Pepe Le Pew...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Pepe Le Pew...

In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : If any of you can recall when Mario Tremblay became coach of the Habs ?  History will repeat itself.  Roy will get into an arguement with Price ,  they will trade him and Price will win a cup with another team.  LOL.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I could see Roy's personality causing problems. Price ? I've never been sold on him as a goalie who can win a cup. Even in the WJHC where they won I was not that excited with his play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : I could see Roy's personality causing problems. Price ? I've never been sold on him as a goalie who can win a cup. Even in the WJHC where they won I was not that excited with his play.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Chowdah - The holidays got you down or something? You've been rather surly and negative lately.

Price is one of the best goalies in the NHL and IMO, Stanley Cup winning caliber if the team around him is good enough. Is he capable of what Thomas did in last season's playoffs? No, but who is?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I am happy that I am Bruins fan when I hear all the commotion and turbulence in HAB land. Sometimes sports can be too political, professional football (soccer) in Europe has multi cultural coaches and GM's.

Overall I feel bad for Cunneyworth, if he gets fire maybe PC can give him a job here in Boston ( scouting/AHL coach) just to pee off the Mtl fans.

Sometimes people are just unhappy about everything involving their fav. sports team. Montreal mistake was letting go Muller and Bouchard (scarface). Guathier/ mngt. should of the gotten the axe first.

My wife is French Canadian back ground and always say they are too politically correct in Quebec, most will never change their ways. She will not go to Quebec for a vacation. She would rather go to NY,BST or eastern Canada.

If Cunneyworth needs a translator i hear steve martin can speak French, he can dress like inspector clouseau and say  " I want a humbueger." Cunneyworth can whisper in Stevev's ear" no no wait it is Hamburger," steve replies " what is a humbureger."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Oh RED! NB is a beautiful Province & it is for the most part full of great peeps like Dez & I  , but the language issue I don't miss, but now in AB my kid gets in trouble in school for saying Merry Christmas to a classmate who's an immigrant. But, that's another story for another day.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong nite - Moncton's one of my favourite places in the whole country (closed down Fat Tuesday's many a night - is it still around?) Just think the whole language issue in this country could be handled with more common sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : C'mon guys...the 'drunk' story can't possibly be true,........ can it??? Really be interested to see where I can get more info on that.  
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/search/article/1464769

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Chowdah - The holidays got you down or something? You've been rather surly and negative lately. Price is one of the best goalies in the NHL and IMO, Stanley Cup winning caliber if the team around him is good enough. Is he capable of what Thomas did in last season's playoffs? No, but who is?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Surly ? Negative ? Not really feeling that way. I'll try to be more chipper and positive. ( Going to the pharmacy after I'm done here ). Tomorrow when I post, this will be me. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGpI8bfep0 

Yes he is one of the best goalies in the NHL and has good stats.......during the regular season.

Being a good goalie during the regular season doesn't necessarily give you a cup in June. He's 5-11 with only 1 playoff series win in the playoffs.

There's a long list of goalies who have been said to be the best goalies in the game who have never won the cup. Maybe he can be like Tony Esposito . Win a cup in Montreal not playing a game in the playoffs riding the bench and watching Rogie Vachon do his thing . Then go on to a brilliant career and win nothing.

Or be like a Roberto Luongo, Ed Giacomin, Curtis Joseph, Ron Hextall , Mike Liut etc... and not win nothing. 

There's something about Price's play that has always made me a doubter. Whether it's letting in a soft goal, not being the main factor in winning big games ( IMO he wasn't in the WJHC ) or just the impression he gives me about being a goalie who has a nonchalant attitude. I could be wrong about him but him being a Hab I hope I'm right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Surly ? Negative ? Not really feeling that way. I'll try to be more chipper and positive. ( Going to the pharmacy after I'm done here ). Tomorrow when I post, this will be me.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGpI8bfep0   Yes he is one of the best goalies in the NHL and has good stats.......during the regular season. Being a good goalie during the regular season doesn't necessarily give you a cup in June. He's 5-11 with only 1 playoff series win in the playoffs. There's a long list of goalies who have been said to be the best goalies in the game who have never won the cup. Maybe he can be like Tony Esposito . Win a cup in Montreal not playing a game in the playoffs riding the bench and watching Rogie Vachon do his thing . Then go on to a brilliant career and win nothing. Or be like a Roberto Luongo, Ed Giacomin, Curtis Joseph, Ron Hextall , Mike Liut etc... and not win nothing.    There's something about Price's play that has always made me a doubter. Whether it's letting in a soft goal, not being the main factor in winning big games ( IMO he wasn't in the WJHC ) or just the impression he gives me about being a goalie who has a nonchalant attitude. I could be wrong about him but him being a Hab I hope I'm right.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Haha! Nice link! Good luck wit dat.

I hear ya on Price, and I hope you're right. I just don't know. He played pretty well against the B's last year he just was on the inferior team overall. Some of those goalies you listed were easily good enough to win a cup but just weren't on the better team when they fell short.

Cheers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : Don't get me wrong nite - Moncton's one of my favourite places in the whole country (closed down Fat Tuesday's many a night - is it still around?) Just think the whole language issue in this country could be handled with more common sense.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

no, it's been closed for quite some time.  i'm guessing at least 10 years??  it's a sushi place now.  the asians running it can't speak french, even though nite keeps saying you can't get a job in nb if you don't speak french.  maybe he should get in the sushi racket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : no, it's been closed for quite some time.  i'm guessing at least 10 years??  it's a sushi place now.  the asians running it can't speak french, even though nite keeps saying you can't get a job in nb if you don't speak french.  maybe he should get in the sushi racket.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    The opportunity in AB in that trade is much better here too. Did I "actually" say that you can't get a job in NB without parle vousing? I do know that it's next to impossible to get a Gov't job without it, but I didn't think I actually typed it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : The opportunity in AB in that trade is much better here too. Did I "actually" say that you can't get a job in NB without parle vousing? I do know that it's next to impossible to get a Gov't job without it, but I didn't think I actually typed it.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

i thought you said it in the past.  you're right about a gov't job though.

i'd probably try a restaurant called black & gold sushi.  it's got a nice ring to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : i thought you said it in the past.  you're right about a gov't job though. i'd probably try a restaurant called black & gold sushi.  it's got a nice ring to it.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    GREAT MEMORY! I did say it before when I went on a tagent about my wife not being able to get a full time nursing job in NB because she wasn't fluently Bi-lingo.

I love that Sushi name bud! Matter of fact when I open mine up here in Calgary, I'll give you a copyright fee! Wonder how many Calgarians that are Canuck fans would come in? Especially if I had a Sushi dish called "20 past Luo,Lou!" Or "The Biting Burrow!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : If any of you can recall when Mario Tremblay became coach of the Habs ?  History will repeat itself.  Roy will get into an arguement with Price ,  they will trade him and Price will win a cup with another team.  LOL.
    Yea If TT didn't listen to Roy in CO. in 96' I don't think Price would either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Gauthier is done. No way Molson will keep him around with all the bad signing/ drafting mistakes related to him and the scounting disaster named Timmins. Trading for a guy like Kaberle with 2 years remaining at 4 per is the last nail in the coffin. This organisation need a MAJOR overhaul and they need to start on a clean state. You build around guys like Price,Subban and Paccioretti. You do everything in your power to get ride of Cammalleri, Gionta and other expensive pieces who bring very few to the table. Of course, for a Bruins fan perspective, that's a good news to see Montreal falling apart but as an hockey fan, not so much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pepe Le Pew... : just like Vietnam,Afghanistan or Iraq? oh no wait we are not a third world counrty.... i still remember W.Bush on that aircraft carrier, saying "we win!!!"  in fact did you ever know that the only war the USA win by themself(whitout any allies) is against Grenade in 1983...a poor country the size of the Montreal island ,with a population of 80 000 and only 5000 military..... U.S. military is a farce,only good to attack smaller and poorest country. BTW how's your economy these days? should i sponsor one of your kids via World Vision soon?
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

Kordic, going to politics and knocking the US military, the country, people in poverty etc....low class...

Why not talk about the Habs??

Oh, yeah.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just heard there will be a rally outside the Bell Centre on the 7th of January to protest the Habs for having a coach (and it's only interim) that does not speak French.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The funny part about NB is that its Frenglish.  Its like a bunch of drunk english speaking people making fun of French and using a few french and english words. 

And that little DUI has happened more than once as well as speeding tickets etc etc.  There is actually French Court in NS where we have to bring in a French member. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

[QUOTE]Just heard there will be a rally outside the Bell Centre on the 7th of January to protest the Habs for having a coach (and it's only interim) that does not speak French.

Wow!!  They should protest that the players on the roster aren't playing hockey!!

This English/French coach thing really bothers me, its why I started this thread...I really don't understand how what language you speak should matter, as long as you are the best man/woman for the job!!  I could care less if Julien spoke only Russian as long as the Bruins performed well under him and won the cup!!  I think the whole situation has been hyped up by the media and the politicians to sell papers and to get votes. Shame on you guys!!!! 

Politicians should concentrate on creating more jobs, better education systems, better health care, and at least a million other things I could think of before they start making statements about NHL head coaches!! Give me a F-ing break!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]The funny part about NB is that its Frenglish.  Its like a bunch of drunk english speaking people making fun of French and using a few french and english words.  And that little DUI has happened more than once as well as speeding tickets etc etc.  There is actually French Court in NS where we have to bring in a French member. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Yep! My Dad speaks it & he said he couldn't have a french convo with a Quebecer because it's so different.

Sections
Shortcuts