Penguins Beat Bruins Because....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Penguins Beat Bruins Because....

1 selke + 1 norris = 2 harts. simple math people. sit back and enjoy, it should be a great series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oh yeah, the thread title still has to go. bad mojo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Lucicfan, if your not afraid of the Pens then you need to come back down to earth & smell some reality, because you should be. What bugs me is how everyone says the regular season doesn't matter, but yet they bring up how the B's were 0-3 against them in the season in the next sentence. The other thing is they mention is how every goal was only a difference of 1 goal, but the B's never faced this Pens team. Well the Pens never faced this Bruins team either. It's 2011 all over again. Back then the Canucks was the "Poster Child"now it's the Pens. I think the B's need to play better than they did against the Canucks. Malkin, Neal, Iglina, Murray, Kunitz, Dupuis, Sutter are no Sedins, Burrows, Lapuke, Bieksa, Kesler. The Pens aren't as physical as the B's, but I can tell you this. Brad Marchand won't be using anyone of these guys head as a speedbag & getting away with it. They also have (like it or not) the best player in the world on their team and Malkin is no slouch either. The Bruins need to stay physical every single shift, but stay out of the box. The Pens PP is running at 23-25% I think that's what I saw that in game 5 against the Sens. The B's can win this & I hope they shove it right in Iglina's face, but I can't lie. I do have some doubt. Rask will really have to elevate his game to another level. Which I think he can, but is it this season he does that? I think he'll be better than Vokoun in this series, but sometimes that isn't enough. 

I can have my own opinion. By the way Earth and reality is smelling pretty good right now compared to when I wrote my post on Mars. Fear is a weakness so go ahead a be weak.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

1 selke + 1 norris = 2 harts. simple math people. sit back and enjoy, it should be a great series.

You shoul've posted this on the "Bruins Beat Penguins Because..." thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

B's will need all 4 lines going, a solid PK and Tuukka standing on his head to beat this Pens team.  Seguin and Peverley need to find their game too.

This will be a good measuring stick for Seguin.  It's one thing to dominate in Switzerland.  But, can he do it against elite competition?

Measuring stick for Seguin? What are you gonna measure against.....His points production up to this point has been Nill. Not for lack of trying. So, hypathetically, Seguin gets shutout this series, basically just falls in line with the last two series. Im not ripping on the kid at all, just trying to understand what you are gonna measure Seguin too, since there is no base line of points to work with. Im hoping he breaks out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lucicfan's comment:

Lucicfan, if your not afraid of the Pens then you need to come back down to earth & smell some reality, because you should be. What bugs me is how everyone says the regular season doesn't matter, but yet they bring up how the B's were 0-3 against them in the season in the next sentence. The other thing is they mention is how every goal was only a difference of 1 goal, but the B's never faced this Pens team. Well the Pens never faced this Bruins team either. It's 2011 all over again. Back then the Canucks was the "Poster Child"now it's the Pens. I think the B's need to play better than they did against the Canucks. Malkin, Neal, Iglina, Murray, Kunitz, Dupuis, Sutter are no Sedins, Burrows, Lapuke, Bieksa, Kesler. The Pens aren't as physical as the B's, but I can tell you this. Brad Marchand won't be using anyone of these guys head as a speedbag & getting away with it. They also have (like it or not) the best player in the world on their team and Malkin is no slouch either. The Bruins need to stay physical every single shift, but stay out of the box. The Pens PP is running at 23-25% I think that's what I saw that in game 5 against the Sens. The B's can win this & I hope they shove it right in Iglina's face, but I can't lie. I do have some doubt. Rask will really have to elevate his game to another level. Which I think he can, but is it this season he does that? I think he'll be better than Vokoun in this series, but sometimes that isn't enough. 

I can have my own opinion. By the way Earth and reality is smelling pretty good right now compared to when I wrote my post on Mars. Fear is a weakness so go ahead a be weak.

NO! Fear is a sign of repect & it takes strength to admit fear, because of the negative connotation in society.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Did you post to the BRUINS BEAT PENGUINS BECAUSE?

This post is beating the other at a 3-1 clip. You would think, at least in this forum, it would be the other way around.

This fact tells me that most of you are more afraid of the Penguins than the players are. And you take statistics as gospel. Shame on you.

We aren't playing 82 games against them, just 7 at the most. WE CAN WIN!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

NO! Fear is a sign of repect & it takes strength to admit fear, because of the negative connotation in society.   

NO, Fear is an emotion induced by a perceived threat which causes entities to quickly pull far away from it and usually hide. It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus, such as pain or the threat of danger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

NO, Fear is an emotion induced by a perceived threat which causes entities to quickly pull far away from it and usually hide. It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus, such as pain or the threat of danger.

[/QUOTE]
    LMAO! You actually quoted wikapedia? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Did you post to the BRUINS BEAT PENGUINS BECAUSE?

This post is beating the other at a 3-1 clip. You would think, at least in this forum, it would be the other way around.

This fact tells me that most of you are more afraid of the Penguins than the players are. And you take statistics as gospel. Shame on you.

We aren't playing 82 games against them, just 7 at the most. WE CAN WIN!!

all i want is for the title of the thread to change. it turns my stomach. as for the palpible feeling of nervousness amongst the regular posters... i don't get it either. what they did 2 years ago, and what they did this year vs the leafs has me BELIEVIN' in them more than ever. imo there should not be ONE post in this thread other than, "this thread sux!!, get it off the board!" and by posting this, i bump it to the top... oh well

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

adk, chill. What's wrong at looking what needs to occur?

Personally I think the Pens would have have Vokoun step up in a huge way, and have their secondary scoring out perform the Bruins bottom two lines and lower D pairings.

I personally like this thread as a place for analysis, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read it or post in it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No - Fear commonly has TWO response meachnisms - one is to pull back, and one is to attack.

It's called "fight or flight." Fear can as easily cause a person or an animal to be agressive as it will cause them to run or cower. (There's sometimes a third response, which is to freeze or go catatonic - like a deer in headlights)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

LMAO! You actually quoted wikapedia? 

[/QUOTE]

and you quoted your butt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[/QUOTE]

Nite's but is pretty smart.

And that doesn't change that you're wrong (and in extension Wikipedia) about how people and animals react to fear.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Nite's but is pretty smart.

And that doesn't change that you're wrong (and in extension Wikipedia) about how people and animals react to fear.

[/QUOTE]
    How exactly was I wrong?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Like I said above -

"Fear commonly has TWO response meachnisms - one is to pull back, and one is to attack.

It's called "fight or flight." Fear can as easily cause a person or an animal to be agressive as it will cause them to run or cower. (There's sometimes a third response, which is to freeze or go catatonic - like a deer in headlights)"

Fight or Flight (and/or Freeze - that deer in headlights thing) is biological. It's a biologically hardwired response to fear, duress, or stress. What you described was just the flight response - but there are two others, the most common being Fight. Instead of cowering you confront what makes you fearful. It's why a black bear will usually run but a Grizzly will commonly attack when confronted - one shows flight, one shows fight. These bears have more Grizzly in them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Good Lord, when does the third round start? You know it's a slow Bruins news day when I'm describing human hypothalamic functions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Roll on Saturday. Time for a Penguin BBQ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Can't come soon enough - at this rate by the time faceoff roles around I'll be discussing the functions of the endocrine system and adrenal pathways.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Has anyone ever had penquin? I heard mixed reviews. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Has anyone ever had penquin? I heard mixed reviews. 

Shamoo. Willie.

Sections
Shortcuts