Penguins place Orpik on IR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Penguins place Orpik on IR

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=23679&navid=nhl:topheads

Before I react I will wait too see how long Orpik is on LTIR after the Thornton ruling comes down.

Shero being clever ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Penguins place Orpik on IR

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Before I react I will wait too see how long Orpik is on LTIR after the Thornton ruling comes down.

Shero being clever ?

Same here, curious as to how long the suspension will be and how long orpik is out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Shero being clever ?

Really I don't know have watched that replay probably 20times just don't see much of a blow to cause a concussion

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This should end the calls of Orpik faking it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Shero being clever ?

Really I don't know have watched that replay probably 20times just don't see much of a blow to cause a concussion

Doesnt take much.  A close blow to the face is all it takes.  Ive seen one punch kill.  It doesnt look that hard but that close in with the hard ice as a cushion it sure doesnt offer much to cushion a blow.  

i find it disturbing that everyone thinks every other team in the league fakes, acts concused and we are the darling of the dance.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Not enough information to understand the reasoning of whether or not Shero is politically seeking leniency* from the NHL. I hope Orpik returns quickly to the game.  

*IMO the Pens were attempting to match the physicality of the Bs as was Toronto last night. In the last game the Neal hit was intentional and dirty.  The Pens are just as guilty as Thornton.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Not enough information to understand the reasoning of whether or not Shero is politically seeking leniency* from the NHL. I hope Orpik returns quickly to the game.  

*IMO the Pens were attempting to match the physicality of the Bs as was Toronto last night. In the last game the Neal hit was intentional and dirty.  The Pens are just as guilty as Thornton.  

My thoughts as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I certainly don't think Orpik was faking anything.  

I do think Penguins management might pull him off the IR shortly after Thornton's suspension is announced.  

Yes, I'm that cynical.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shero being clever ?

Yeah, it makes sense that they would put an important player like Orpik on the shelf under false pretenses for the purpose of having the Bruins goon get suspended longer.

Jeez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Shero being clever ?

Yeah, it makes sense that they would put an important player like Orpik on the shelf under false pretenses for the purpose of having the Bruins goon get suspended longer.

Jeez.

Why not? Do you think the Pens organization are the white knights of the league? This is the same org that employed Cooke and bellyached about headshots, they are not exempt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Not from me! Shero doing all he can to make the B's look as bad as possible. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Shero being clever ?

Jeez.

Why not? Do you think the Pens organization are the white knights of the league? This is the same org that employed Cooke and bellyached about headshots, they are not exempt.

Come on, this isnt wrestling.   How does orpik faking help their cause.  If anything teams wish he would have got up to keep ST in the lineup.  It wasnt lucic that hit him.  Pitt def is hurting badly.  Orpik is a gritty player.  This isnt a soap opera.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think both teams were equally as bad.  I also have seen many bruins under review or fined or in the media for questionable play.  To the point that many believe the league favors the bruins for not suspending players like ference, lucic, chara etc.  

does orpik no good to have st suspended for a long time.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Shero being clever ?

Jeez.

Come on, this isnt wrestling.   How does orpik faking help their cause.  If anything teams wish he would have got up to keep ST in the lineup.  It wasnt lucic that hit him.  Pitt def is hurting badly.  Orpik is a gritty player.  This isnt a soap opera.  

Could have fooled me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shero being clever ?

Jeez.

Could have fooled me.

Valid.  Haha. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think both teams were equally as bad.  I also have seen many bruins under review or fined or in the media for questionable play.  To the point that many believe the league favors the bruins for not suspending players like ference, lucic, chara etc.  

does orpik no good to have st suspended for a long time.  

[/QUOTE]

The uninformed, jealous & unknowledgable are the ones that think this way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Doesnt take much.  A close blow to the face is all it takes. 

Oh I thought that hockey players were tough.

Two handed hack to the ankle, breaks leg "He should drink more milk".

Two shots too the visor, team puts him on LTIR "Doesn't take much".

I see :faceplam

• You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Looks like he will have to miss 3 games min. according to NHL rules about a player on IR The Penguins have games scheduled tonight, Fri. and Sat.
    1. A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minimum of seven days after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. Once a player is placed on the list, the Club may replace said player on its NHL roster with another player. All determinations that a player has suffered an injury warranting injured reserve status must be made by the Club's medical staff and in accordance with the Club's medical standards.
    2. A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NHL games for a period of not less than seven days.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Shero being clever ?

Clever? It's not like he's getting Lucic out for 10+ games. It's Thornton!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If people think Ray Shero is putting Brooks Orpik on IR so it will influence Shanahans ruling when it comes to Shawn Thornton, then your just as stupid as the posters who claimed Orpik was faking it.

This is Shawn Thornton we are talking about here, not a key player. Pittsburgh and Boston don't meet again this season.

Seriously, thats just stupid.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

People seriously think this is a ploy by Pittsburgh? What's the thought process? "Let's take a defenseman who averages 21+ minutes of ice time a night and pretend he's really hurt. We'll put him on LTIR and make it look convincing. Sure, we'll have to hold him out for at least a week but this will get Shawn Thornton a longer suspension. Losing Orpik for 3 games when he's not hurt is a small price to pay if the Bruins will be without Thornton and his 9 4th-line minutes for a few extra games. That'll show 'em!"

Come on.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

People seriously think this is a ploy by Pittsburgh? What's the thought process? "Let's take a defenseman who averages 21+ minutes of ice time a night and pretend he's really hurt. We'll put him on LTIR and make it look convincing. Sure, we'll have to hold him out for at least a week but this will get Shawn Thornton a longer suspension. Losing Orpik for 3 games when he's not hurt is a small price to pay if the Bruins will be without Thornton and his 9 4th-line minutes for a few extra games. That'll show 'em!"

Come on.

Thats not all Kennedy, not only is Shero putting Orpik on the IR falsely, Orpik was faking being knocked out!!!!!

Clearly all a pre-meditated ploy by the Penguins to get Shawn Thornton off the ice for an extended period of time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

As much as I dislike the Pens organization I can't believe that they would pull something like this to make Boston look bad and not see that all they are doing is harming themselves. They're whiny, dirty at times, soft, unethical and a few other things, but they are not brain dead.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

As much as I dislike the Pens organization I can't believe that they would pull something like this to make Boston look bad and not see that all they are doing is harming themselves. They're whiny, dirty at times, soft, unethical and a few other things, but they are not brain dead.

Haha,i like that , Penguins to a tee! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Clearly all a pre-meditated ploy by the Penguins to get Shawn Thornton off the ice for an extended period of time.

What reason do the Pens have to try to help the Bruins like that?

• Sections
    Shortcuts