Pens can't help being dirty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Pens can't help being dirty

Engelland just whacked Abdelkader in the head.

It was a 5 minute major and Abdelkader got helped to the locker room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Pens can't help being dirty

Detroit wishes they had Shawn Thornton right now...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just saw the replay and Engelland is gone for some games!

Stay classy Pittsburgh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

No not the Pens they can do no wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just saw the replay and Engelland is gone for some games!

Stay classy Pittsburgh!

where?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll give you a hint - Al Gore invented it and your on it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I'm sure Mario is outraged ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/12/pittsburghs-deryk-engelland-given-for-hit-to-head-of-detroits-justin-abdelkader-video/2/

Nah it's a hockey play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

I'm sure it was just a hockey play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

To me it appears that Engelland looks up at the last second and it seems his eyes focus right on Abdelkader's jaw.  You might say that he was focusing on his chest, but in any event he clearly has the target in sight, it's not as if the player moves suddenly or something.  I think that should be a little more severe than 2 games because I think it looks like there is intent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

I'm sure it was just a hockey play.

Disgusting hit , this is getting out of hand . These clowns will never get it , there is no need for this Garbage .With that being said , Shammy will teach him a lesson , and give Engelland 2 games 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

5 games. Oh, wait it was clearly a hockey play and upon closer review the offending player has a skating bird on his sweater. And a repeat offender nonetheless. 3 games tops. This has become a flippin' joke. Thornton will take his lumps, serve his suspension, and rightfully so. But I will say that if I were in a barroom parking lot and someone drove his shoulder into one of my buddies head and then drove a knee into the head of another I would have no problem getting one of the DB's on the ground and wailing away on the face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Lol!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

To me it appears that Engelland looks up at the last second and it seems his eyes focus right on Abdelkader's jaw.  You might say that he was focusing on his chest, but in any event he clearly has the target in sight, it's not as if the player moves suddenly or something.  I think that should be a little more severe than 2 games because I think it looks like there is intent.

It's a bad hit.  100% contact with the head.  He'll get suspended without question.

I think it's careless, but not intentional.

Looking at the play, I can't tell where his eyes are focused.  You're superhuman, BHab.

What the common person sees:

What BHab sees:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

gotta like that elbow follow through after the hit...ole

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Badhab is 100% correct .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TomOBrien's comment:

gotta like that elbow follow through after the hit...ole

That shows me that he wasn't aware that he only got head.  If he knew he had smoked him in the head, he'd be a fool to magnify it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This is literally becoming a nightly thing now.

Might be time to start putting some guidelines in place like if a team has 3 players suspended during the course of a season, maybe start taking away draft picks or something. Probably unrealistic but I don't see fines to franchises doing much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Might be time to start putting some guidelines in place like if a team has 3 players suspended during the course of a season, maybe start taking away draft picks or something. Probably unrealistic but I don't see fines to franchises doing much.

It's actually pretty simple. If you want these type of hits to stop you have to make the punishment sting. Keep nickel & diming on the punishment and they'll continue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

It's a bad hit.  100% contact with the head.  He'll get suspended without question.

I think it's careless, but not intentional.

Looking at the play, I can't tell where his eyes are focused.  You're superhuman, BHab.

What the common person sees:

What BHab sees:

My point still stands.  Call it intuition that I think he seems to focus on the jaw.  Regardless of that and as I said he is clearly aware of his target and where the player is, the player does not change his position in any significant way from the time of that image until contact.

And you're one to talk, your vision is horrible.  

You can't even tell when Taylor Hall wears a Red Sox hat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

He needs to meet with Shanny...just heard it on Hockey Night in Canada

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"he wasn't aware that he only got head"

Typically ahh you should probably notice I would think...

The head is connected to the jawbone, the jawbone is connected to the head...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

It's actually pretty simple. If you want these type of hits to stop you have to make the punishment sting. Keep nickel & diming on the punishment and they'll continue.

I agree, but you cant give 2 games to a guy one year and 20 to a guy the next for the same hit. If they were to go drastic it would have to be drawn up in the off-season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Malkin shoulder to the head of Couturier in 2012;Malkin slashes Marc Staal right on the head last season.  Malkin boards Mitchell of the Nuck Nuck a few years ago.  Malkin blatantly slew-foots Paul Mara in 2008 playoffs while the latter was just dumping an EN goal.

I'm no fan of the Flyers, Blueshirts, or Nucks, but I'm starting to hate Shrek more than Cindy lately.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Malkin shoulder to the head of Couturier in 2012;Malkin slashes Marc Staal right on the head last season.  Malkin boards Mitchell of the Nuck Nuck a few years ago.  Malkin blatantly slew-foots Paul Mara in 2008 playoffs while the latter was just dumping an EN goal.

I'm no fan of the Flyers, Blueshirts, or Nucks, but I'm starting to hate Shrek more than Cindy lately.

Is he a gutless puuke, similar to your Boston Bruins last season?

Sections
Shortcuts