PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread

In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread:
    [QUOTE]like a bizarro caps/b's series with the goaltending.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I'm saying , I'm jealous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

NBC turning the intermission report into a Penguins show.

Not giving credit to Couterier for Malkins lack of production, c'mon. He's been great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : a just as shaky Bryzgalov is the only reason the Penguins are still in the game...
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

days - Absolutely right.  He's not exactly providing inspirational goaltending.  Another last goal wins, I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : a just as shaky Bryzgalov is the only reason the Penguins are still in the game...

Bryzgalov is far and away the most overrated goalie in the league.  He is pure awful when playoffs roll around.  I've been waiting for his annual stink fest all year.

And there is no reason Fleurey should stuill be in there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

17 goals against Fleury so far this series - with him having been yanked before I think puts his GAA up past 6.00 so far. Ouch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : Bryzgalov is far and away the most overrated goalie in the league.  He is pure awful when playoffs roll around.  I've been waiting for his annual stink fest all year. And there is no reason Fleurey should stuill be in there.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

SoxFan - And they had him dubbed as their long-awaited solution in goal.  Should he continue to provide the netminding he has so far and if the Flyers proceed past the Pens and buck up against a club down the road that knows how to play defense, could be trouble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]Look at how the Flyers cycle the puck low near Fleury on the PP and put someone's a-- right in his face to make it tough for him to see.  The Bruins should be taking notes.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

agreed RHO, in order to breakdown the box or triangle set up for a penalty kill a team needs to cycle instead of only standing still on the perimeters and just looking to feed the point men....

the B'S, or should i say Geoff Ward, are the only ones who don't get it.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Why were Timonen and Letang ejected? All they did was fight...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Brent Johnson is in there.... be very afraid Flyers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : SoxFan - And they had him dubbed as their long-awaited solution in goal.  Should he continue to provide the netminding he has so far and if the Flyers proceed past the Pens and buck up against a club down the road that knows how to play defense, could be trouble.

funny that one of the reasons the Flyers traded both Richards & Carter was to fit in Brygalov's big contract....

although he hasn't been great, the other additions have made the Flyers a team to be reckoned with....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Pierre can see the pain in Fleury's eyes. I finally understand why this guy is an NBC employee.

That was fast. Gordy for Giroux.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So much for putting in Johnson. LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Man, add Kunitz to the list of punks on this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]Brent Johnson is in there.... be very afraid Flyers.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Johnson might not be in for long....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You just can't play the run and gun offense against the Flyers, they'll kill you.
    It's no wonder the Rangers had success against them and so have the Bruins.
    I thought Bylsma was a genius !  Guys like McGuire and others couldn't stop talking about how he's the best coach in the league.
    Well he had a month to figure out how to beat the Flyers after they kept losing to them in the regular season.  He's failed !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Doesn't look like Johnson is helping matters much. Now that he's been yanked, Fleury has an unbelievable 7.23 GAA this series. Boggles the mind how bad that number is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Tough guy Neal (sarcasm) trying to have a go with Couturier all game. Would be nice to see someone teach him a lesson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : funny that one of the reasons the Flyers traded both Richards & Carter was to fit in Brygalov's big contract.... although he hasn't been great, the other additions have made the Flyers a team to be reckoned with....

days - I've not seen a lot of Coyote games over the years but when I read the Flyers were after Brygalov last summer the reason given was he was one of the prime factors in their resurgence under Dave Tippett.  Fortunately for him Fleury has been awful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Tough guy Neal (sarcasm) trying to have a go with Couturier all game. Would be nice to see someone teach him a lesson.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

He'll do the same as he did with Lucic and Chara

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sorry, messed up my math - it's 6.34. Still horrible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If score remains a 3 goal difference late in the game with less than 2mins in the game watch for cheapshots.
    NHL has that rule if you fight in a game that's out of hand with less than 5mins should be a 1game suspension. That's why they'll be cheapshots, the stick work kind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PENGUINS-FLYERS Series Thread : SoxFan - And they had him dubbed as their long-awaited solution in goal.  Should he continue to provide the netminding he has so far and if the Flyers proceed past the Pens and buck up against a club down the road that knows how to play defense, could be trouble.

I know!  When they signed him for that ungodly sum to solve their playoff goaltending problems, all I could wonder was did any of their scouts see him stink the place out in 2 straight playoff exits? Goals from everywhere on the ice... uh... like now.

This is the team that turned down Carter for Thomas before 2011.

And yeah, no help from Johnson, eh?  Sad.  And in the Bruins' series, 2 goals in 6 regulation periods.  Crazy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Maxime Talbot....  under 2 mil. per for five years....

he's earned it already just this series....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't look like Johnson is helping matters much. Now that he's been yanked, Fleury has an unbelievable 7.23 GAA this series. Boggles the mind how bad that number is.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

And Bryzgalov is winning playoff games giving up 4-5 a game. Putrid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How did the Bruins have Matt Read slip away ?

Sections
Shortcuts