Penguins = Heat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Penguins = Heat?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-despite-acquisitions-penguins-still-pursuing-iginla/

Why do I have this sickening feeling that the Peguins are earily similar to the Miami Heat?  My gut is telling me that they will win out on Jerome Iginla.  Just when everybody thinks they don't have the money left to do it (Getting Morrow & Murray), they sweep in and grab Chris Bosch, errr, I mean Jerome Iginla.  If this happens, I woud be OK with it if PC can land St. Louis!  The battle off the ice between PC & Shero right now is almost as entertaining as the battle on the ice.  Can't wait to see where the cards fall.  Either way it will be something we will be talking about!  Love it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Penguins = Heat?

Yes, the Pens have enough cap space to add Iginla:

http://www.capgeek.com/penguins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The Miami Heat failed to win it all their first year after their big signings. Being best on paper doesn't always hold out to what has happened on the court/ice. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So the Bruins pay less for Mike Cammalleri. I'm ok with a guy who scored 13 goals in 19 games during the Canadiens Eastern Conference run in 2010. Horton walks, Mike stays.

Man I hope the Penguins meet the Flyers or the Rangers in the 1st round. Evil under the Sun!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The Miami Heat failed to win it all their first year after their big signings. Being best on paper doesn't always hold out to what has happened on the court/ice. 

Here's to hoping for the same results!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Penguins = Heat?  Yes...I hate them both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-despite-acquisitions-penguins-still-pursuing-iginla/

Why do I have this sickening feeling that the Peguins are earily similar to the Miami Heat?  My gut is telling me that they will win out on Jerome Iginla.  Just when everybody thinks they don't have the money left to do it (Getting Morrow & Murray), they sweep in and grab Chris Bosch, errr, I mean Jerome Iginla.  If this happens, I woud be OK with it if PC can land St. Louis!  The battle off the ice between PC & Shero right now is almost as entertaining as the battle on the ice.  Can't wait to see where the cards fall.  Either way it will be something we will be talking about!  Love it!

Ive already mentioned this.  I still think pitt has more to offer in a trade and want to win now.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Ive already mentioned this.  I still think pitt has more to offer in a trade and want to win now.  

You already mentioned that the Penguins reminded you of the Heat?  Sorry, I didn't see it.  What do you think the more is that the Pens have to offer?  I don't know anything about their prospects, but it would seem the Bruins could match prospect for prospect if they were willing to do so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Lots of history to show that the stacked team doesn't always hoist the hardware, but if Iginla is acquired by Pitt, I'm laying down some money that they will make the Cup finals. And....I'll be depressed that the Bruins didn't get him, because I think he can make that much of an impact on this years team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

You already mentioned that the Penguins reminded you of the Heat?  Sorry, I didn't see it.  What do you think the more is that the Pens have to offer?  I don't know anything about their prospects, but it would seem the Bruins could match prospect for prospect if they were willing to do so.

No man.  That pitt is my choice to land iggy.  Nothing about basketball.  Pitt has a boat load of d prospects.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Penguins = Heat?

No, Penguins like Cold.

They are no good in the Heat. Spring is coming - Bad for Penguins, things warm up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Sounds about right!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If I hate the Penguins, and Im honestly not sure if I do anymore, its because of Matt Cooke and Matt Cooke only.

Although, I certainly dont want to see them win this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

If I hate the Penguins, and Im honestly not sure if I do anymore, its because of Matt Cooke and Matt Cooke only.

I hate Cooke, and can't stand Crosby.  I can honestly say that I would not want him on the bruins. the only pen I like is disco Dan, as I have had a personal relationship with him in the past.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I hate Cooke, and can't stand Crosby.  I can honestly say that I would not want him on the bruins. the only pen I like is disco Dan, as I have had a personal relationship with him in the past.

You dated disco dan?

(Sorry , had to)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, I'd hate to see the best player in the world on the Bruins.

That would be awful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That would be awful.

Personal preference, don't like him you do, plus I would take Stamkos over Crosby!  No matter how talented Sid may be, he is a weasel!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You dated disco dan?

(Sorry , had to)

Lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That would be awful.

Personal preference, don't like him you do, plus I would take Stamkos over Crosby!  No matter how talented Sid may be, he is a weasel!

I like Malkin better than Crosby. He's dirty but bigger and stronger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

That would be awful.

Who brought up Byron Bitz?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Penguins = team I have a developed a hate for

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Penguins = Heat?

No, Penguins like Cold.

They are no good in the Heat. Spring is coming - Bad for Penguins, things warm up.

Lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Pens may have spent to acquire some added talent, but they have had some very good talent all along and have not finished off as well as expected very often. The last game , in Pittsburgh, the bruins outplayed Pitt, but did not outscore them. Even with the flaky, on the back, swipe that eluded khudobin, Seguin's dribbler would have helped change the outcome. My point is this Bruins team can play as well or better, but needs a resurgence of last year's scoring from all lines. This does imply that a talent , like Iginla, can help even the playing field, as well as adding Krug plus another solid D . Let's hope PC can find what he wants soon.

Sections
Shortcuts