Perfect timing to make an offer for Yakupov

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Perfect timing to make an offer for Yakupov

Larionov said he'd like to sit down with Eakins, somebody he said he doesn't know at all. He said he's already had conversations with Edmonton GM Craig MacTavish and made it clear that they'd be open to a trade if the Oilers had soured on the forward taken with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 draft"I asked Craig [MacTavish], I said, 'If you guys [are] not happy with him or you have no room for him, we're willing to make a move. Any team,'" Larionov said. "That happens and that's part of life. Let's move on." 

Lets package Jordan Caron, Malcom Subban and Bart or McQuaid ....that would do it  as a bonus we can add Shawn Thorton 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Perfect timing to make an offer for Yakupov

Fat-Iginla-Krejci

Marchand-Bergeron-Yakupov

Smith-Ericksson-Spooner

Soderberg-Paille-Kelly-Campbell

That would be awesome

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Stop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

the same player who said this:

“I’m going to play my game,” he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.”

You want THIS guy on the Bruins?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the same player who said this:

“I’m going to play my game,” he said. “I’m not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game.”

You want THIS guy on the Bruins?

[/QUOTE]

CJ will make an elite player with this kid ...he is a diamond but has never been coached properly...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

No way. There is no reason for the bruins to make a trade for a one-dimensional player that will end up in the KHL once his contract is up.

His coach says 'you need to change your game' his reply was 'i dont want to change my game' that says it all right there.

Stop.  

Unless youve been in touch with PC lately and know something we dont?!?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Tommy Cross, Craig Cunningham and a 7th Round Pick for Yakupov and 2014 Oiler 1st Round Pick.

Book it, Dano. A good deal for both clubs. McTavish owes the Bruins a favour that has gone unpaid for 30+ years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tommy Cross, Craig Cunningham and a 7th Round Pick for Yakupov and 2014 Oiler 1st Round Pick.

Book it, Dano. A good deal for both clubs. McTavish owes the Bruins a favour that has gone unpaid for 30+ years.

[/QUOTE]

Don ...is that an offer that they cant refuse ???   lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hmmm, you've got the Bruins with a great team-first approach that requires each guy carry the load and play the two-way system which has delivered two Stanley Cup finals in three years and a good start so far this year...

...and you've got a spoiled Russian kid with a terrible attitude that doesn't like to hit, backcheck, or play defense...just wants to shoot, has already worn out his welcome in a city desperate for young talent, to the tune of being a healthy scratch on one of the worst teams in the league...and, oh yeah, he's gonna want a huge contract soon, or he might bolt for the KHL...

...and he has 2 goals in 17 games this year (sniper!) and is a minus-14 so far.  On pace for something around minus-60 for the season...

...and unless he somehow supplants Iginla or Eriksson, he would be playing on a checking line in Boston, not one of the top two scoring lines.  Julien loves checking line guys who don't hit, backcheck, play shorthanded, hustle away from the puck, and generally don't like to "skate all the time"...

...and his current coach hates him...and his agent is a jerk that is now publicly working the media to force Edmonton's hand while driving the potential return steadily downward for the Oliers and creating a huge distraction...

Color me excited.  Sounds like fun.  I'll do it if the trade is for Cross alone, and Edmonton takes both players salaries...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its as unlikely a trade as your proposition.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's an offer McTavish can't refuse (f--- the Oilers). The Bruins bailed him out a long time ago. He owes all his past success and present position to the favour the Bruins did for him.

McT paid his debt to society, but has yet to pay up to Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

"That's an offer McTavish can't refuse (f--- the Oilers). The Bruins bailed him out a long time ago. He owes all his past success and present position to the favour the Bruins did for him. McT paid his debt to society, but has yet to pay up to Bruins"

Don .... you're a funny guy :)~

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think we may get a little carried away with descibing guys as "Bruins" types of players.  Yes we are a defensive team based on a structured system and all of our guys need to be able to play/buy into that system, but that doesn't mean that we can't have any skilled players.

Lou Erickson is not exactly running around hitting people, and Krecji, who we all love, was a complete defensive liability a couple years ago, along with the rest of his line.

We already ran both Seguin and Kessel out of town for now being "tough" enough.  But, is that really true?  Are the Bruins too tough for skill players?  I personally think that the team needs a good mix, but not necessarily all "tough" players and defense first guys.  I think Seguin really was just a victim of our strength down the center and we chose Krecji over playing Seguin at his naural position --- which is fine with me.  

Yakupov is a world class talent sniper.  He is a winger, so wouldn't mess with our depth in the center and would be a significant upgrade over our current third line wingers, or even probably our second line guys.  We would have to send somebody the other way however to make room, or break up the merlot line and put some skill down there.  

I don't really think we need to mess with the chemistry of this team, but people of that caliber do not become available often so at least worth consideration.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Fletch has it right, sorry stan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we may get a little carried away with descibing guys as "Bruins" types of players.  Yes we are a defensive team based on a structured system and all of our guys need to be able to play/buy into that system, but that doesn't mean that we can't have any skilled players.

Lou Erickson is not exactly running around hitting people, and Krecji, who we all love, was a complete defensive liability a couple years ago, along with the rest of his line.

We already ran both Seguin and Kessel out of town for now being "tough" enough.  But, is that really true?  Are the Bruins too tough for skill players?  I personally think that the team needs a good mix, but not necessarily all "tough" players and defense first guys.  I think Seguin really was just a victim of our strength down the center and we chose Krecji over playing Seguin at his naural position --- which is fine with me.  

Yakupov is a world class talent sniper.  He is a winger, so wouldn't mess with our depth in the center and would be a significant upgrade over our current third line wingers, or even probably our second line guys.  We would have to send somebody the other way however to make room, or break up the merlot line and put some skill down there.  

I don't really think we need to mess with the chemistry of this team, but people of that caliber do not become available often so at least worth consideration.  

[/QUOTE]

No, players of that calliber actually score goals and try to improve their game and show effort. Three things hes not doing right now.  Its not a toughness thing, its a 'me first' type mentality. Hes been told by his team what areas he needs to improve on and he just flat out says he doesnt want to. Hes not a responsible player who clearly isnt interested in his team, only his stats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Lou Erickson is not exactly running around hitting people"

Never did in Dallas and won't start now.

Krejci was a defensive liability in the Washington playoff series ?

How was Krejci in both Vancouver and Chicago playoff series ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which Krejci are you talking about? And, what have you been watching these past 6 years?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think you've got a lot wrong there.  But here are a few corrections, as I see them:

Eriksson and Krejci are both good two-way players, in that they play the system in the defensive zone too.  Running around hitting people has nothing to do with it.

Questioning Krejci's playoff performance is like questioning my dog's ability to sleep.  Krejci has been outstanding in the playoffs.  Outstanding.

Seguin and Kessel were not 'run out of town' because they weren't 'tough enough'  That's perposterous.  All of the complaints about them were regarding production and consistency.  For example, one goal in 22 playoffs games is a problem for an up and coming star.  The worst +/- on the team is too.  (and accepting a very good trade offer isn't 'running them out of town either')

Mr. 'world class sniper' Yakupov has 2 goals in 17 games this year.  And his opportunities are probably far greater in Edmonton than they would be in Boston.

Look, I know he's a great raw talent, but he's been a mess in Edmonton and has shown terrible attitude  Meanwhile, the Bruins are scoring and winning.  I don't see the need, short-term, and how can you possible make long term committments to him with all of the current uncertainty -- production, attitude, contract, agent, KHL, etc?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmmm, you've got the Bruins with a great team-first approach that requires each guy carry the load and play the two-way system which has delivered two Stanley Cup finals in three years and a good start so far this year...

...and you've got a spoiled Russian kid with a terrible attitude that doesn't like to hit, backcheck, or play defense...just wants to shoot, has already worn out his welcome in a city desperate for young talent, to the tune of being a healthy scratch on one of the worst teams in the league...and, oh yeah, he's gonna want a huge contract soon, or he might bolt for the KHL...

...and he has 2 goals in 17 games this year (sniper!) and is a minus-14 so far.  On pace for something around minus-60 for the season...

...and unless he somehow supplants Iginla or Eriksson, he would be playing on a checking line in Boston, not one of the top two scoring lines.  Julien loves checking line guys who don't hit, backcheck, play shorthanded, hustle away from the puck, and generally don't like to "skate all the time"...

...and his current coach hates him...and his agent is a jerk that is now publicly working the media to force Edmonton's hand while driving the potential return steadily downward for the Oliers and creating a huge distraction...

Color me excited.  Sounds like fun.  I'll do it if the trade is for Cross alone, and Edmonton takes both players salaries...

[/QUOTE]

...well, since you put it that way...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Maybe they can also get Kabanov and corner the market on underachieving , petulant Russian crybabies who are un-coachable, me-first, team killers? I'm sure Claude can turn them into elite players. This slacker doesn't belong within a thousand miles if this team.

Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

This is dumber than the Thornton-Kessel-Seguin thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I knew there would be "I don't want that guy" posts.

There is no question of his talent.  I'd love to see him with a good group of guys around him, like, oh I don't know, Chara, Bergeron, Lucic and the rest of the team.

I know.  I hear ya.  It didn't work with Seguin.  However, getting traded for being a slouch would be pretty damn humbling.

Make a deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Given the reasons he's been criticized in Edmonton I wouldn't expect him to fit well in Boston. Like how you threw Thornton into the deal as a bonus, haha. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I knew there would be "I don't want that guy" posts.

There is no question of his talent.  I'd love to see him with a good group of guys around him, like, oh I don't know, Chara, Bergeron, Lucic and the rest of the team.

I know.  I hear ya.  It didn't work with Seguin.  However, getting traded for being a slouch would be pretty damn humbling.

Make a deal.

[/QUOTE]

So far this season, it looks like last season was a flash in the pan.  Granted its a small sample, but given his attitude and lack of production, I think right now there is plenty to question.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Also, im sure the oilers would want muuuuuuch more than what the Bruins would be willing to give in return.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yakupov, I read he thought he needs more TOI.  I am sure there is alot of players in Edmonton who think the same.  Underchieving Russians (not Ovechkin)?, try underachieving Edmonton.  Edmonton should entertain trades for many of it's recent draft picks.  The trades though will not be a bag of pucks for a former top pick.  Unfortunately for that city the fans will have to have even more patience as management seeks a play style that equals to the rest of the western conference.

The Bs should try to pick up that skill level but I think Edmonton is seeking someone like a Hamilton or Subban et al.  Bs management will stay the course. 

Sections
Shortcuts