Penner to Kings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Penner to Kings

1st round pick another pick and minor d-man

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Penner to Kings

Terrible terrible trade for L.A.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A good trade for Edmonton, and considering how badly the Kings need another center, it might not be a bad trade for them either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Penner to Kings:
    A good trade for Edmonton, and considering how badly the Kings need another center, it might not be a bad trade for them either.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Penner is a big, slow, bodied winger like Dustin Brown. They still need a C and some speed to be able to play with Van and Det.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Great pick up. Legit cup contenders. Dustin Brown slow?

what r u watchin?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Great pick up. Legit cup contenders. Dustin Brown slow? what r u watchin?
    Posted by kelvana33

Dustin Brown does not come to mind when I think of fast. Sorry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Penner to Kings:
    1st round pick another pick and minor d-man
    Posted by kelvana33

The minor D-man, Teubert, was the #13 pick in the '08 draft.  If memory serves me correctly, he was pretty highly rated.

Add in the first round pick and the conditional second round pick, and the package seems to be about right for Penner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I will agree this looks much better for Edmonton and I think the Kings overpaid.  For the Oil to get Tuebert and a 1st round pick was a bit of a steal.

That said, for the short term the Kings are going to be better.  Penner isn't fast, but he's a pretty good player and should be better in LA than Edmonton, with better surrounding talent.

Perhaps the Kings need more speed, but Dustin Brown isn't one of the slow ones.  He's a great skater. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Brown is a good skater...and could be the best hitter in the game.  Clutterbuck and Brown would get my nods for fwds anyway. 

Penner is not slow either.  He looks it but he is very mobile for his size and an absolute beast down low.  
    Would have loved him here...so in saying that you have to give up a lot for a player like that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I will agree this looks much better for Edmonton and I think the Kings overpaid.  For the Oil to get Tuebert and a 1st round pick was a bit of a steal. That said, for the short term the Kings are going to be better.  Penner isn't fast, but he's a pretty good player and should be better in LA than Edmonton, with better surrounding talent. Perhaps the Kings need more speed, but Dustin Brown isn't one of the slow ones.  He's a great skater. 
    Posted by Fletcher1

I'm not saying Brown is skating in slow motion out on the ice, I'm just saying he isn't the speediest of players. He is a tremendous skater for a player his size. So isn't Penner. I just think the Kings need some fast guys to keep pace with the better (faster) teams atop the West.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I get Kings games for free as part of my basic cable package so I see allot their games and I went to the Bruins game when they were in town but can't figure out why they don't win with more consistency or why aren't they pushing for 1st overall after 100+ points last season.

Really good veteran coach, Absolute studs on the blueline, depth on their lines and two young good goalies. Lombardi already has Ryan Smith, Handzus, Kopitar, Brown, Simmonds and Ponikorovsky up front but thinks Penner will help still perplexed why this team doesn't score especially the way they handled Boston twice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Probably an attempt be Lombardi to kickstart his team which has been floundering this year despite hight expectations. They have the cap room for Penner and even more coming off the books next year so it is an acceptable risk....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Probably an attempt be Lombardi to kickstart his team which has been floundering this year despite hight expectations. They have the cap room for Penner and even more coming off the books next year so it is an acceptable risk....Posted by jmwalters

Hope it works they are a good young team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Penner to Kings : I'm not saying Brown is skating in slow motion out on the ice, I'm just saying he isn't the speediest of players. He is a tremendous skater for a player his size. So isn't Penner. I just think the Kings need some fast guys to keep pace with the better (faster) teams atop the West.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I think you're absolutely right about the lack of speed.  I thought they signed Sturm to help with that...maybe not.

To SanDog's point it seems like this team should be even better than they are.  They look great on paper.  I think they could have pulled someone like Cogliano from Edmonton in that same deal, giving them some true speed up front. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Penner to Kings : Hope it works they are a good young team.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Actually, so do I. Thet are fun to watch when they are clicking. Kopitar has to be one of the most underrated point-per-game man in the league..

Sections
Shortcuts