Per 985 the sports hub bruins extend Lucic 3 years at 6 mill per season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Re: Per 985 the sports hub bruins extend Lucic 3 years at 6 mill per season

Lucic may have the rarest skillset in the league.  He's not the best goal scorer and he's not the toughest player (although the cbc player poll would even disagree with that) but he's by far the toughest goal scorer.

1st liners and 4th liners tend to cancel eachother out with skill and toughness, he's out there hitting the best players in the world because he's on the ice at the same time.  And if a team wants to counter, their lineup gets significantly worse.  I recall montreal using laraque on their first line because he was out there.

The same people saying they paid to much would be saying they can't believe the Bruins let him walk because someone else offered him 6.5 mil.  Plus, how much merchandise does he sell? I don't have the figures, i'm guessing more then any other Bruin by a significant margin which I'm sure comes into consideration when signing a contract.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

he was a total no show last spring thats unacceptable for a player makeing 6 million. Some say he doesn't fight as much but I think thats because Claude wants him on the ice instead of the box as well most guys don't wana fight him can't blame them. Listening to boston sports talk today it seems to be about a 50/50 split on if the fans like the contract or don't time will tell if its a good deal I hope it turns out to be a steal for the bruins.

You need to back up your claims that you don't like the contract with statistics not "Most guys think" and "listening to Boston sports talk radio". Lucic made $4M the last 3 years not $6M and I don't give shiite about either of the opinions above niether carries any weight at all. Also throwing in 9 empty net goals in as reasoning that he should not be paid $6M and he doesn't fight as much anymore means nothing to the debate when comparing Lucic to other players that make that kind of money.

Make your own opinion not listen to some bitter BoSox fan that thinks it's all Valentine's fault lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dawg, Neal was with the Pens and nothing to do with Ribeiro.  I don't like him anymore ... ha !

Hard to comapre Lucic with others as there aren't much that bring the assets he does to a team.  This maes him a rare commodity .  Like it was said if he were a free agent today there would be 29 other teams bidding for him and maybe he would make more per year and for longer term.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

bump

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Can anybody tell me if another team in the league is nailing down their nucleus like this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

for 2013/2014 boston has 11 fwds, 5 d, 0 g and 15 non-roster players signed, all of the roster players being core members basically. looking through capgeek, it looks like only the wild, flyers and hawks are in a similar boat, especially when lookig beyond 2013/2014. and sorry, my shift key isn't working, so no caps.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think Chara is the rye, Bergeron is the ginger & Lucic helps them both by being the straw. I think he's a very valuable piece of the Bruins & is the definition of what a Bruin is! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Dawg, Neal was with the Pens and nothing to do with Ribeiro.  I don't like him anymore ... ha !

Got my chocalate and peanut butter mixed up again. How I always get Benn and Neal mixed up is beyond me they don't even look alike lol

@MilanLucic17 My point was using sports radio polls n opinions along with how many ENG goals a player has is pointless when driving a point home. Can't wait for the debates, Oh and I have new log in for you when you get banned again "RomneyCare" Ha Ha  poor whittle conservatives LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I'm so happy, I'm so happy !!!!!!  Seguin Marchand Looch are signed.

I am not happy that NHLPA and the owners are not signing a contract.

Could be a long winter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm happy with the deal. $6m? I have no clue how to compare Lucic to other player because there are no other players like him. So what's he worth. Apparently $6m/year. He is the one guy on the B's who if he hit RFA some GM would slap down an offer sheet. Does that help his value or help define his worth? It does for me. Looking forward to seeing Milan wreaking havoc and scoring goals with the spoked B on his chest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think Chara is the rye, Bergeron is the ginger & Lucic helps them both by being the straw. I think he's a very valuable piece of the Bruins & is the definition of what a Bruin is! 

You're starting to get as bad as Null! Get over it! 

If his playoff performance last season is what a bruin should be or is the team should fold. He was a total no show that makes 2 out of the last 3 post seasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If his playoff performance last season is what a bruin should be or is the team should fold. He was a total no show that makes 2 out of the last 3 post seasons.

How did Bergeron do in the world's most important playoffs?

I don't really care about the answer because one playoff series doesn't define a player.  If that were the case, a player with 3-2-5 in the seven games would be a God.  Someone give Rich Peverley $6M/yr!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like the deal, and when people point out the fact that he ddint have a good playoff series versus the Caps I have to ask. Who did? In fact, If I remember correctly, in a couple of the games he was one of the better forwards on the team, might not say that on the scoresheet, but any person with common sense could see it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I like the deal, and when people point out the fact that he ddint have a good playoff series versus the Caps I have to ask. Who did? In fact, If I remember correctly, in a couple of the games he was one of the better forwards on the team, might not say that on the scoresheet, but any person with common sense could see it.

That's where you lost bosbruins2011cup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

That's where you lost bosbruins2011cup.

Yeah, that guy is acting like a total dope here.  He wants to be taken seriously and have people put value in his opinion, yet he is convinced the B's should pay Lucic $3M less due to a playoff series that ended poorly.  Some people were howling up a storm about Lucic being invisible because they were only watching the puck.  My guess is they learned hockey from watching Fox.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Got my chocalate and peanut butter mixed up again. How I always get Benn and Neal mixed up is beyond me they don't even look alike lol

@MilanLucic17 My point was using sports radio polls n opinions along with how many ENG goals a player has is pointless when driving a point home. Can't wait for the debates, Oh and I have new log in for you when you get banned again "RomneyCare" Ha Ha  poor whittle conservatives LOL!!!

Funny you say that because it happened to me also .

Sections
Shortcuts