Pepe Le Pew...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Pepe Le Pew...

Everybody is up in arms in Quebec because the coach of the Montreal Canadiens doesn't speak FRENCH!!!!

What a joke!!!  They should be more concerned about the win/lose column.....

but hey, as long as they keep losing, I'm happy.

I hear Pepe Le Pew is available....see how that works for them!!! Bon Chance!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Pepe Le Pew...

They don't want Pepe either...he's Parisian, mon dieu! Quebecor only!

They will accept Cunneyworth if he learns french and wins. I understand his first word of french, taught to him by management, was "plonger". lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i am in no way fluent in french... but i'm going out on a limb and and assume that "plonger" = what greg louganis did to win a bunch of gold medals?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew...:
    i am in no way fluent in french... but i'm going out on a limb and and assume that "plonger" = what greg louganis did to win a bunch of gold medals?
    Posted by adkbeesfan

You are correct, sir! My french is limited too, but I'm pretty sure I got that word right ;) If I didn't I'm sure some of our french-speaking posters will correct me ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Totally crazy.  I love the Quebec government getting involved.  Don't these drama queens have anything better to worry about.

I remember watching Randy Cunneyworth play for the Whalers.  I always kind of liked him.

I hope he fails, and is replaced by a whiney theatrical frenchmen, who fails even worse.

Fire Julien -- he isn't Irish-Catholic!  Say Chowdah!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Ha! That's good, Fletch. I say now that we are officially out of Iraq we invade Quebec and make English the official, sole language. The rest of Canada would thank us.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

where's john candy when you need him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxFanPeds. Show BoSoxFanPeds's posts

French this, a boot in the bass is all the players in Montreal will understand anyway......Losing is ok with them and they can sleep with it...Firing players is what is needed in Montreal...Letting loose the payroll is a problem...firing who signed these guys has to go too....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

They should be screaming for an anglophonic, deutchophonic, or russophonic GM. ...Gauthier is a bust in any language.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : where's john candy when you need him?
    Posted by adkbeesfan

No kidding....all we need is a militarized RV, a handful of regular army troops and a long weekend and it's a done deal. Quebec will be ours! HAHAHA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Totally crazy.  I love the Quebec government getting involved.  Don't these drama queens have anything better to worry about. I remember watching Randy Cunneyworth play for the Whalers.  I always kind of liked him. I hope he fails, and is replaced by a whiney theatrical frenchmen, who fails even worse. Fire Julien -- he isn't Irish-Catholic!  Say Chowdah!!
    Posted by Fletcher1

That whiney theatrical Frenchman could likely be Patrick Roy!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : That whiney theatrical Frenchman could likely be Patrick Roy!! 
    Posted by scottm50

Good point.  A lot of rumblings about Roy taking over for Joe Sacco here in Denver too.  I hope he goes to Montreal.  I think he'll be a lousy coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's been on going since Saturday. Really pathetic !
    I prefer listening to the French when discussing hockey as they're much more objective than the bias English but when this language topic pops up they're (the french) are nor reasonable.
    Basically,  if the best coach or GM out there does not speak English they'de rather take 3rd , 4th grade coach as long as he speaks French. It's media driven and then of course the politicians get involved for votes.
    They seem to forget Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman didn't speak French nor did they ever try to pick it up.  Those guys won cups and so the French had nothing to complain about and for some reason they understood English.  Today they say they don't understand what Cunneyworth is saying in English.
    Repression !
    Poor Randy Cunneyworth is he's a dead man walking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I was listening to a Montreal correspondent on THE FAN 590 over the weekend who said Hab fans are frothing at the mouth over this situation but they'd be far more pacified if any Hab coach spoke mostly French and had only passable English.  He also speculated Gauthier canned Martin to save his own neck.  As I recall the coach of their '71 Cup champs, Al Macneil struggled mightily with French, perhaps not speaking it at all.  I wonder if they forgave him before or after the parade downtown? 

Nick Kypreos found this statement from team owner Geoff Molson curious: "Although our main priority remains to win hockey games and to keep improving as a team, it is obvious that the ability for the head coach to express himself in both French and English will be a very important factor in the selection of the permanent head coach."

He said if he were a Hab and read those words he'd be thinking that he didn't have to listen to Cunneyworth because he wasn't the permanent guy.  I also saw where Impératif Français, a nationalist group based in Gatineau, Quebec has called for a boycott of Molson products to protest the hiring of Cunneyworth along with another group, Mouvement Québec Français.  Bananas!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He wasn't horrid as a Juniors coach, well except for inciting his children to violence.

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Good point.  A lot of rumblings about Roy taking over for Joe Sacco here in Denver too.  I hope he goes to Montreal.  I think he'll be a lousy coach.
    Posted by Fletcher1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It's been on going since Saturday. Really pathetic ! I prefer listening to the French when discussing hockey as they're much more objective than the bias English but when this language topic pops up they're (the french) are nor reasonable. Basically,  if the best coach or GM out there does not speak English they'de rather take 3rd , 4th grade coach as long as he speaks French. It's media driven and then of course the politicians get involved for votes. They seem to forget Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman didn't speak French nor did they ever try to pick it up.  Those guys won cups and so the French had nothing to complain about and for some reason they understood English.  Today they say they don't understand what Cunneyworth is saying in English. Repression ! Poor Randy Cunneyworth is he's a dead man walking.
    Posted by BsLegion

Keeping the seat warm for Patrick Roy ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I also saw where Impératif Français, a nationalist group based in Gatineau, Quebec has called for a boycott of Molson products to protest the hiring of Cunneyworth along with another group, Mouvement Québec Français.  Bananas!
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Let's call these people what they are: racists!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I can't recall the reaction when non-French speaking American George Gillette stepped forward to buy the Habs when no one else in Quebec did.  Perhaps someone else can.  Was he burned in effigy? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : No kidding....all we need is a militarized RV, a handful of regular army troops and a long weekend and it's a done deal. Quebec will be ours! HAHAHA!
    Posted by WalkTheLine

And nobody could come help because the phones would be jammed with 911 calls about a guy who's referencing a guy who dressed in black instead of the Blanc,Bleu & Rouge beating them up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Where's Dez! If you think it's bad in PQ. In NB is just as foolish sometimes. The ONLY Bi-lingual Province in Canada certainly has the scale leaning in the minorities favor.

Which reminds me since were on this topic. Dez do you know the details, about the NB court of appeals upholding a ruling of letting a french speaking man get off scott free off a DUI, because the arresting officer couldn't speak French even though he was caught in a English community!

So in my home province as long as you speak French you can drive drunk as long as you do it in an English community!  And Dez I'm sure can also tell you that the English exam for the French to take to become Bi-lingo; is a 1/4 of the thickness that the French one is for the English!

Which the reason is that in NB it's called "Acadian French" which basically is a political correct way of saying "SLANG" french.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Where's Dez! If you think it's bad in PQ. In NB is just as foolish sometimes. The ONLY Bi-lingual Province in Canada certainly has the scale leaning in the minorities favor. Which reminds me since were on this topic. Dez do you know the details, about the NB court of appeals upholding a ruling of letting a french speaking man get off scott free off a DUI, because the arresting officer couldn't speak French even though he was caught in a English community! So in my home province as long as you speak French you can drive drunk as long as you do it in an English community!  And Dez I'm sure can also tell you that the English exam for the French to take to become Bi-lingo; is a 1/4 of the thickness that the French one is for the English! Which the reason is that in NB it's called "Acadian French" which basically is a political correct way of saying "SLANG" french.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Je travaille avec Guy a la discoteque.........that's all the H.S. french I can recall. Yeah Nite, the story of the French drunk driver is true. His rights were supposedly violated by having them read to him in English. I believe the guy was bilingual too but he wanted to hear his rights in French. Ingenious little drunkard really.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Je travaille avec Guy a la discoteque.........that's all the H.S. french I can recall. Yeah Nite, the story of the French drunk driver is true. His rights were supposedly violated by having them read to him in English. I believe the guy was bilingual too but he wanted to hear his rights in French. Ingenious little drunkard really.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Ya if only that would work here... Sir have you been drinking? Que?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think Manitoba is the only province that handles this correctly. They don't go crazy with French language laws (they'e not even officially bilingual) but in their French towns and communities, and they have some sizable ones like St. Boniface in Winnipeg (the Peg's about 15 per cent francophone), the signage is all bilingual and they try to hire cops that are bilingual. But it's not the be all and end all.

This needs to stop being all blown out of proportion by the language police.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think Manitoba is the only province that handles this correctly. They don't go crazy with French language laws (they'e not even officially bilingual) but in their French towns and communities, and they have some sizable ones like St. Boniface in Winnipeg (the Peg's about 15 per cent francophone), the signage is all bilingual and they try to hire cops that are bilingual. But it's not the be all and end all. This needs to stop being all blown out of proportion by the language police.
    Posted by red75

Oh RED! NB is a beautiful Province & it is for the most part full of great peeps like Dez & I  Innocent, but the language issue I don't miss, but now in AB my kid gets in trouble in school for saying Merry Christmas to a classmate who's an immigrant. But, that's another story for another day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Je travaille avec Guy a la discoteque.........that's all the H.S. french I can recall. Yeah Nite, the story of the French drunk driver is true. His rights were supposedly violated by having them read to him in English. I believe the guy was bilingual too but he wanted to hear his rights in French. Ingenious little drunkard really.
    Posted by dezaruchi

C'mon guys...the 'drunk' story can't possibly be true,........ can it???
    Really be interested to see where I can get more info on that.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... :  Keeping the seat warm for Patrick Roy ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

If any of you can recall when Mario Tremblay became coach of the Habs ?  History will repeat itself.  Roy will get into an arguement with Price ,  they will trade him and Price will win a cup with another team.  LOL.

Sections
Shortcuts