Peverley - Has the Bubble Burst?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Peverley - Has the Bubble Burst?

46 Games- 9 goals 27 Assists

Along with the Nathan Horton conversation this guy has to be mentioned. He filled in very well last year after game 3 of the finals but not so this year. He still has a glorious chance but he is blowing it and it is affecting all the lines. He is not stepping up when needed and CJ is moving around everybody but him which leads to my next point. At what time does he call him out or does he become the favorite Like Ryder and never give up. Am I being short minded here or does everybody remember what we thought this guy was capable of? Is he just having an off year while still playing around a lot of talent?  Help me understand because I think the absence of Horton should be made up by these types of guys on good teams. I know scoring cannot be turned on and off but I did think he had more versatility than he is currently showing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Peverley - Has the Bubble Burst?

36 points in 46 games is solid production for Peverley.  Also 62% on face-offs and playing a solid point on the PP.  Zero issues with Peverley from me.

The issue is not Peverley filling Horton's minutes, it is Player X filling Peverley's minutes on the 3rd line.  Hamill was ineffective, and Caron's last few games have not been inspiring.  Pouliot has vanished and Kelly's production has leveled off. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Line chemistry has been affected, imo.  Horton and Lucic were our Sedin's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Peverley has also been playing with an undisclosed injury and will be doing so for the rest of the year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Peverley - Has the Bubble Burst?:
    Peverley has also been playing with an undisclosed injury and will be doing so for the rest of the year.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Before the injury his skating was at a very high level. Since the injury his skating has been average. It's a major part of his game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Pevs is playing with hurt, and as Chowda noted, his skating, while still a strength, is not as explosive as before the injury[ Groin?] He has never been a noticeable scorer, so the third line was a solid spot for him, as it is for Caron. Kelly is playing his game[ checking/speed] and is not the passing catalyst that kreji should be. Kreji playing on the 3rd line is being under- utilized, and his personality does not seem to react well to playing with less than top scorers. Claude's words of professionalism are falling on deaf ears. Kreji knows what his skills are and is going thru the motions until they move him back to a scoring first line. Horton and a solid Kreji filled the scoring requirement, which has been missing in the last few weeks. Pouliot has had minimal impact, and is fading as his history shows. Acquiring a skilled scorer would allow Pevs to play with Kelly and Caron as a solid third line. Plus Kreji needs to be the catalyst on a scoring line, and , it appears that Claude needs to re-think how to communicate with Kreji.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wasn't sold at the time of the trade but he changed my mind. An excellent pickup by Pete. A solid player and very versatile.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Peverly is what his stats say he is, a good player but not a great finisher. Horton injury has messed up 2 lines

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I gotta disagree.  I think Peverly continues to do everything he is asked to do, while constantly bouncing around between lines and positions.  He always seems to play hard to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

I like Pev but I see him too often skate from north south with the puck with his great speed to end up in offensive zone all alone while lines mate are changing etc. he need better of fence support or is it his timing that's off?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Peverly is exactly the type of depth guy that every team wants. Not his fault that he's injured and being asked to bounce from line to line.

I agree with the guys here that say it may be a better option to plug the hole on the Krejci line and let Pevs-Kelly-Pouliot get some minutes together and chemistry heading into the playoffs. That could be an excellent 3rd line if they can get going.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Fletch's assessment on Peverly is correct.  He is not a first or second liner no more than PJ Axelsson was back a few years.  Peverly is speed, and it was quite insightful of PC link him with Kelly.  Pouliot is energy as Book mentioned a while back.  Perfect third line.  Peverly should stay on the third line.  Horton is another story, now there is a problem in the making.  PC will now have to focus on forwards rather than defensemen.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20122ALLSASALL&sort=avgPowerPlayTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce&pg=5

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20122ALLSAAAll&sort=advantages&viewName=powerPlay

If the Bruins were drawing more penalties Peverley could be more effective. When Boston's PP went from 14% to 18% Rich was a big part of that. Now the PP is back down to 15.5% and for some reason Peverley's PP TOI went down.

Keep Rich Peverley out there Ward!

Sections
Shortcuts