even Jack Edwards agreed that the penalty shot was the right call.

Stanley... Take off your Black and Gold glasses...  Ya' Homer !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Penalty shot????:
    [QUOTE]You must have drank your dinner (and gone back for seconds or thirds) before going to the game last night. The Bruins played much better than the Habs? At times...but only the skill of Tim Thomas allowed them to still be in the game after 20 minutes. Blaming the penalty shot is hilariously weak: the Habs KILLED the Bruins in period 1. It wasn't the penalty shot that led to that. "Only in Montreal"? Remind me again who got the last 3 power plays of the game? How many power plays did Montreal have in the last 2 periods? Yeah...the refs really took it to Boston last night. "Unfair" is the call of the whiner. But hey, what does it matter...the Bruins will still win the Stanley Cup in 2011, 2012, and 2013 (just like they did in 2009 and 2010), right? Keep living the dream....or living in dreamland. Whichever.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    C'mon Kennedy.You're usually open-minded but to not see the officiating as atrocious is pretty sad.I would've thought maybe it was just me until P.J.Stock(who has no reason to pick sides)echoed  my exact thoughts.It was a garbage penalty shot call(perfectly played by the D-shouldn't even have been a penalty)and then Campbell's penalty for getting slew-footed by Subban(great hit on Marchand but run or fight-no need to slew foot)leads directly to another 2 goal lead.The fact Boston had 3 PP's in a row has no bearing on this argument unless you can claim the Habs weren't deserving of them.So explain to me why Stock(HNIC employee so certainly not pro-Bruin)is just a whiner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penalty shot???? : C'mon Kennedy.You're usually open-minded but to not see the officiating as atrocious is pretty sad.I would've thought maybe it was just me until P.J.Stock(who has no reason to pick sides)echoed  my exact thoughts.It was a garbage penalty shot call(perfectly played by the D-shouldn't even have been a penalty)and then Campbell's penalty for getting slew-footed by Subban(great hit on Marchand but run or fight-no need to slew foot)leads directly to another 2 goal lead.The fact Boston had 3 PP's in a row has no bearing on this argument unless you can claim the Habs weren't deserving of them.So explain to me why Stock(HNIC employee so certainly not pro-Bruin)is just a whiner.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I didnt watch the HNIC feed, but to imply that because stock works for HNIC he would have no emotional ties to the bruins still is pretty rediculous don't you think?
    The guy is pretty much a cult hero among boston hockey fans, I am sure he would trade the HNIC job for something with the bruins, possibly NESN..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penalty shot???? : I didnt watch the HNIC feed, but to imply that because stock works for HNIC he would have no emotional ties to the bruins still is pretty rediculous don't you think? The guy is pretty much a cult hero among boston hockey fans, I am sure he would trade the HNIC job for something with the bruins, possibly NESN..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    He played for the Habs before Boston so don't imply it means nothing that he works for HNIC(hear much anti-Bruin talk from Edwards and Brick).A former player was fired form his colour commentary job earlier this season for trashing a hometown player(I'll get back to you with team and name of player).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penalty shot???? : I didnt watch the HNIC feed, but to imply that because stock works for HNIC he would have no emotional ties to the bruins still is pretty rediculous don't you think? The guy is pretty much a cult hero among boston hockey fans, I am sure he would trade the HNIC job for something with the bruins, possibly NESN..
    You don't trade a job with HNIC to go to NESN.Think about it........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    20 games for montreal, he played 235 career games, 130 with the bruins, where he was a fan favorite, it is absolutely not the same.. Are there Stock crew shirts sold on the streets before games still???  Are there still fans wearing his tee shirt at the game? Does anyone even know he ever played there..

And the NESN comment wasnt that he would leave a larger network for a smaller one, but more ideally that he would go to one that would bring him back to boston, closer to the bruins etc, just a thought, but still way more on base then saying "he works for HNIC, clearly he neutral and has no ties to the bruins" which is what you tried to imply...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, 20 games for montreal, he played 235 career games, 130 with the bruins, where he was a fan favorite, it is absolutely not the same.. Are there Stock crew shirts sold on the streets before games still???  Are there still fans wearing his tee shirt at the game? Does anyone even know he ever played there.. And the NESN comment wasnt that he would leave a larger network for a smaller one, but more ideally that he would go to one that would bring him back to boston, closer to the bruins etc, just a thought, but still way more on base then saying "he works for HNIC, clearly he neutral and has no ties to the bruins" which is what you tried to imply...
    So you hear much anti Canadian rhetoric on HNIC?Obviously you don't have access to HNIC every week like I do  or you would've watched that feed but hear you are,willing to comment on something which you,admittedly,haven't even heard.Sorry but it was baseball I referenced earlier(Rob Dibble fired for bad-mouthing a Nationals prospect).These guys aren't hired to be totally impartial.They aren't hired by the leage,they're hired by individual teams(usually).What I'm getting at is that Stock is generally as un-biased as any commentator in the buisiness so for you to act like he's a Bruin homer is ridiculous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

The ref who made that call was Bill McCreary.  He always screws the Bruins.  I don't know why he hates them, but he does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penalty shot???? : So you hear much anti Canadian rhetoric on HNIC?Obviously you don't have access to HNIC every week like I do  or you would've watched that feed but hear you are,willing to comment on something which you,admittedly,haven't even heard.Sorry but it was baseball I referenced earlier(Rob Dibble fired for bad-mouthing a Nationals prospect).These guys aren't hired to be totally impartial.They aren't hired by the leage,they're hired by individual teams(usually).What I'm getting at is that Stock is generally as un-biased as any commentator in the buisiness so for you to act like he's a Bruin homer is ridiculous.

I didnt imply he was a bruins homer at all, I made a simple point, you tried to cast him as a neutral unbaised guy who would have no reason to have any bias, (ignoring the fact that he was indeed a bruin) and I said thats not entirely true..

I didn't see it, but it doesnt change that if you ask pj stock what team he was most a part of, its the bruins, he comes back to boston as a guest often, and is a fan favorite, I am not saying he made a biased call, just that your reasoning is flawed..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penalty shot???? : I didnt imply he was a bruins homer at all, I made a simple point, you tried to cast him as a neutral unbaised guy who would have no reason to have any bias, (ignoring the fact that he was indeed a bruin) and I said thats not entirely true.. I didn't see it, but it doesnt change that if you ask pj stock what team he was most a part of, its the bruins, he comes back to boston as a guest often, and is a fan favorite, I am not saying he made a biased call, just that your reasoning is flawed..
     So because he's a fan favourite in Boston he can't make an unbiased observation?
    Just like an NHL fighter will scrap his best friend,some people are able to do a job without personal feelings affecting their judgement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penalty shot???? :  So because he's a fan favourite in Boston he can't make an unbiased observation? Just like an NHL fighter will scrap his best friend,some people are able to do a job without personal feelings affecting their judgement.

I didn't say that..

Your dibble point provides a better arguement for me then for you..

What if i said, so because dibble works for the nats he can't make an unbiased opinion??  cause your examples says he did..

Brickley is pretty honest, (i would use that word over un biased) I feel I am pretty honest about calls as well.. you can be honest and still be biased..nothing aggitates mre being at a game then hearing fans argue obvious and stupid (or lazy calls) etc.. doesnt mean I wouldnt have wanted the ref to let it go...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

In Response to Penalty shot????:
    [QUOTE]I was at the game last night and this happened right in front of me ...I have been a referee for over 30 years and to me there was not even a penalty on the play ..why does the referee called a penalty shot ????  The crowd made the call ....look at the replay ! ! ! Only in Montreal ....I think the Bruins played better than the habs other than the penalty shot goal , 2 goals from the habes were clearly deflected on a B's player, the one on Ferrence and the other one on McQuaid (I think) ....habs were lucky to get the win last night ,,B's looked much better but the habs got the 2 points .....unfair Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, and Thomas called it out post game.  The ref have been KILLING us.  You'd think more refs would get the right call, but this is not the case.  Shame on the NHL officiating!!!