PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread

Give it a few minutes before the Flyers resort to thuggery. Of course it will be to "send a message".....That message being, we are not good enough to compete with the Penguins so will fight them..

Oh and a prediction, somewhere in these playoffs Matt Cooke, the same Matt Cooke who has turned a new leaf, will show his true colors.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread:
    Give it a few minutes before the Flyers resort to thuggery. Of course it will be to "send a message".....That message being, we are not good enough to compete with the Penguins so will fight them.. Oh and a prediction, somewhere in these playoffs Matt Cooke, the same Matt Cooke who has turned a new leaf, will show his true colors.
    Posted by kelvana33

Looks like you are dead on with at least one of those predictions. Man, I hate those "interviews" on the bench during a break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

Give it a few minutes before the Flyers resort to thuggery. Of course it will be to "send a message".....That message being, we are not good enough to compete with the Penguins so will fight them.. Oh and a prediction, somewhere in these playoffs Matt Cooke, the same Matt Cooke who has turned a new leaf, will show his true colors.
    Posted by kelvana33

Agreed....he almost just did, you can see that he's gonna explode some time soon

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nice to see Asham take the rookie Shenn to task for his alleged transgression (being to close to Fleury).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

ive seen more hits in the first 15 minutes of this game then in the last 2 weeks.  god i love playoff hockey

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That third goal was all through the effort of Sullivan. Not bad for an old man with a bad back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't recognize this Philly team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

if i'm a pens fan my excitement is tempered by my nervousness.  playoffs breed best behaviour (and brave cowards) due to magnitude of each penalty.  if this game gets more lopsided it could get ugly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To be fair, it is still just the end of the first period in the first game of the series. But, Pittsburgh looked very good.

Side note; is NBC owned by the Pens or what? Talk about ballwashing. SanDog was right in that respect. Of course, Philly did not do much that period to warrent any kudos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Can't stand either team.  Hope this is a bitter, bruising war that leaves the eventual winner barely standing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You may be right RHO. Briere scores. He shows up once again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Philly has a bad rep around these parts, but I don't see it. Not sure what they do that any other hard-working team does. Pittsburgh just makes my blood boil. My personal nightmare is a hypothetical Bruins playoff run that goes through Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh and then Vancouver. I think the rage I have for entitled players/organizations would cause lights to spontaneously blow every time I walked past.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Philly has a bad rep around these parts, but I don't see it. Not sure what they do that any other hard-working team does. Pittsburgh just makes my blood boil. My personal nightmare is a hypothetical Bruins playoff run that goes through Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh and then Vancouver. I think the rage I have for entitled players/organizations would cause lights to spontaneously blow every time I walked past.
    Posted by asmaha

Heh...you are definitely not alone in that "nightmare" scenario. I think such a playoff might be cathartic in a way, however. For the B's to defeat all the teams you mention en route to another cup would be the stuff of legends.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

You may be right RHO. Briere scores. He shows up once again.
    Posted by jmwalters

jm - Replays seem to show him being offside before gathering the puck and heading towards Fleury on that goal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : jm - Replays seem to show him being offside before gathering the puck and heading towards Fleury on that goal.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

I wouldn't doubt it. He always was an opportunistic little b*st*rd. That said, he shows up when the games matter and for that he as earned my respect (for what that is worth).

Philly looked a but better that period but the damage has been done. Time to look on to Game two perhaps.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Crosby being Crosby and draws a penalty. If the Pens score here, it is over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Briere again. Not surprising.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Oh man, Philly ties it up on a PP drawn by Briere, this could get good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Game on!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Makes for a hell of a finish.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Next goal wins.

This better be over in the next half an hour. I want to watch Nucks/LA.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

playoff overtime <3

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well, Flyers take game one. Good comeback win. On to the Nucks.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I have some very happy relatives now, I think.  I wonder if any of those media folks who picked PIT to win the Cup are having some doubts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Hahaha, Pens blow a 3-0 lead, hahaha looks good on Pitt, choke-on-co.ck, losers! Trouble is, I hate Philly too. Too bad they can't both lose.
    In a perfect world, Pitt will win this series so we can punish and brutalize them in round 2. Fuc.k I hate Pittsburgh. I hope their team bus goes off a cliff.

Sections
Shortcuts