Pens Get Rasked

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Pens Get Rasked

Great work from Tuukka, with a little help from his friends.

Krejci line was dyn-o-mite.

Special shout out to Chris Kelly who played like a changed man today.

Keep it up boys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Pens Get Rasked

Great team effort tonight all around and Rask was dominant tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Keep it up boys.

I don't think they've faced an overall team defense like the Bruins so far in these playoffs, Wheats.  After they withstood the early and expected Pens onslaught in the opening minutes of the game they found their form.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

A total team effort by the B's, they were patient and let the Pens come to them and shut them down, At times the Pens looked in control but the team defence got us thur. Rask was great but the D didn't allow much to the Pens. Jagr and the 3rd line didn't score but came close and kept the Pens from scoring. All the lines were playing well which is why we shut them out.

The Bruins played a smart game and if they can continue this we can win. I as a fan was very proud they stopped Iggy and the rest of this powerhouse to show the Bruins don't care and are for real. The next game won't be as easy but a good showing by the B's is important, if they win the Pens could be done because their confidence would be gone and the B's would be in contol.

This is still along series and the Bruins now know how to beat them, they have to stay the couse and GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Keep it up boys.

I don't think they've faced an overall team defense like the Bruins so far in these playoffs, Wheats.  After they withstood the early and expected Pens onslaught in the opening minutes of the game they found their form.

Agree right on the money. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They threw a lot at the Bruins and still lost.  I wonder if this enters the minds of the Pens and their fans regarding whether they can play any better than they did tonight. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Rask made some great saves, but the Pens also failed to capitalize on a number of great scoring opportunities. If the Pens score on some of those early opportunties, it could have been a different game. Thankfully they didn't.

Bruins have to stick to their game plan. Julien said, they don't tend to fare well when they try to "run and gun" which they did early on in the game.

We'll see what game 2 brings, but Rask and the Bruins are going to have to play some great D, while capitalizing themselves on the opportunities they get at the other end.  The more they stiffle the Pens offense, the tighter their sticks will become......

GO BRUINS!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

Rask made some great saves, but the Pens also failed to capitalize on a number of great scoring opportunities. If the Pens score on some of those early opportunties, it could have been a different game. Thankfully they didn't.

Bruins have to stick to their game plan. Julien said, they don't tend to fare well when they try to "run and gun" which they did early on in the game.

We'll see what game 2 brings, but Rask and the Bruins are going to have to play some great D, while capitalizing themselves on the opportunities they get at the other end.  The more they stiffle the Pens offense, the tighter their sticks will become......

GO BRUINS!!

4ever - the Bs has a few odd man rushes too...including a 1 1/2 on 0  shorthanded(Marchand's non call) where Bergeron could/should have scored. Jagr also led a 3 on one I think and they came away with nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

GO BRUINS!!

4ever - the Bs has a few odd man rushes too...including a 1 1/2 on 0  shorthanded(Marchand's non call) where Bergeron could/should have scored. Jagr also led a 3 on one I think and they came away with nothing.

Yes they did, and I was shocked and thrilled at the same time. I don't expect we'll see that again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

And according to Julien, Rask is "normal"!

"I told you the other day he's normal. Tuukka's normal, really.  And you know what I'm not going to get into Timmy.  But I know that, I'm just saying Tuukka is normal like when I say normal as I've ever seen in a goaltender, Mike could talk to him during periods and go talk to him about a couple of things.  I wouldn't dare do that with any other goaltender I've had in the past.  They're in their bubble.  But with him he listens and it's no problem, so on and so forth.  So that's Tuukka.  Very relaxed but you've seen the other side of him when things don't go his way, he's got a temper. That to me is normal."

Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Weiner Scent!