Penner or Hemsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Penner or Hemsky

Penner (28) (Big body w/20 goals on a bad team, $4.25 this year and next) or Hemsky (27) (6'0 who can fly and score, $4.1 this year and next).  Is there any way to add one of these guys.  Do you think they are an upgrade over Ryder?  Enough where you'd add a prospect or draft pick to Ryder's expiring contract?  Edmonton would like to get rid of these two for 3 reasons: salary dump, get younger, and third, to go in a new direction.  Personally, I think Penner would be a great fit chemistry wise, with his playoff experience w/ ANA and his bigger body.  Age and contract are basically a wash in comparison to Hemsky.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Penner or Hemsky

In Response to Penner or Hemsky:
    Penner (28) (Big body w/20 goals on a bad team, $4.25 this year and next) or Hemsky (27) (6'0 who can fly and score, $4.1 this year and next).  Is there any way to add one of these guys.  Do you think they are an upgrade over Ryder?  Enough where you'd add a prospect or draft pick to Ryder's expiring contract?  Edmonton would like to get rid of these two for 3 reasons: salary dump, get younger, and third, to go in a new direction.  Personally, I think Penner would be a great fit chemistry wise, with his playoff experience w/ ANA and his bigger body.  Age and contract are basically a wash in comparison to Hemsky.
    Posted by CamOJonasink

HEMSKY! Hands down. He's one of those RARE pedigree "playmaking" winger. Not only can he score but he has one of the best one-on-one skills in the NHL. He's explosive, has tremendous hands and is dynamite on the PP. Penner is more comparable to a Knuble-Holmstrom mix. We need another speed skilled deamon to really open things up.

Again, like Richards, you may be looking at a Krejci/Hemsky swap as the Oilers been after Krejci for the last 2 seasons because of their need at center. Eberle-Krejci-Hall (YIKES). Unless, you can convice Edmonton to take TOR-#1 pick and a young top prospect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Penner or Hemsky:
    Posted by CamOJonasink

I'd prefer Hemsky as I think he addresses more of the team's immediate needs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

By the way, to be honest, I truly believe PC will move the TOR pick. Someone will eventually call with an offer he cannot refuse. He already stated he had recieved a couple of offers that he had "considered", maybe he will explore those further as we fet closer to the deadline.

I mean, Toronto is playing better as of late and its possible that if PC waits too long they could be looking at a 9-11 pick instead of a top-5. I say, if theresa a deal for a legit offensive threat pull the TRIGGER! GO FOR IT!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

If either costs us Krejci I'm out, but if they can find a more creative way I'd do it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

or we could trade assests for someone who's already injured instead of being dissapointed when hemsky separates his shoulder carrying his luggage on the way to boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Would you add the TOR pick to Ryder for Hemsky (or Penner)?  I would seeing this drafts not great and that pick keeps getting worse.  You would probably get a pick back for what its' worth!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Neither, penner is to slow, and Hemsky is....see (seabass).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

neither is worth the pick if its in the top 5.  Should it fall down to 7-10 I would make the gamble but would likely want Hemsky.  He has game changing ability.  Although I think Penner is the better player I believe Hemsky could be a big difference maker.
    My new idea is to target Paul Statsny.
    Statsny/Liles for DK/Kemp/Leafs Pick. 
    Statnsy is a true number 1 center. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hemsky, we already have Panner in  the form of Horton....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

trade  ryder (ufa last yaer) 4 mil  Boychuck ( 1.8 mil) and 1pick tor 2011
           for      hemsky 4.1 mil                foster      ( 1.8 mil) and penner

exchange immédiately  Penner for the 1 round pick 2011 any club race the play off ( toronto ,new york, calgary, buffalo  caroline, ect, ect

line up for this year and the next year

lucic  kreci hemsky

marchand bergeron séguin

peverly  kelly  horton

recchi  campbell thorton

chara  foster

kaberle  seindenberg

ference mcquaid

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Am I the only one that sees Hemsky as a Kessel?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

penner for me plays every nite. hemsky is a bit fragile for my taste. i was watching oil change and it seemed like the gm for the oilers would listen to offers for both but the offer would have to blow his doors off. so i wonder if ryder -Toronto pick,and a bruins prospect of there choice gets either one done?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

No thanks to both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Edmonton isn't giving either of these guys away and they aren't worth the price it would take to change their minds.  And again, why is everyone so hot to add one of the two top players on what has been the worst team in the league for two years running?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Guy plz if you have to give up To's pick i want a franchise player!  Nothing else!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Re: Penner or Hemsky:
    Guy plz if you have to give up To's pick i want a franchise player!  Nothing else!
    Posted by lucaooo

You're delusional. But if we keep the pick I hope you're right.  As we've all read weak draft and the pick is slipping as are our chances of Ryan Murphy.  This pick is now only a piece to a trade.  By the way I'm not an Oilers fan, but that show Oil Change is awesome!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Edmonton isn't giving either of these guys away and they aren't worth the price it would take to change their minds.  And again, why is everyone so hot to add one of the two top players on what has been the worst team in the league for two years running?
    Posted by Bookboy007

Because other than Hall and Eberle, they have no one to play with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah last year too peole where calling me delusional when i was telling everyone to calm down because the Bruins would make the playoffs and have a good run.  This pick willl be a top five.  The Leafs can't score...the only reason why they won some games lately is because of their goalie.  That is all about to change with their tough schedule!  Anyways you do not trade that kind of pick for a rental or an average Joe!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah last year too peole where calling me delusional when i was telling everyone to calm down because the Bruins would make the playoffs and have a good run.  This pick willl be a top five.  The Leafs can't score...the only reason why they won some games lately is because of their goalie.  That is all about to change with their tough schedule!  Anyways you do not trade that kind of pick for a rental or an average Joe!!
    Posted by lucaooo

I have all the faith in the world that Reimer will soon succumb to the pressure there is being the Leafs #1 netminder. He was average in Junior and the AHL so he is playing way over his head. Just wait until he has to face 40 quality scoring chances a night.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Penner or Hemsky : I have all the faith in the world that Reimer will soon succumb to the pressure there is being the Leafs #1 netminder. He was average in Junior and the AHL so he is playing way over his head. Just wait until he has to face 40 quality scoring chances a night.....
    Posted by jmwalters

I agree...it is easy to play under no pressure...all the bottom teams have like a good stretch when they see that there is nothing to play for but sooner rather than later TO will go back to the good old habits which is....Losing!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

I live in edmonton and the price is wayyy to high for Hemsky aND YOU DONT want Penner or Foster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=05b8b395f930d765eec4a0382d9f8a5b&plckUserId=05b8b395f930d765eec4a0382d9f8a5b">
    First: 1/4/2010
    Last: 2/24/2011
    Would you add the TOR pick to Ryder for Hemsky (or Penner)?  I would seeing this drafts not great and that pick keeps getting worse.  You would probably get a pick back for what its' worth!

THANK GOD you are not the GM--- and by the way you are the one who is delusional.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=05b8b395f930d765eec4a0382d9f8a5b&plckUserId=05b8b395f930d765eec4a0382d9f8a5b " /> CamOJonasink Posts: 138 First: 1/4/2010 Last: 2/24/2011 Would you add the TOR pick to Ryder for Hemsky (or Penner)?  I would seeing this drafts not great and that pick keeps getting worse.  You would probably get a pick back for what its' worth! THANK GOD you are not the GM--- and by the way you are the one who is delusional.
    Posted by JYaso

Not only are you delusional, you're an idiot (in bold).  What do you propose we do there GM?  Offer something out there moron!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Penner or Hemsky : I agree...it is easy to play under no pressure...all the bottom teams have like a good stretch when they see that there is nothing to play for but sooner rather than later TO will go back to the good old habits which is....Losing!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Exactly, it is just a matter of time before the order of things re-asserts itself....

Sections
Shortcuts