Per 985 the sports hub bruins extend Lucic 3 years at 6 mill per season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Per 985 the sports hub bruins extend Lucic 3 years at 6 mill per season

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems a little steep to me he better stop floating and be a recking ball again or he is going to have a huge bulls eye on him makeing that kind of money. Glad he is back on the team but this seems to be crazy money.

[/QUOTE]

Just saw this too and I feel the same way. Very happy to get him locked up but my immediate reaction was that he's $1M overpaid. Glad he's signed nevertheless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Any chance you can limit the length of your titles?  Your threads are as annoying as a troll in that respect.

As for Lucic's contract, you may have failed to notice his 56 goals, 67 assists, 276 PIM and 368 hits over the past two years.  I'm not sure how a guy who floats can post those totals.

It seems a little high for you?  Would you be able to sleep better at night if it were $5.8M/yr?  How about if it were $5.75M?  Every contract that gets signed, someone here says something like this.  "I think it's a bit high" or "I would be happier if was a little lower".  I read it as, "I wish they got him at a bargain basement price."

The guy is a complete beast.  It's a great deal.  I'm thrilled he's worry free for the next three years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just saw this too and I feel the same way. Very happy to get him locked up but my immediate reaction was that he's $1M overpaid. Glad he's signed nevertheless.

[/QUOTE]

What $5M/yr player are you comparing him to?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

What $5M/yr player are you comparing him to?

[/QUOTE]

NAS I wasn't comparing him to anyone in particular. Just saying that because from the beginning, I was thinking his deal would be in the $5M range and if it was more that that, it would have been a 4 or 5 year term. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's grossly overpaid, I just wish PC could have locked him up for an extra year at that average. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Market price is market price.  What does a $6M player look like?

If you wanted him at $5M, give me a few $5M players that you are using as a measuring stick.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]

Market price is market price.  What does a $6M player look like?

If you wanted him at $5M, give me a few $5M players that you are using as a measuring stick.

[/QUOTE]

Scott Hartnell, as much as he is hated around here, signed a 6 year 4,750,000 per year deal.

On the other hand, what $6M player are you comparing him to?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

$5M hockey players:

Tomas Plekanec

Ryan Kesler

Ales Hemsky

Mike Ribeiro

James Neal

Do you believe Lucic is on the same level as these guys?  Also keep in mind that, with extending him for three more years, they've bought some free agency years.

How many teams out there would offer UFA Lucic more than your proposed  $5M? 

Answer:  29

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Your right about lucic's numbers all around I am guessing there is no player with similar numbers like that. I guess in my head I just think the 6 mil a year and up should be superstar calibe playerr. Lucic's unique good very good player but hes not a superstar. Maybe this is just the market value. like you said. I am glad hes back but not in love with the 6 mil a year price tag and if hes makeing that kind of money and takes nights off and doesn't wana move his legs or be fully engaged physicaly its not going to sit well with the fans. On the bright side at least the bruins have got some key members under contract unlike the last time there was a lockout what a mess that was.

[/QUOTE]

201 hits, 26th in the league.  This whole "takes nights off" is folklore.  If a Boston fan is unhappy with Lucic, maybe that fan should follow the Dandy Habs instead. 

Superstars in the NHL make $8M+.  If Lucic is under contract for 25% less, how can anyone complain?

Again, if you think he's only worth $5M, tell me who you are using to determine this number.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]

$5M hockey players:

Tomas Plekanec

Ryan Kesler

Ales Hemsky

Mike Ribeiro

James Neal

Do you believe Lucic is on the same level as these guys?  Also keep in mind that, with extending him for three more years, they've bought some free agency years.

How many teams out there would offer UFA Lucic more than your proposed  $5M? 

Answer:  29

[/QUOTE]

I see your point about the UFA years but I think they only bought one of those. That`s exactly why I was saying it would have made more sense to have that cap hit for a longer term. Even just one year longer.

Taylor Hall & Zetterberg are making $6M. Do you see Looch in the same category as those 2?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Somewhat dissapointed the contractl's only 3 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not comparing him to any $6M players.  I believe the B's worked on this deal for a long time with Lucic's agents and this is the number they both agreed upon.  If it's $500K more or less, not much changes.

I prefer to be happy that the guy is going to be banging bodies while wearing a Bruins jersey for at least another four seasons.

Crying that it's "a little too much" is absurd.

As for paying him more than Bergeron:  A first line winger who kicks the tar out of the opposition while lighting up the scoreboard vs. a second line faceoff artist who plays a fantastic defensive game.

It's easier to find a player like Bergeron than it is to find a player like Lucic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]
    Scott Hartnell, as much as he is hated around here, signed a 6 year 4,750,000 per year deal.

On the other hand, what $6M player are you comparing him to?

[/QUOTE]

That contract shocked me.  I have no idea what he or his agent was thinking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm not comparing him to any $6M players.  I believe the B's worked on this deal for a long time with Lucic's agents and this is the number they both agreed upon.  If it's $500K more or less, not much changes.

I prefer to be happy that the guy is going to be banging bodies while wearing a Bruins jersey for at least another four seasons.

Crying that it's "a little too much" is absurd.

As for paying him more than Bergeron:  A first line winger who kicks the tar out of the opposition while lighting up the scoreboard vs. a second line faceoff artist who plays a fantastic defensive game.

It's easier to find a player like Bergeron than it is to find a player like Lucic.

[/QUOTE]

I`m not sure who you are refering to when you say "crying" but in my case, I stated right off the bat that I am very happy to have him locked up. However, I would have loved a 4 year deal for the same money.

And as for the "a little too much" part, yes I think he is. And I`ve explained why. You don`t have to agree. Doesn`t make the comment absurd just because you disagree with it. By that logic, thinking that you can easily find a replacement for Bergy is just ridiculous.

Cheers!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I`m not sure who you are refering to when you say "crying" but in my case, I stated right off the bat that I am very happy to have him locked up. However, I would have loved a 4 year deal for the same money.

And as for the "a little too much" part, yes I think he is. And I`ve explained why. You don`t have to agree. Doesn`t make the comment absurd just because you disagree with it. By that logic, thinking that you can easily find a replacement for Bergy is just ridiculous.

Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

Time to work on your reading comprehension, Ronstar.  It says "easier" not "easily".  Those two words mean very different things.

So, you are fine with the $6M, you would have preferred a longer deal.  Is that correct?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

Time to work on your reading comprehension, Ronstar.  It says "easier" not "easily".  Those two words mean very different things.

So, you are fine with the $6M, you would have preferred a longer deal.  Is that correct?

[/QUOTE]

My reading skills are fine, thanks. Reading comprehension also includes confusing disagreeing with crying. I`ll try to explain it again.

At a 3 year term, I think he is about $1M overpaid. If the term would have been 4 years or more, then I would have been fine with the $6M.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

My reading skills are fine, thanks. Reading comprehension also includes confusing disagreeing with crying. I`ll try to explain it again.

At a 3 year term, I think he is about $1M overpaid. If the term would have been 4 years or more, then I would have been fine with the $6M.

[/QUOTE]

If your comprehension skills are fine, please point out where I stated Bergeron would be easy to replace.

Also, in contracts, the longer the term, the less it is per year.  It's not 3yr/$5M or 4yr/6M.  It might be 3yr/$6M or 6yr/$5M.  With the longer term, the team is taking a greater risk and guaranteeing more money.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If your comprehension skills are fine, please point out where I stated Bergeron would be easy to replace.

Also, in contracts, the longer the term, the less it is per year.  It's not 3yr/$5M or 4yr/6M.  It might be 3yr/$6M or 6yr/$5M.  With the longer term, the team is taking a greater risk and guaranteeing more money.

[/QUOTE]

If your comprehension skills are fine, please point out where anyone was crying.

That is exactly why I stated that I think he is slightly overpaid for a 3 year contract. The longer the term, the greater the risk for the team. I agree. But the greater the reward as well. Getting an extra UFA year is very valuable for a team. Not to mention that contract values rise every year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Nit picking but I wouldn't have paid him more than Seguin or Bergeron"

Neal, Seguin and Bergeron have more pure skill but they can't separate players from a puck like Lucic or as in Patrice's case as often. Bergeron is a pure thief but I think he has reached his threshold of max goals a year that he can score a year in his role as a shutdown center.

Seguin still shys away from physical contact and this must stop if he wants icetime from Julien. Tylers march to 40+ goals a year is not ahead of Lucic's, not yet and I haven't seen where Seguin is way ahead of Milan to 40+ goals a year.

Neal is physical 108 hits last year but Lucic had over 200 not even close. Milan adds putting fear into defenders, deep fear as he rolls of the blueline. Neal most certainly does not unless he has the puck. Ribeiro not being in Dallas any longer will hurt Neals yearly goal output.

Once again the critique should not always be about goal output per year but also what a player does away from the puck to get the play headed to the oponents net.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Nit picking but I wouldn't have paid him more than Seguin or Bergeron"

Neal, Seguin and Bergeron have more pure skill but they can't separate players from a puck like Lucic or as in Patrice's case as often. Bergeron is a pure thief but I think he has reached his threshold of max goals a year that he can score a year in his role as a shutdown center.

Seguin still shys away from physical contact and this must stop if he wants icetime from Julien. Tylers march to 40+ goals a year is not ahead of Lucic's, not yet and I haven't seen where Seguin is way ahead of Milan to 40+ goals a year.

Neal is physical 108 hits last year but Lucic had over 200 not even close. Milan adds putting fear into defenders, deep fear as he rolls of the blueline. Neal most certainly does not unless he has the puck. Ribeiro not being in Dallas any longer will hurt Neals yearly goal output.

Once again the critique should not always be about goal output per year but also what a player does away from the puck to get the play headed to the oponents net.

[/QUOTE]

Lucic makes every opponent pass the puck a split second quicker when he's on the ice. There's no stat to back that up but it's the sort of thing that helps win games in the long run. Lucic is a beast and he's well worth the money. Cheers!