peter chiarelli's press conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

peter chiarelli's press conference

Couple good pieces of info..

Savard will be at the parade.

Horton had played with a separated shoulder before he got the concussion. (Just heard on the radio it was before he got the TB games 7 winner.)

Peter said he thought there would only be a couple guys having sugery this summer but he hasn't gotten the full report yet. (He has an idea from talking with the players/docs throughout the post season)

He stressed that Thomas didn't want to leave Boston last year and that it was his (Peter's) duty consider the offers and bring it up to him. But he definately said more than once that Thomas didn't want to leave Boston.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: peter chiarelli's press conference

It will be more than a little interesting to see if Savard can return next year. My guess is he's done for good, and that saddens me greatly--but I hope he gets an amazing reception at the parade. He was one of the most enthusiastic Bruins I've ever had the pleasure of watching (his reaction after his OT winner in Game 1 v. Philly in 2010 is priceless), and he was a helluva player to boot.

I'm also concerned about Horton. Obviously plenty of time to rest in the offseason and he looked fit and fiery in Vancouver (nice touch w/the H20 on the ice)...but again, he had his world rocked. I suppose if Bergeron was able to return from the Jones hit (and subsequent setbacks) Horton, who's only 25, can also.

I'm one who's voting for a re-signing of Kaberle unless the B;s can score a guy MUCH better in FA. I think he was maligned unfairly during the playoffs and he's a guy who maybe had a longer learning curve w/CJ's system than the free for all he was used to in Toronto. He certainly looked a lot better in the latter stages of the Van. series.

I really just want to see this team kept intact, even tho' I realize in sports (re: business) that's unlikely. But they won my heart as soon as Horton beat Mtl. in OT (and really, even before then, just getting to that point after 0-2).

They are a very special group of athletes and I felt privileged watching them reach the Promised Land for themselves and all of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference:
    [QUOTE]It will be more than a little interesting to see if Savard can return next year. My guess is he's done for good, and that saddens me greatly--but I hope he gets an amazing reception at the parade. He was one of the most enthusiastic Bruins I've ever had the pleasure of watching (his reaction after his OT winner in Game 1 v. Philly in 2010 is priceless), and he was a helluva player to boot. I'm also concerned about Horton. Obviously plenty of time to rest in the offseason and he looked fit and fiery in Vancouver (nice touch w/the H20 on the ice)...but again, he had his world rocked. I suppose if Bergeron was able to return from the Jones hit (and subsequent setbacks) Horton, who's only 25, can also. I'm one who's voting for a re-signing of Kaberle unless the B;s can score a guy MUCH better in FA. I think he was maligned unfairly during the playoffs and he's a guy who maybe had a longer learning curve w/CJ's system than the free for all he was used to in Toronto. He certainly looked a lot better in the latter stages of the Van. series. I really just want to see this team kept intact, even tho' I realize in sports (re: business) that's unlikely. But they won my heart as soon as Horton beat Mtl. in OT (and really, even before then, just getting to that point after 0-2). They are a very special group of athletes and I felt privileged watching them reach the Promised Land for themselves and all of us.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

PC did talk about Kaberle (He had been asked about his acquisitions and went through from Seidenberg on) He had high praise for him and mentioned that people were on Kaberle's case and etc. but  then praised his ability to change the speed of the game with his passes and how he's done well these last two series.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

Oh also.. They will petition for Savard and Kampfer to get their names on the cup.

"Chiarelli also said the team will petition for Savard, and injured defenseman Steven Kampfer, to have their name etched on the Stanley Cup Trophy."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I am ALLLLL for Savard and Kampfer getting their names on the Cup, but there's also this:

Savard: 25 games. 2G, 8A, -7
    Caron: 23 games. 3G, 4A, +3

Fair is fair, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]They HAVE to resign Kaberle.  You can't ditch a 1st rounder and walk away. So, Chia has to spin it that he wants Kaberle. Maybe he does. Personally, I'd gloss it up, give him a fair deal, hope he takes it and then try to deal him.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

PC doesn't have to re-sign Kaberle.  The 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and Colborne don't mean jack, because the B's won the Cup.  All expenditures made it worth it because you won the ultimate prize.

PC has no pressure on him to overpay Kaberle, although I am happy to see him back at the right price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

[QUOTE]I am ALLLLL for Savard and Kampfer getting their names on the Cup, but there's also this: Savard: 25 games. 2G, 8A, -7 Caron: 23 games. 3G, 4A, +3 Fair is fair, right?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Maybe the difference is Savard was on LTIR and would have been playing if not for his concussion(s)... Caron was assigned to Providence and it was their decision that he didn't play the rest of the games.

Kampfer playe 3 games below the 41 needed and he was also out with an injury at the end of the year or he may have got the 41 games. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : Completely disagree. Thank god it worked out. I couldn't be happier, obviously, but Kaberle would be seen as an asset, especially to a more finesse Western Conf team. Let's be honest. If they didn't win the Cup, that move would have been questioned.  

We'll have to agree to disagree.

The deal was questioned by some when PC made it.  I would say that it turned out pretty well, don't you think?  Why would PC feel like he needed to "save face" by signing him to a contract with terms that don't work for the team? 

I am confident PC will do the right thing, without feeling added pressure of Toronto having their 1st round pick and/or Colborne going forward. What number is that 1st rounder anyway?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : PC doesn't have to re-sign Kaberle.  The 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and Colborne don't mean jack, because the B's won the Cup.  All expenditures made it worth it because you won the ultimate prize. PC has no pressure on him to overpay Kaberle, although I am happy to see him back at the right price.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Right again Crowls. There's no pressure to sign Kaberle now that they're the champs. That's also the reason Kaberle will likely want to stay even if it's for less cash than someone may offer elsewhere.Pick #30, Colborne, and a pick next year(likely between 50 and 60)means nothing to me now that Boston owns the Cup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : Right again Crowls. There's no pressure to sign Kaberle now that they're the champs. That's also the reason Kaberle will likely want to stay even if it's for less cash than someone may offer elsewhere.Pick #30, Colborne, and a pick next year(likely between 50 and 60)means nothing to me now that Boston owns the Cup.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, I'll be shocked if they re=sign him. He wasn't very impressive in his short time with the Bruins IMO. Sure, he made a few nice passes, but he was anemic on the PP, and not nearly physical enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : Dez, I'll be shocked if they re=sign him. He wasn't very impressive in his short time with the Bruins IMO. Sure, he made a few nice passes, but he was anemic on the PP, and not nearly physical enough.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]
    I respectfully disagree and will go as far as to say the Bruins wouldn't have won without him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think they'll bring Kaberle back.  It's better to play with the devil you know than the devil you don't.

I don't think it'll be because of what they gave up.  A minor leaguer, the #30 and the #60 pick?  Who cares!

With a summer to get comfortable in his surroundings and with the system, he'll be fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : Right again Crowls. There's no pressure to sign Kaberle now that they're the champs. That's also the reason Kaberle will likely want to stay even if it's for less cash than someone may offer elsewhere.Pick #30, Colborne, and a pick next year(likely between 50 and 60)means nothing to me now that Boston owns the Cup.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Small point, but worth making.
    It's not because the Bruins own the Cup, but because the Bruins 1st round pick is #30 because they won the cup. 
    A #30 pick, but then Bruins have Minny's 2nd at #40 overall, when you get down to that range its a total crap shoot anyway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I think they'll bring Kaberle back.  It's better to play with the devil you know than the devil you don't. I don't think it'll be because of what they gave up.  A minor leaguer, the #30 and the #60 pick?  Who cares! With a summer to get comfortable in his surroundings and with the system, he'll be fine.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Next year's second, so it may not be #60, but your point is still valid.  Even if the Bruins finish last overall it would be pick #31 and they haven't traded their 1st round pick for next year.

My prediction - someone will crack the line up from the AHL, or Spooner or Knight or this year's #9.

He said they weren't going to be big players in the FA market, but they don't have to be even in their 'worst' case, which would be replacing both Kab and Ryd, we're talking signing 2 FA.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : Completely disagree. Thank god it worked out. I couldn't be happier, obviously, but Kaberle would be seen as an asset, especially to a more finesse Western Conf team. Let's be honest. If they didn't win the Cup, that move would have been questioned.  

yeah, but they DID win the Cup....and while you can name a slew of players who had more to do w/that than Kaberle, you can't say that he didn't contribute--in perhaps ways that were subtle and not so obvious--to the Bruins' ultimate success.

I'm not saying he's the best D-man out there, but I also think the more games he got  and the more he learned about CJ's system, the better he became. I'm pretty sure he was on the north side of +/- when all was said and done.

Remember, all he really knew b4 coming to Boston was the un-disciplined, wide-open, do whatever you want system in Toronto, and I think it took him time to get comfortable in a system that demands so much more responsibility...he's a guy used to being a slick-skating, free passing kind of D-man, and he was caught in between his instincts to do so and CJ's rigid requirements...I see no problem bringing him back unless he demands the stars, moon, etc. He's a nice finesse balance to the rock em sock ems of McQuaid, Boychuk, Chara, Ference...pair him (not literally, but having 2 guys who can skate and pass) w/Kampfer next season, and I'm seeing a pretty strong corps of defenseman.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : yeah, but they DID win the Cup....and while you can name a slew of players who had more to do w/that than Kaberle, you can't say that he didn't contribute--in perhaps ways that were subtle and not so obvious--to the Bruins' ultimate success. I'm not saying he's the best D-man out there, but I also think the more games he got  and the more he learned about CJ's system, the better he became. I'm pretty sure he was on the north side of +/- when all was said and done. Remember, all he really knew b4 coming to Boston was the un-disciplined, wide-open, do whatever you want system in Toronto, and I think it took him time to get comfortable in a system that demands so much more responsibility...he's a guy used to being a slick-skating, free passing kind of D-man, and he was caught in between his instincts to do so and CJ's rigid requirements...I see no problem bringing him back unless he demands the stars, moon, etc. He's a nice finesse balance to the rock em sock ems of McQuaid, Boychuk, Chara, Ference...pair him (not literally, but having 2 guys who can skate and pass) w/Kampfer next season, and I'm seeing a pretty strong corps of defenseman.

Personally, I'd rather not see Kaberle or Ryder, however, if they do resign those guys I can't see how they wouldn't take enormous pay cuts.  Kaberle is a 3rd d pairing guy and Ryder is a 2nd line player on this year's team, plus overall performance...

Losing my mind crazy money spent on either one has to be 2.5 max.  So if they are going to be here, I don't see how they could sign for all that much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : yeah, but they DID win the Cup....and while you can name a slew of players who had more to do w/that than Kaberle, you can't say that he didn't contribute--in perhaps ways that were subtle and not so obvious--to the Bruins' ultimate success. I'm not saying he's the best D-man out there, but I also think the more games he got  and the more he learned about CJ's system, the better he became. I'm pretty sure he was on the north side of +/- when all was said and done. Remember, all he really knew b4 coming to Boston was the un-disciplined, wide-open, do whatever you want system in Toronto, and I think it took him time to get comfortable in a system that demands so much more responsibility...he's a guy used to being a slick-skating, free passing kind of D-man, and he was caught in between his instincts to do so and CJ's rigid requirements...I see no problem bringing him back unless he demands the stars, moon, etc. He's a nice finesse balance to the rock em sock ems of McQuaid, Boychuk, Chara, Ference...pair him (not literally, but having 2 guys who can skate and pass) w/Kampfer next season, and I'm seeing a pretty strong corps of defenseman.
    I agree with your entire post and, in case you missed it earlier, my congrats on the win and your new found faith(both were a long time coming).I'm sure we'll go back to arguing eventually but, right now, we can celebrate together. Cheers to us not waiting another 39 years. I'm outta here.Later buddy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]They HAVE to resign Kaberle.  You can't ditch a 1st rounder and walk away. So, Chia has to spin it that he wants Kaberle. Maybe he does. Personally, I'd gloss it up, give him a fair deal, hope he takes it and then try to deal him.

that would be the best way to assure that pc loses all credibility with any ufa in the future and no ufa ever wants to sign with boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : PC doesn't have to re-sign Kaberle.  PC has no pressure on him to overpay Kaberle, although I am happy to see him back at the right price. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

"Right again Crowls." +2!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : that would be the best way to assure that pc loses all credibility with any ufa in the future and no ufa ever wants to sign with boston.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

GM SUICIDE!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i doubt very much that CJ will recommend that PC re-sign Kaberle....

it speaks volumes that he was on the third pairing and although it wasn't by any means his fault that the pp didn't work,  bottom line is Kaberle didn't do what he was brought in to do....  and if it wasn't for playing on the best 5 on 5 team and having this year's Vezina winner behind him, Kaberle's +/- might've been in the red....

i'd bring in a cheaper option....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

I think there are too many players in Providence that have to come up the the bigs soon. Signing Kaberle or Ryder will mean those guys will be stuck there or get traded. I'd rather go with Kamfer and Caron. Adds more speed to the lineup.