PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread

Not a whole lotta love. Obviously the goal here is to let them beat each other up and come out weaker on the other side.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HalifaxBruins. Show HalifaxBruins's posts

Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread

Pens vs Flyers is going to be a great series if anybody can bounce the pens 1st round and has the drive to do it its the flyers but which russian goalie will show up for philly the guy who played really well down the stretch or the guy who couldn't stop a beach ball for the first half of the season if phillys goalie isn't great this could be over in 5 but if he is great this could go 7 i still see pittsburgh just having to much star power and fleury being the x factor for them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This series will be great to watch. I hope it goes 7.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Penguins are going down can't wait!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pens are going to take it. Philly is now more bluster than actual toughness and are not the playoff-built team they were before all the trades. No Richards, Carter, or Pronger (these guys were made for the playoffs). More rookies. Better goaltending but that is all that is better from a year ago. Malkin and Crosby are going to eat that D alive.

Philly will be lucky if this goes to 6 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Giroux in Carter's cranky feet out, Jagr in Leino out and Briz in who cares out. Hartnell, Simmonds, Zinaldo and former Penquin Talbot all tough to play against. To suggest the Flyers aren't tough is a very funny statement.

Let the Canadian Crosby ball washing begin...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

We will find out soon enough who is right....Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

GO FLYERS GO!!!!....

make Siderella's midnite strike early so the B'S can then take you on and send you packing once again....

GO B'S!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread:
    [QUOTE]Giroux in Carter's cranky feet out, Jagr in Leino out and Briz in who cares out. Hartnell, Simmonds, Zinaldo and former Penquin Talbot all tough to play against. To suggest the Flyers aren't tough is a very funny statement. Let the Canadian Crosby ball washing begin...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Canadians also like to wash Crosby's fellow Canadian star player Claude Giroux's balls.

But Crosby's Pens win because of their PP and Canadian ball washing goalie M.A. Fleury.

Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread:[QUOTE]We will find out soon enough who is right....Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for tonight JW this series is going to start off with immediate animosity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This one is a tough call - I figure it comes down to a one goal difference in game 7. An absolute battle - a friend of mine out here in Van is from central Penn. she's a little torn over this one. I'd give the edge to Philly because the best way to shut down the Flyers is with a hard pounding checking game a la the Bruins and Jets - not the Pens. style.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hate em' both.  I'm rooting for a relentless bloodbath that is decided in the 12th overtime period of game 7.  Let's hope for tons of scoring and the shattered confidence of both goalies going forward.

I predict the Pens prevail, but hopefully in a taxing, painful, arduous fashion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Giroux in Carter's cranky feet out, Jagr in Leino out and Briz in who cares out. Hartnell, Simmonds, Zinaldo and former Penquin Talbot all tough to play against. To suggest the Flyers aren't tough is a very funny statement. Let the Canadian Crosby ball washing begin...

Carter plays for L.A now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : Carter plays for L.A now.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that his point?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : Wasn't that his point?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Why talk about an injured player for another team? Besides, i owe the Sandman a few jabs. Anyhoo, don't think the Flyers have what it takes, they'll get down then try to fight everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]Hate em' both.  I'm rooting for a relentless bloodbath that is decided in the 12th overtime period of game 7.  Let's hope for tons of scoring and the shattered confidence of both goalies going forward. I predict the Pens prevail, but hopefully in a taxing, painful, arduous fashion.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I was going to see if there was a way for both teams to lose, but this seems to be the best way to make that happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Would just enjoy seeing the two teams kill each other and make it easier for the Bruins when it comes time to play the winner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : Wasn't that his point ? Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Have a good feeling Red that Carter is going to have an impact in the Vancouver series though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Would love to see the Flyers win, just so all the talking heads who fawn over Sid and the Penguins would have nothing to talk about. Lets go Flyers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As a matter of fact, i want the Flyers to win because Glen Healy picked the Pens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : Can't wait for tonight JW this series is going to start off with immediate animosity.

Agreed. This is where the players (hopefully) lay it all out and the cream rises to the top. If Briere is not playing that will be a big loss to Philly. I do not like him but he does tend to show up in the playoffs.

My second most anticipated matchup to watch (B's and Caps first of course).

Edit: Looks like he is,

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392837

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Here we go.................

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well, that was fast. And now a Philly penalty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

2-0 Pens in the first 8 minutes. Philly needs to calm down a bit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

[QUOTE]2-0 Pens in the first 8 minutes. Philly needs to calm down a bit.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Pretty predictable.....as the road team in a game 1 of a series, I think the first 10 minutes of the game is big and so far Philly is not dealing with it well

Sections
Shortcuts