Pete C's smoke and mirrors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors

In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : i hear that callodthedom19. i the first shift that i saw peverley out there i couldn't believe how fast he was. its funny u could just tell that ryder -peverley -kelly were just a step off cause they didnt know were each other was going to be. u could see the occasional errant pass on forecheck. i also said the same thing about seguin under the post "seguin looking really good against Calgary" seguins backcheck was the best part of his game 2nite.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    It absolutely was. I noticed him every shift he had. I think it helped him being out there with two responsible guys on a line where you need to backcheck. Which in turn impressed me even more. I only hope that he continues to grow at the pace he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]You've all been fooled. Pete added a defensively challenged defenseman and two third line players. the B's top two lines continue to have as wings the ever underachieving Horton, the ancient Recchi and the rookie Marchaud. If you can convince yourself that is good enough to win playoff games then more power to ya. If the B's go one and done, hopefully Pete C. will be too. The Bruins are just not that talented a team. Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

"Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot"

And, without drugs, you wouldn't be posting crap! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : i hear that callodthedom19. i the first shift that i saw peverley out there i couldn't believe how fast he was. its funny u could just tell that ryder -peverley -kelly were just a step off cause they didnt know were each other was going to be. u could see the occasional errant pass on forecheck. i also said the same thing about seguin under the post "seguin looking really good against Calgary" seguins backcheck was the best part of his game 2nite.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

I think the overall lack of team sped has been obvious for a while now and PC did his best to address it with these trades...never a b ad thing to have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]You've all been fooled. Pete added a defensively challenged defenseman and two third line players. the B's top two lines continue to have as wings the ever underachieving Horton, the ancient Recchi and the rookie Marchaud. If you can convince yourself that is good enough to win playoff games then more power to ya. If the B's go one and done, hopefully Pete C. will be too. The Bruins are just not that talented a team. Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot.

What is wrong with Marchand? 19 goals for a guy who was suppose to be a third/fourth line winger. He seemingly has found his game and since then has done nothing to show that this won't continue ala Milan Lucic they both are going hard to the net and making it work and would probably be tied in goals if Lucic wasnt the king of the empty netters. Ill take 20-25 goals outta a second line winger.

I agree they do need another winger. Recchi's tank is empty his line looks good but if you watch the game and dig into the stats he's got alot of 2nd assist and most of his goals were on the PP early this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The only "Pumpsie" I remember played for the RedSox, maybe you are on the wrong page. PC has rebuilt, practically from scratch, a decent and entertaining team. He made a mistake with Lewis and quickly corrected that blunder, with support from the Jacobs. But, that meant " no more" salary dumps, so we've kept Claude and his cerebral limitations, and Ryder with his occasional play. Wouldn't it be nice to see Claude sit Ryder when he's floating. Seguin's play lately deserves more ice time, but Seggy is a rookie and Claude believes veterans are always better, which is part of his cerebral lack of flexibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am as cynical as any fan here, but this was a stupid thread.  The team is knocking on the door, you just have to hope the small tweaks he's made are the ones that allow them to crash through it.

Pray for health now because the PP is improved with Kaberle back there helping Chara.

Makes up for the loss of Savard on the half boards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]okay, I figured I would take allot of shots for having a "different" opinion and one that is seemingly negative - I prefer realistic. The Scooby Doo  thing is funny. And I can understand diehard B's fans getting riled up. BUT REMEMBER...less than a year ago this same (basically) team performed one of the all-time great CHOKES in sports history, the infamous 3-0/3-0 collapse. So until they have some playoff success I remain skeptical about their ability to create offense given the talent they have at wing. So you can call the thread stupid, or charge me with being on drugs (I actually work as a substance abuse counselor) but let's talk again this spring after a round or two. You know it is funny though, over on the Patriots forum guys disagree respectfully on player's talent levels and the teams overall talent all the time, and they do it respectfully. For some reason hockey fans, or maybe just Bruins fans, act like you are committing high treason and should be shot at dawn if you have any kind of negative or critical perspective. Again, let's talk after a round or two.
    It may be because there is a long history here of people coming in and making these kinds of comments specifically to get people riled up.  It's become a conditioned response.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

"basically the same team?"-huh? marchand,seguin,mcquaid,kampfer,kelly,peverly,kaberle-i count seven players that were not on last years playoff roster...over 1/3 turnover. this is not the same team....stop living in the past....embrace the present(it's much better for your health)-go b's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]okay, I figured I would take allot of shots for having a "different" opinion and one that is seemingly negative - I prefer realistic. The Scooby Doo  thing is funny. And I can understand diehard B's fans getting riled up. BUT REMEMBER...less than a year ago this same (basically) team performed one of the all-time great CHOKES in sports history, the infamous 3-0/3-0 collapse. So until they have some playoff success I remain skeptical about their ability to create offense given the talent they have at wing. So you can call the thread stupid, or charge me with being on drugs (I actually work as a substance abuse counselor) but let's talk again this spring after a round or two. You know it is funny though, over on the Patriots forum guys disagree respectfully on player's talent levels and the teams overall talent all the time, and they do it respectfully. For some reason hockey fans, or maybe just Bruins fans, act like you are committing high treason and should be shot at dawn if you have any kind of negative or critical perspective. Again, let's talk after a round or two.
    More than being critical of the team and it's players,you were directly critical of your fellow posters by telling all of us we were fooled.How can you expect to come off sounding like anything other than someone who thinks they're smarter than the rest of us?I,for one,look forward to hearing from you come playoff time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've been on the Patriots forum -- the notion that they respectfully disagree with each other over there is laughable.

One thing you can expect on any forum Pumpsie:  When someone new shows up to tell everyone there that they are fools and then backs it up with a totally senseless and poorly informed argument...they will be mocked.

So, you got yours.  Don't like it?  Go back to your hugfest on the Pats forum.

Or, just get your facts straight and try to talk Bruins, but you might want to start by not pretending you're the smartest person here.  You aren't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]"basically the same team?"-huh? marchand,seguin,mcquaid,kampfer,kelly,peverly,kaberle-i count seven players that were not on last years playoff roster...over 1/3 turnover. this is not the same team....stop living in the past....embrace the present(it's much better for your health)-go b's
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

He's right, though. Since they just added 3 new players, yes, it's slightly different than last year's team with these recent adds.

But, the core is the same. Has been since Chia got here, basically.  Thomas, Chara, Bergeron, Kreicji, Lucic, Ryder, Ference, etc.

That's not debatable.  Only Wideman was dealt away with Horton and Campbell being new.

Generally speaking, it's more or less the same base personnel here, with some tweaks to tryo to get it right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : He's right, though. Since they just added 3 new players, yes, it's slightly different than last year's team with these recent adds. But, the core is the same. Has been since Chia got here, basically.  Thomas, Chara, Bergeron, Kreicji, Lucic, Ryder, Ference, etc. That's not debatable.  Only Wideman was dealt away with Horton and Campbell being new. Generally speaking, it's more or less the same base personnel here, with some tweaks to tryo to get it right.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

You don't dismantle a team that was within a game of the conference finals, amid major injuries.  You subtract some parts that were not performing (Wideman, Hunwick) and you try to add some improvements (Horton, Peverly, Kaberle, etc.).

How does that not make perfect sense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]"basically the same team?"-huh? marchand,seguin,mcquaid,kampfer,kelly,peverly,kaberle-i count seven players that were not on last years playoff roster...over 1/3 turnover. this is not the same team....stop living in the past....embrace the present(it's much better for your health)-go b's
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

you forgot horton and campbell. krejci wasn't there for the 4 losses to philly. so that makes 10. but other than those 10, yeah, it's pretty much the same team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : you forgot horton and campbell. krejci wasn't there for the 4 losses to philly. so that makes 10. but other than those 10, yeah, it's pretty much the same team.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Cheeky.......I like it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors : What is wrong with Marchand? 19 goals for a guy who was suppose to be a third/fourth line winger. He seemingly has found his game and since then has done nothing to show that this won't continue ala Milan Lucic they both are going hard to the net and making it work and would probably be tied in goals if Lucic wasnt the king of the empty netters. Ill take 20-25 goals outta a second line winger. I agree they do need another winger. Recchi's tank is empty his line looks good but if you watch the game and dig into the stats he's got alot of 2nd assist and most of his goals were on the PP early this year.
    Posted by tmmanning[/QUOTE] Last I knew mt netters still count would you be saying the same if it were Marchand adding mt netters or any other bruin GET OVER IT they are scoring and winning that's all that counts MORON 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : He's right, though. Since they just added 3 new players, yes, it's slightly different than last year's team with these recent adds. But, the core is the same. Has been since Chia got here, basically.  Thomas, Chara, Bergeron, Kreicji, Lucic, Ryder, Ference, etc. That's not debatable.  Only Wideman was dealt away with Horton and Campbell being new. Generally speaking, it's more or less the same base personnel here, with some tweaks to tryo to get it right.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Kaberle, Kampfer, McQuaid, Kelly, Peverly, Horton, Campbell, Marchand, and Seguin. weird, 3 looks a lot bigger all of a sudden. With Caron getting some games as well. I wouldn't add him to the roster though.