Penguins fans are trash...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Penguins fans are trash...

Guys I know we may argue and propose incredibly stupid trades from time to time. However i am glad to say most of the posters on here (even the worst ones!) show much more class than your typical Penguins fan.

Quotes from TSN regarding the leg check by cooke on ovi.

"Really too bad Ovechkin got up. Get a better piece of him next time Cookie Monster. The Cookie Monster a cometh for you Ovi!"

"gotta admit I smiled when Cooke gave Ovi the knee. What right did Steckall have to check Crosby from behind? Eye for an eye I guess, we all know Cookes role, Cooke knows his role, dont act surprised."

"Nice dive by Ovie on that ''trip''"

"it amazes me how many people condemn cooke on that savard hit and that he should have been kicked out of the league, get it through your thick skulls, AT THE TIME IT WAS A LEGAL HIT! That's like someone being arrested a year after they do something that at the time there was no law against, and if you think that should happen you lack a brain and your opinion doesn't matter any way"

"Listen, Ovie is to blame for the almost knee on knee .. any smart player would have continued along the boards and took the hit while chipping the puck up the boards .. "

So what ive gathered from these quotes is that.
    1) Pitts fans like cooke.
    2) Pitts fans think its ok to have a player who'se "role" is to injure the other teams better players.
    3) Pitts fans wish Cooke had infact injured ovechkin seriously.

Move aside MTL I have a new most hated fanbase. These people continually talk about Karma blah blah but they dont see the blatant Karma of Malkins and Sids careers being in jeopardy as they continue to support the King of Cowards Matt Cooke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Penguins fans are trash...

On what article ? 
    I would love to go there and express myself from my thick skull .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

4)  Maybe they are still bitter about Ovechkin sticking a knee out on Gonchar in the playoffs a few years back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wow, thanks for the post. However, I am not entirely surprised. Did anyone see that Fanhouse article from last week? One of the staff correspondents wrote a piece assailing the stupid Terrible Towel and the guy was completely excoriated by Pittsburgh fans. A few death threats, some gay slurs, and a general incivility that you won't read here.

At least Penn State fans aren't that bad ... though people do say some nasty things about Ohio State around here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins fans are trash...:
    4)  Maybe they are still bitter about Ovechkin sticking a knee out on Gonchar in the playoffs a few years back
    Posted by Dave24

Right but there is a MASSIVE difference in the Talent level of Ovi/Cooke. IE Cooke is always looking for the dirty intent to injure hit, I think Ovi was just out of control. I also dont remember Caps fans saying they wished Gonchar was more seriously injured.

Thats what makes it  scummy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I've disliked Pitt since they threw games to get super mario in the draft.
    Then came the near worship of Ulf Samuelsson by the Pens fans - one of the dirtiest and most cowardly players to ever play in the NHL.
    And now they have Cooke. 'nuf said.
    Thanks for the info ILH!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Penguins fans are trash...:
    Guys I know we may argue and propose incredibly stupid trades from time to time. However i am glad to say most of the posters on here (even the worst ones!) show much more class than your typical Penguins fan. Quotes from TSN regarding the leg check by cooke on ovi. "Really too bad Ovechkin got up. Get a better piece of him next time Cookie Monster. The Cookie Monster a cometh for you Ovi! " "gotta admit I smiled when Cooke gave Ovi the knee. What right did Steckall have to check Crosby from behind? Eye for an eye I guess, we all know Cookes role, Cooke knows his role, dont act surprised." "Nice dive by Ovie on that ''trip''" "it amazes me how many people condemn cooke on that savard hit and that he should have been kicked out of the league, get it through your thick skulls, AT THE TIME IT WAS A LEGAL HIT! That's like someone being arrested a year after they do something that at the time there was no law against, and if you think that should happen you lack a brain and your opinion doesn't matter any way" "Listen, Ovie is to blame for the almost knee on knee .. any smart player would have continued along the boards and took the hit while chipping the puck up the boards .. " So what ive gathered from these quotes is that. 1) Pitts fans like cooke. 2) Pitts fans think its ok to have a player who'se "role" is to injure the other teams better players. 3) Pitts fans wish Cooke had infact injured ovechkin seriously. Move aside MTL I have a new most hated fanbase. These people continually talk about Karma blah blah but they dont see the blatant Karma of Malkins and Sids careers being in jeopardy as they continue to support the King of Cowards Matt Cooke.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

You know what they say....karma is indeed a b!tch. I never want a player to get hurt on the ice, but if Matt Cooke was the recipient of an errant elbow, and missed significant time because of it, I certainly wouldn't shed a tear. There is another old saying.....live by the sword, die by the sword......penguin fans are now finding out about karma.  Kiss

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

Not too surprised when these are the same fans that support losers like harrison and rothlesburger on the steelers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Every city has its numbskull fans. Some just have more than others and it seems like Pitts is one of them. Philly fans are beyond awful. Maybe it's a Pennsylvania thing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Couple of morons thats it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Couple of morons thats it...
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE

I think it goes beyond a couple of morons. I have freinds and relatives all over PA and my oldest is a freshman at Villanova so I've spent some time in both ends of the state. By and large the fandom is on the lower rung of the class ladder compared to most cities, IMO. By and large I find the people in PA to be pretty nice, though. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Is anyone really suprised? 90 percent of Pitt's fans werent even fans 6 years ago. They had attendance worse than Modern day Phoenix and were almost moved untill Bettman saved the day. Bandwagon morons. They'll disappear once Crosby is gone.

Caps fans arent much better either

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not too surprised when these are the same fans that support losers like harrison and rothlesburger on the steelers
    Posted by mik802

So what makes them losers?Is it their Super Bowl Rings?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins fans are trash... : So what makes them losers?Is it their Super Bowl Rings?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Losing the superbowl last night maybes?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Dez, You beat me to it.  Steeler fans love their team.  What did Ben really do?  Nail some cumdumster...what did Harrison do?  Kill the QB.  I actually like what the Steelers are all about.  I have been a life long Bills fan but on the side rout for the Steelers.  In terms of fans on blogs.  We all have our fair share of morons.  But in terms of Pitt fans.  They are close to being crowned city of champions.  Pens/Steelers are a pretty solid bet each yr to make some noise.  anyway.  I don't look at a few samples to determine the entire core of supporters, 
    Posted by shuperman

its not just a few examples though Shup. You can go on ANY Matt Cooke yout ube or TSN article or anything. You will see an outstanding # of Penguins fans calling him to injure playres, saying its a good thing, saying he does his role well etc..... They are the biggest bandwaggoners and wishing injury on one of the greats in the game is unacceptable.

It just seems like pitts has at least 3-4x the amount of dumb fans other teams havel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I have to agree with ILH here. Pitt appears to have more morons than most teams in their fan base. And no matter how many championships Pittsburgh teams win it doesn't mean their fans aren't trash.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Every city has its numbskull fans. Some just have more than others and it seems like Pitts is one of them. Philly fans are beyond awful. Maybe it's a Pennsylvania thing?
    Posted by WalkTheLine

As a native, I will say that I much prefer Pitt fans to Philly fans-- across the board. There is a special brand of ugly that comes from the City of Brotherly Love. Pittsburghers are just die-hards, not freakish fanatics.

That said ... I wish I could get more support for the Bruins here in the Keystone State.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins fans are trash... : As a native, I will say that I much prefer Pitt fans to Philly fans-- across the board. There is a special brand of ugly that comes from the City of Brotherly Love. Pittsburghers are just die-hards, not freakish fanatics. That said ... I wish I could get more support for the Bruins here in the Keystone State.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

ANY fans are better than Philly fans! They are rabid, knuckle dragging, mouth-breathing morons with less class than Oakland Raider fans.

I just mailed my daughter (at Villanova) her Bruins sweater but warned her not to wear it off campus!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins fans are trash... : ANY fans are better than Philly fans! They are rabid, knuckle dragging, mouth-breathing morons with less class than Oakland Raider fans. I just mailed my daughter (at Villanova) her Bruins sweater but warned her not to wear it off campus!
    Posted by WalkTheLine
    Ha, that's funny because I'm also a Raider fan but I know well enough that we tend to be a beastly or motley lot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Dez, You beat me to it.  Steeler fans love their team.  What did Ben really do?  Nail some ...what did Harrison do?  Kill the QB.  I actually like what the Steelers are all about.  I have been a life long Bills fan but on the side rout for the Steelers.  In terms of fans on blogs.  We all have our fair share of morons.  But in terms of Pitt fans.  They are close to being crowned city of champions.  Pens/Steelers are a pretty solid bet each yr to make some noise.  anyway.  I don't look at a few samples to determine the entire core of supporters, 
    Posted by shuperman

This is probably the worst filth I have ever seen on this site.  Your moral compass is horrendous with your talk about females.  Do you have a sister, a daughter, or a mother?  How would you like someone speaking about them like you just did.  You must be a teenager or a very immature "adult", as that kind of talk is simply inappropriate and vulgar!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

You're a Raider fan and a Bruins fan and you live in Pittsburgh area? You have problems my friend! lol Just kidding. Actually Raider fans aren't so bad...at least they are entertaining.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins fans are trash... : its not just a few examples though Shup. You can go on ANY Matt Cooke yout ube or TSN article or anything. You will see an outstanding # of Penguins fans calling him to injure playres, saying its a good thing, saying he does his role well etc..... They are the biggest bandwaggoners and wishing injury on one of the greats in the game is unacceptable. It just seems like pitts has at least 3-4x the amount of dumb fans other teams havel.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

i'm a Bruins fan and lifelong Steelers fan.I'd like to think I'm not just some idiot because  I cheer for the Steelers.I actually don't give ANY thought to who else likes the Steelers.I like them because I like them......that's all.
    P.S. 1 superbowl loss shouldn't change the fact that Big Ben has had 1 of the best starts to a career in NFL history.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins fans are trash... : This is probably the worst filth I have ever seen on this site.  Your moral compass is horrendous with your talk about females.  Do you have a sister, a daughter, or a mother?  How would you like someone speaking about them like you just did.  You must be a teenager or a very immature "adult", as that kind of talk is simply inappropriate and vulgar!
    Posted by MeanE

I would assume that none of your female relatives are into having sex in a nightclub bathroom in the hopes  of cashing in.I would've had sympathy for her had she filed criminal charges rather than attempting civil litigation.No woman should EVER be forced to do something against her will but I(and the authorities) just don't think this lady was.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Penguins fans are trash... : I would assume that none of your female relatives are into having sex in a nightclub bathroom in the hopes  of cashing in.I would've had sympathy for her had she filed criminal charges rather than attempting civil litigation.No woman should EVER be forced to do something against her will but I(and the authorities) just don't think this lady was.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You and I will agree to disagree on whether or not she was forced, and don't get me started on the fans, um I mean "cops" that were involved.  The fact of the matter is that the comment remains inappropriate and vulgar towards women and if we are talking about Penguins fans are trash, some of us need to look in the mirror and see the lumber that is protruding from our own eye.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tks Dez,

MeanE,

She knew what she was doing.  she nailed a star football player in a bathroom and got paid out.  she knew exactly what she was doing and would likely do it again.  She wasn't raped.  Ben was never charged.  She had sex with a guy in a bathroom of a bar.  Yeah she is a really classy chick. 
    Sorry if I offended.  Please don't ever go in a boys locker room if you don't wanna hear a few choice words. 

Sections
Shortcuts