Perry/Ryan/Getz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Perry/Ryan/Getz

I have found myself watching a lot of Ducks late games lately.  I gotta say these guys are just absolutely dominating.  If I could have a line it would be these guys hands down.  I know the Sedins are great. But when I watch these guys who are extremely physical and such sweet hands...well its just fun to watch. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: Perry/Ryan/Getz

Agreed shupe, these are amazing first lines.  Do we have anything even close to what these teams bring?  Datsyuk's line is pretty impressive too.  Is bergy rex marchand striking the fear into opposing goalies?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

These guys are unreal, huge players, big net front presence, and can all find the open guy and snipe.  Total package line, and built for playoff style scoring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I mean I watch them and I think, ok- big guys with amazing hands, shut down ability, scoring, physical. They are a complete pkg.  Wish they played earlier. 

And no.  Boston has nothing close to these 3.  I would trade our 1st rounder for the next 10 yrs, along with Lucic Bergie and Chara for these 3.  They are amazing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Totally agree, this is what we need to start building towards, here's hoping seguin is a start (although minus the physical).  You're right though, watching a line like this makes the NHL and hockey great to see.  I can't wait to catch those guys in the playoffs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Perry/Ryan/Getz:
    [QUOTE]I mean I watch them and I think, ok- big guys with amazing hands, shut down ability, scoring, physical. They are a complete pkg.  Wish they played earlier.  And no.  Boston has nothing close to these 3.  I would trade our 1st rounder for the next 10 yrs, along with Lucic Bergie and Chara for these 3.  They are amazing
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

These three are great to watch, big and powerful and have great touch around the net.. I have all three on my hockey pool.... The other day I was revisiting the 2003 Draft and kept wondering.. what were some teams thinking? ..Getzlaf taken #19 and Perry taken #28.. Oh yeah.. Bruins took Mark Stuart #21 that year :) ahead of Mike Richards, and Ryan Kesler.. Ouch!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

cowboy,

pretty solid draft year isnt it.  imagine having any of those guys you mentioned above Stuart.  I mean I know scouting sometimes can be a crap shoot.  But any of those 4 fwds would be our best players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Agreed they are a great line. Outside of Boston Getz and Perry are my two favorite players to watch. They bring so much. I cannot stand Ryan personally but there is no denying he is a great player as well. But, with that being said, as of right now the KHL line isn't all that bad. It's the other 3 lines that aren't producing. The B's can't continue to wait for the scoring by comittee they need that guy who they can count on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]cowboy, pretty solid draft year isnt it.  imagine having any of those guys you mentioned above Stuart.  I mean I know scouting sometimes can be a crap shoot.  But any of those 4 fwds would be our best players.

You bet.. I think the Bruins scouting staff was terrible around that time frame early 2000's...and I know  other teams skipped on them too.. most notibly LA Kings who had two straight picks in the first round and selected  Brian Boyle and Jeff Tambelini ahead of Perry!  Hey , at least we have Nathan Horton who was #3 on that Super Draft Year..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo,

Ryan is as pure a goal scorer as this league has.  He is a beast to control down low, has wicked hands to match his wicked shot.  I know people ripped me for wanting to deal our pick(Seguin) for him,  But Ryan is under 25 and will score 30+ for yrs to come.  I was willing to take the risk on a sure thing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I saw a lot of ducks games a few years back, 4 seasons ago I think?  The line of Mcdonald/Kunitz/Sellane was a fun line to watch.  Completely dominant and amazing chemistry.  Seems like they were scoring 80% of their even strength goals that season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]callo, Ryan is as pure a goal scorer as this league has.  He is a beast to control down low, has wicked hands to match his wicked shot.  I know people ripped me for wanting to deal our pick(Seguin) for him,  But Ryan is under 25 and will score 30+ for yrs to come.  I was willing to take the risk on a sure thing. 
    That's why I said there is no denying his skills. I was just stating he isn't the type of player I am drawn to, that's all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]callo, Ryan is as pure a goal scorer as this league has.  He is a beast to control down low, has wicked hands to match his wicked shot.  I know people ripped me for wanting to deal our pick(Seguin) for him,  But Ryan is under 25 and will score 30+ for yrs to come.  I was willing to take the risk on a sure thing. 

And that is because Anaheim was patient with his development.. He was not ready when he came into the league and they waited 3 years for this guy and now look at what they have.. I know there were some issues with him but right now he is a gifted goal scorer.. The guy could pick a cherry off an ice cream sundae with his shot..Anaheim frankly would not have traded him for last years pick!   I just hope the Bruins use a similar patient move with Seguin.. I think he can be that type of player in a few years..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

cowboy,

Excellent point.
    I agree completely.  Maybe Seguin needs a stint in the minors next year to start the year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]cowboy, Excellent point. I agree completely.  Maybe Seguin needs a stint in the minors next year to start the year. 
    I think Seguin needs to go on the workout program that Stamkos is on. Seguin has the talent everyone can see it, he just lacks strength at this point. If he had the strentgh to get through defenders he would be having a different season. He needs to bulk up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What Seguin needs is some time with Horton and Lucic. Then you'll see what he can do.

And get a new second line with Krejci leading the way and making those wingers better. Then we're cooking with gas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perry/Ryan/Getz : I think Seguin needs to go on the workout program that Stamkos is on. Seguin has the talent everyone can see it, he just lacks strength at this point. If he had the strentgh to get through defenders he would be having a different season. He needs to bulk up.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Maybe , but this kid is cut...if memory serves me right he had one of the best showings at the draft  combines in terms of strength and agility..The kid is still growing into his body at 19..and will only get stronger.. What I think he needs is to play with better players and gain some confidence... I think he will get that next year..Having him play on the 4th line hopefully has taught him the defensive part of the game and the responsibilities. .. This will be a different player next year...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perry/Ryan/Getz : Maybe , but this kid is cut...if memory serves me right he had one of the best showings at the draft  combines in terms of strength and agility..The kid is still growing into his body at 19..and will only get stronger.. What I think he needs is to play with better players and gain some confidence... I think he will get that next year..Having him play on the 4th line hopefully has taught him the defensive part of the game and the responsibilities. .. This will be a different player next year...
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you, I do understand he is still growing into his body being that I am only a little older than him. I'm just stating it will only make him stronger. Look at how strong Stamkos is now. He made huge strides after he started the workout program, it couldn't hurt?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If the Bruins moved on Jason Arnott instead of the two bags of pucks Peverley Hillbillies and Kelly's Roasted Beef), and stayed away from Kaberle in favor of someone like Souray, they would have that dominating line (Arnott, Lucic and Horton, 3 huge guys) and another cannon (Souray) to go with Chara. Mark my words, Souray would not go 0 goals 2 assists after 10 games on this team like Kaberle Savignon has done.
    The blame falls on Chia and Clode (Clode for getting into Seguin's head)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Really?  You said Souray right?  No team in the league wanted him on numerous occasions and he is playing brutal in the AHL.  Could be the worst defender in the AHL as well. 
    I like Arnott and could have lived with him.  He doesnt add to the speed game but could have anchored the point on the PP. 

But Souray?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins moved on Jason Arnott instead of the two bags of pucks Peverley Hillbillies and Kelly's Roasted Beef), and stayed away from Kaberle in favor of someone like Souray, they would have that dominating line (Arnott, Lucic and Horton, 3 huge guys) and another cannon (Souray) to go with Chara. Mark my words, Souray would not go 0 goals 2 assists after 10 games on this team like Kaberle Savignon has done. The blame falls on Chia and Clode (Clode for getting into Seguin's head)
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Souray can't even make the Oil because he is so bad. What makes you think he would shine here? He is old and slow. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Souray can't even make the Oil because he is so bad. What makes you think he would shine here? He is old and slow. 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bruins8: JUST STATING THE BRUINS COULD USE THIS GUY MORE THAN SEGUIN
    Bruins8 on Phil Kessel

He's (Souray) not on the Oilers because he had a falling out. And you don't have to be fast to be on the power play. Look at guys like Tim Kerr and Johnny Bucyk, as well as Franzen of Detroit. Just be big with a fearsome shot. It's not rocket science but the Bruins are turning their ower play into rocket science (ie it'll take a rocket scientist to straighten it out!). Kaberle is just as slow as Souray, has a worse shot, far worse (can you say about 103 mph for Souray??? What's Kaberle's, 65 LOL?), and DOESN"T hit. Souray demolishes. Plus you wouldn't have had to give up Colborne and a 1st round pick and second round pick for Sheldon. What's Kaberle provided? Nada

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I went to the Bears/Penns (AHL) game last Sunday and Souray is SLOW and very, very much not motivated. Not much there to say he'll be back in the NHL anytime soon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So Shup Perry/Ryan/Getz at 15.7Mil helps get you 79 points 9th place in the Western Conference currently out of the playoffs. Horton/Krejci/Lucic at 11.75Mil gets you 85 points five points out of the Eastern Conference. Just curious on the comparison of the two lines Boston higher in the standings because of the Eastern Conference weakness ?

When Krejci comes up for his raise in October (usually when PC starts to negotiate) I think he'll get 3 years at around 4.75-5Mil IMO maybe less which leaves room for Rask retainment. How much will Perry and Getzlaf get in 2014 when they come up fro their raises ? Will it leave enough...

Point being not to knock your praise of Perry/Ryan/Getz they deserve your praise as I watch all their games living in So Cal. But for the return of that 15Mil, soon to go up, did Murray leave enough money for the 2nd and 3rd  lines to make a deep run in this years playoffs ? (if they the Ducks make it in at all)...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Orr-
    Your Souray example is the worst I have read in some time.  Yes he had a falling out but cleared waivers numerous times and not even a sniff.  He demolishes who?  He has a hard shot.  But this isnt the Mighty Ducks movie.  Being big doesnt make you good.  If that the case bring Valabik up or sign Shaq.

San-

The Western conference is dynamic and the Bruins would be in a similar situation.  They lost their top goalie as well.  The Bruins have a very solid team so I am not arguing that at all.  But imagine what those 3 would do in Boston.  I don't think they can make a run b/c they have no goalie and an avg crew on defense.  BUT I love watching them play.  Anystyle you want they can play it. 

Sections
Shortcuts