Pens are hypocrites form top to bottom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Pens are hypocrites form top to bottom

In response to kitchener's comment:[QUOTE] Thornton took down a player from behind then got on top of thim and punched him in the face twice, Sill challenged Tropp to a fight, and Tropp dropped his gloves first. Comparing apples to oranges.[/QUOTE]

Here they come. [/QUOTE]

It's a sickness that they don't know is there. Lets leave them be in their own gene pool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

If being able to look at things objectively is a sickness then I will take it. What Sill did pretty much happens on a nightly basis around the league. Not that it's right, but it's not out of the norm. Both players dropped their gloves. I don't believe there was even an instigator penalty. Comparing this to the cheapshot by Thornton is silly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Now that's really grand. Whose truth, NAS - yours?

-----------

With regards to Shawn Thornton ? Through the eyes of haters he can do no right. 

Thornton was wrong. One of the few times he was deserving of criticism for the way a 12th forward plays.

Problem is..................most of the time the "so called truth" about the player is through hate-filled glasses for some .

With that I believe truthful, credible opinions go out the door when it comes to anything regarding this player.

Childish ? Indeed !

[/QUOTE]

Please show me the post where I suggested that Shawn Thornton's actions against Brooks Orpik are to be ignored or even applaudable.

What irks me as well as a few other users on this board is Pittsburgh's course of action and the way the Penguins try to get away with anything, and the completely undeserved wave of sympathy and kowtows the Penguins organization gets - not just on this board, but from the league and in some hockey media as well. To me this is clearly a double standard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Tonight, he Blue jacket player Tropp lays a perfectly legal hit on a Pens player and what happens, the Pens player Sill lays a beating on Tropp.  Exactly the same as Thornton tried to do to Orpik.  This 2 hours after after Pens coach says he doesn't believe players have to fight to defend themselves after a legal hit.  What a bunch of hypocrites.

They were all angry because the B's beat them up the other night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If being able to look at things objectively is a sickness then I will take it. What Sill did pretty much happens on a nightly basis around the league. Not that it's right, but it's not out of the norm. Both players dropped their gloves. I don't believe there was even an instigator penalty. Comparing this to the cheapshot by Thornton is silly. 

[/QUOTE]

If you were objective, you wouldn't merely toss out the "cheapshot by Thornton" comment.  Factually, it was in response to a cheapshot, which does significantly change the context.

These boards blew up when the B's didn't respond to Savards injury, and went even more ballistic when Thornton "only' engaged in 1 little fisticuff with Cooke the next time they played.

I can't think of one poster here, who doesn't think Thornton deserves a suspension.  Some think an important message was sent though, and feel bad a generally honest player will have to take some pretty tough medicine.

I'm in that group.  I wish it didn't happen, I'm sorry he'll be suspended, but I'm not going to throw him under a bus for doing something he got crucified for not doing previously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[/QUOTE]

If you were objective, you wouldn't merely toss out the "cheapshot by Thornton" comment.  Factually, it was in response to a cheapshot, which does significantly change the context.

These boards blew up when the B's didn't respond to Savards injury, and went even more ballistic when Thornton "only' engaged in 1 little fisticuff with Cooke the next time they played.

I can't think of one poster here, who doesn't think Thornton deserves a suspension.  Some think an important message was sent though, and feel bad a generally honest player will have to take some pretty tough medicine.

I'm in that group.  I wish it didn't happen, I'm sorry he'll be suspended, but I'm not going to throw him under a bus for doing something he got crucified for not doing previously.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you.........Thornton did what he gets paid over 1M from the Bruins to do......Orpik got taken out on a stretcher and it's really unfortunate but this outcome wasn't Thornton's intention..........Thornton admitted he went overboard and whatever penalty he gets he will pay his dues like a man......lets move on......

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he is referring to those who come in here clearly not showing an understanding of the hockey code like Canadiens organization, the Canucks, the Penguins, etc.

It's just ironic some Bruins fans, fans that watch a team play within the code so well through the years, cannot see or know what the hockey code even is.

What Thornton did is no different what McSorley did to Brashear in 2000 when Brashear ran Dafoe with Dafoe blowing out an ACL.

You don't run players who don't have the puck and cheap shot them, only to not stand up and honor the code.

Orpik flopped to the ice like a wuss after being 3rd man in on Campbell, which made Thornton go beserk.

Now, we're fielding a JV Squad because teams in the East are cheapshotting our players left and right as a strategy to harm our players because they know they can't beat our team fairly.

[/QUOTE]

lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Comparing this to the cheapshot by Thornton is silly. 

[/QUOTE]

Are they comparing this to Thornton,s cheapshot or Orpik not answering the bell? Players know when the bell has to be answered as Tropp did, as Cooke did and as Orpik didn,t. I think the base behind this discussion is the pens saying you dont have to answer the bell for a questionable ( I refuse to say clean ) hit & how Sill went after Tropp. Orpik should have answered the bell when Thornton came knocking the 1st time! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Or was Thornton wrong for challenging him the 1st time? I said it before on here, look at Orpik on youtube & the hits he dishes out, the timing of them, the questionable nature of them. Most hits are vicious with intent to hurt, the player playing the puck some just in the vincinity, Orpik just beelining the player with no regard to the puck, & off he skates to the bench. At 220, check out his fights? He isnt entering one unless he,s a overwelming favorite. Is Orpik sorry Ericsson has suffered his 2nd concussion in 6 weeks?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Correction: Please exclude current Penguins player development coach Bill Guerin from the "hypocrite" assessment - not because he's a former Bruin, but because, to my recollection, he was the only Penguin who called out Coward Cooke and Colin Campbell because of Cooke's cheapshot against Marc Savard and Campbell's obvious incompetence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm starting to like Thornton more and more every day of this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you.........Thornton did what he gets paid over 1M from the Bruins to do......Orpik got taken out on a stretcher and it's really unfortunate but this outcome wasn't Thornton's intention..........Thornton admitted he went overboard and whatever penalty he gets he will pay his dues like a man......lets move on......

[/QUOTE]

After initially saying it was accidental, James Neal finally apologises for his stupid hit..........

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=695293&cmpid=rss-kasan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pucman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Or was Thornton wrong for challenging him the 1st time? I said it before on here, look at Orpik on youtube & the hits he dishes out, the timing of them, the questionable nature of them. Most hits are vicious with intent to hurt, the player playing the puck some just in the vincinity, Orpik just beelining the player with no regard to the puck, & off he skates to the bench. At 220, check out his fights? He isnt entering one unless he,s a overwelming favorite. Is Orpik sorry Ericsson has suffered his 2nd concussion in 6 weeks?

[/QUOTE]

When Johnny Boychuk throw his big hits, do you think he's trying to play the puck?  If he does and another team's goon is upset, should Boychuk fight him? 

If Boychuk cranked Moulson, do you want him to fight John Scott?

Or if he blew up Kadri, do you think he should drop them with McLaren or Orr?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

When Johnny Boychuk throw his big hits, do you think he's trying to play the puck?  If he does and another team's goon is upset, should Boychuk fight him? 

If Boychuk cranked Moulson, do you want him to fight John Scott?

Or if he blew up Kadri, do you think he should drop them with McLaren or Orr?

I think Boychuk would answer the bell honestly.Would I want or Boychuk want? no.....did Cooke want to? no..... He did & it was water under the bridge afterwards

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's really sad is that Rusty believes all of the conspiracies that he writes about.

So, so sad.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I see they have all but chased you out and cured of the Pats side so now you're infecting us again.

Great.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see they have all but chased you out and cured of the Pats side so now you're infecting us again.

Great.

[/QUOTE]

I see you're a Jacobs Lover and are a wuss here on this board still.  Tell us again how great Jacobs is and how you;re a superfan.

The best is watching Kitchener call you out here. Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

And how many people call you out in the Patriots forum?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You think that's fun?  Wait until Pauly1 has a few drinks and stops by.

Pure comedy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You think that's fun?  Wait until Pauly1 has a few drinks and stops by.

Pure comedy.

[/QUOTE]

Until your bound and gagged in his basement covered in lipstick as he peels your toe nails off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Great.

[/QUOTE]

I see you're a Jacobs Lover and are a wuss here on this board still.  Tell us again how great Jacobs is and how you;re a superfan.

[/QUOTE]

And how many people call you out in the Patriots forum?

[/QUOTE]

All of them.  He's pretty beat down over there, so he's trying to win some friends here.

So far:

1.  Kitchener
    2.  ?

Sections
Shortcuts