perron to EDM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

perron to EDM

for Paajarvi and a 2nd roud pick. I think this is a good trade for the oilers, man I would have loved to see this guy in boston. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: perron to EDM

Wasn't he the Blues captain? sounds like a salary dump? Red?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not the captain. To me Perron is capable of so much more offensivley, absolute disgusting moves, Hitchcocks system isnt for him. In Edmonton, with those young offesivley gifted forwards he could put up some good numbers. I'd say an underacheiver to this point, but he's in a place now where his talents could be used best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

kel, my impression was that he was always a pretty good two-way guy. two-way guys that can put up 50 with a 3.8 cap hit seems like a pretty good contract to me. you can get away with having that kind of salary on the third line 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

kel, my impression was that he was always a pretty good two-way guy. two-way guys that can put up 50 with a 3.8 cap hit seems like a pretty good contract to me. you can get away with having that kind of salary on the third line 

I think he had to be a two way player in St. Louis, but his game is all offense. He'll thrive in Edmonton, it's perfect for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just what the Oilers need, another slick-skating-small-forward that stands around the blueline while the opposing team poors it on the weak Edmonton defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

The problem with Perron is he is made of glass. He has been hurt so many times in the last 3-4 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Injury problems are the only reason they'd ditch him for a guy like Paajarvi who has never really impressed. 

Agree he'll look good in Edmonton. Wonder if Cherry will talk about how surprised he iis that the Blues gave up on Perron?

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yeah, apparently David Perron used to have my phone number. My phone has been blowing up with calls from Quebec wishing him luck. Also just got a call from a guy named Norm Sanders who who is a STL sports writer. Crazy, what are the odds..,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This was the concussive hit by Joe Thornton that caused him to miss the last 72 games of the 10/11 season. 

http://youtu.be/_KnMuAcNfmE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Injury problems are the only reason they'd ditch him for a guy like Paajarvi who has never really impressed. 

Agree he'll look good in Edmonton. Wonder if Cherry will talk about how surprised he iis that the Blues gave up on Perron?

Are you not entertained?!?!

Book, is Thornton cap number 1.3 m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

Me? Sorry but the Blues are one team I don't keep a super close eye on, at least in terms of financials. No help on this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think Backes is the Blues' captain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just what the Oilers need, another slick-skating-small-forward that stands around the blueline while the opposing team poors it on the weak Edmonton defense.

Dog, you read my mind....

good luck to Andrew....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Me? Sorry but the Blues are one team I don't keep a super close eye on, at least in terms of financials. No help on this one.

They are close to the cap & Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Dispatch. ( I think that's what he said) said it was a cap move & that it sounds like Chris Stewart is filing, or has filed for abritration & the Blues (inspite of being in Hitch's doghouse) isn't going anywhere. Perron was in the doghouse a lot as well, but David has been a little more reluctant to change. So, it sounds like it was a combo to the move with capspace being the main excuse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

They also have to sign Alex Pieterangelo... He will cost big bucks... Perron has lately been injured a lot... And really not effective... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Backes is the Blues' captain.

[/QUOTE

OK, David somebody is the Blues captain. One year of seeing only Eastern teams does that..

Sections
Shortcuts