Penguins Announcers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

Penguins Announcers.

Saw the game on NHL Network with the  Pens announcer Paul Steigerwald. Worst I ever heard in any sport... Bruins needed to be knocked of their perch, trying to run the Pens out of the building, Lucic thinks he can go anywhere he wants and needs to be brought down to reality, Thornton came up high on Rupp when Rupp came up high on him and the topper they love Matt Cook. Call the Savard hit, The Savard Incident. Everybody complains about Jack Edwards being a homer. Versus and NHL Network never pick up Nesn's feed. But they  make us listen to these clowns especially after his comments during the Islander game. Where's Mike Lange , at least he 's colorful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Penguins Announcers.

The Pens announcers are bad.  Its like they never watched a hockey game before.  I understand being a homer. But those clowns go beyond.  They actually sound like a lot of double standard posters on here. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins Announcers.:
    [QUOTE]The Pens announcers are bad.  Its like they never watched a hockey game before.  I understand being a homer. But those clowns go beyond.  They actually sound like a lot of double standard posters on here. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Lucic's hit was clean.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Actually as someone who watches the Pens on TV several times per week, Steggy is one of the better announcers in the league. Bob Errey, a former Penguin, is the real homer. I've watched Steigerwald disagree with Errey a few times just this season, and he tells like like it really is. Obviously, he's biased toward the Pens but his knowledge of the game and league supercedes any hard slant. I would much rather watch the Steigerwald and Errey than the clowns who call Flyer games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

n Response to Re: Penguins Announcers.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penguins Announcers. : Lucic's hit was clean.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    So was Gillies

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I understand being a homer, but last night's game was unwatchable.  Those 2 guys sounded like 2 idiots drinking beer in section 308... the guys you just want to turn around and ask, "have you ever actually SEEN a game before?'

terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I watched the game where Cooke drilled Tutin from behind and got the suspension.  Those boneheads were blaming Tutin.  Again, Buffalo announcer is totally biased and I can live with that b/c he is exciting to listen to.  The Pitt guys are brutal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]Actually as someone who watches the Pens on TV several times per week, Steggy is one of the better announcers in the league. Bob Errey, a former Penguin, is the real homer. I've watched Steigerwald disagree with Errey a few times just this season, and he tells like like it really is. Obviously, he's biased toward the Pens but his knowledge of the game and league supercedes any hard slant. I would much rather watch the Steigerwald and Errey than the clowns who call Flyer games. 
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

funny, i think the Flyer guys do a good job. clowns ? hardly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

Nothing more annoying than when Crosby and Malkin are playing. He refers to them as 'the two headed monster' a million times a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]I watched the game where Cooke drilled Tutin from behind and got the suspension.  Those boneheads were blaming Tutin.  Again, Buffalo announcer is totally biased and I can live with that b/c he is exciting to listen to.  The Pitt guys are brutal
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Rick Jeanneret exciting to listen to? In another place and time he could have been the ultimate Wochenschau announcer. He's taking "bias" to another level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The decisions come from NHL, so write to Bettman and you will hear more garbage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

"Right Stegi Right Erry"
    Please if I have to listen to these two, just shoot me and but me out of my misery.

Thank you

Go B's 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Penguins Announcers. : Rick Jeanneret exciting to listen to? In another place and time he could have been the ultimate Wochenschau announcer. He's taking "bias" to another level.
    Posted by MrHulot[/QUOTE]Yeah but at least Rick is funny in his over excitement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

VS and NHL Network never pick up NESN's feed because Jack Edwards is just as much of a homer as the 2 guys in Pittsburgh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I didn't watch it on NHL network (even if it was free ).  I got a stream from Veetle and watched NESN with about a 30-45 second delay.
    Forget that those guys are homers but they are just plain boring !!!  Even if I was a Pen's fan I'de feel the same.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

One  more thing ,  call Edwards a homer all you want but when the Pens scored their goals he was just as loud as when the Bruins scored.  Unlike some of the other guys (cough cough Rick Jeanneret). 
    Maybe I'm bias but I don't think Edwards calls the game like a homer and what rubs listeners the wrond way are some of his off topic comments instead of reading the play during the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]VS and NHL Network never pick up NESN's feed because Jack Edwards is just as much of a homer as the 2 guys in Pittsburgh.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Yea & Dick Irvin & Danny Gallivan weren't right! Even though they were on a National Network! Talk about for Double Standards!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]One  more thing ,  call Edwards a homer all you want but when the Pens scored their goals he was just as loud as when the Bruins scored.  Unlike some of the other guys (cough cough Rick Jeanneret).  Maybe I'm bias but I don't think Edwards calls the game like a homer and what rubs listeners the wrond way are some of his off topic comments instead of reading the play during the game.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Legion! The other night in the T-Bay game he was screaming Smith's name just as loud as Thomas's!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

It was really bad last night.  I was yelling at the TV for them to stop crying about the B's trying to hit them.  Stegi talks like the B's shouldn't be allowed to try to hit more than the Pens.  The Lucic comments several times were outrageos.  I thought he might actually cry everytime a Bruin laid a hit.  I really don't have a big problem with homerism but there is a line that they cross.  Calling them bullies is just a joke. 

On the other hand though, I wonder how opposition fans feel about Edwards while watching the NESN feeds. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep I agree with all of you. The pens announcers were terrible. Bunch of cry babies, making the game sound terrible. I really was having trouble listening to their crap. Just terrible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Steigerwald, homer or not, has a great voice and i enjoyed his call of the game. Problem with Edwards is that he often comes up as the schtick guy he was when as a ESPN announcer, and while I think he is doing better than previous years, he drives me insane with his ridiculous comments which drive Brickley nuts too. I've had a problem with a lot of NHL announcers in that they don't call the game. They seem to want to converse the whole game with the analyst instead of sticking to the game and letting analyst do his job. Steigerwald again has a traditional, old-school hockey voice. Hard to find out there. I'd rather listen to him on a nightly basis than Edwards. It's all about the delivery, the voice and the game-call.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

you want to hear homers ..up here we have  peter lombardis  roger millions..and not sure if he is alive charlie simmers that do the flames games on sportsnet west...god awful and  they are wantta bees...use to do radio for junior A  and were horrible now the biggest homers you have even listened to.....amateurs at best... good thing  i have the nhl centre ice package and never have to watch those clowns

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Steigerwald, homer or not, has a great voice and i enjoyed his call of the game. Problem with Edwards is that he often comes up as the schtick guy he was when as a ESPN announcer, and while I think he is doing better than previous years, he drives me insane with his ridiculous comments which drive Brickley nuts too. I've had a problem with a lot of NHL announcers in that they don't call the game. They seem to want to converse the whole game with the analyst instead of sticking to the game and letting analyst do his job. Steigerwald again has a traditional, old-school hockey voice. Hard to find out there. I'd rather listen to him on a nightly basis than Edwards. It's all about the delivery, the voice and the game-call.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    No, it's all about opinion & right now your opinion only agrees with one other person. So your out voted which means you cheer for a loser.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]you want to hear homers ..up here we have  peter lombardis  roger millions..and not sure if he is alive charlie simmers that do the flames games on sportsnet west...god awful and  they are wantta bees...use to do radio for junior A  and were horrible now the biggest homers you have even listened to.....amateurs at best... good thing  i have the nhl centre ice package and never have to watch those clowns
    Posted by north1234[/QUOTE]

Oh do you mean the one who goes. "Iggy has the puck....goes around the defender....shoots he...heee scooooores!" And sounds like he has a clothes pin on his nose? Yea everybody including a lot Flame fans think him & Simmer are brutal!

Sections
Shortcuts