Peverley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Peverley

I know there was much discussion about the lines configurations lately but from what I saw from Peverley, I would be tempted to replace Recchi's spot with him. Many of you will say that line's been good but I think it can have a little more finish with Peverley on it. He works hard. has good speed & is responsible on the backcheck. IMO, it could be a fun line to watch. Here's what I would try in the final stretch to get more out of our secondary scorers:

Lucic-Krecji-Horton
    Marchand-Bergy-Peverley
    Ryder-Kelly-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Seguin could alternate with Paille & Rex every once in a while.

Is it just me or am I over evaluating Peverley? Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Peverley

I have no issue with these lines.  The 2nd line sure would be able to fly.  The thing I like with Peverly on the 3rd line is it balances out our lines more and I don't like messing with a good thing.  Peverly in my eyes is likely better suited for 2nd line duties. 

How about these then.

Bergie/Peverly/Marchand
    Krejci/Lucic/Horton
    Kelly/Campy/Recchi
    Seguin/Ryder/Thorton

Why did I move Campy?  B/c I think that he is an underated player who could be huge for us in the playoffs.  I know it wont happen.  But I like the looks of that lineup as well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bergeron's line has been kicking butt since Marchand got moved to it.  Breaking that line up would be nonsense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Peverley:
    [QUOTE]I have no issue with these lines.  The 2nd line sure would be able to fly.  The thing I like with Peverly on the 3rd line is it balances out our lines more and I don't like messing with a good thing.  Peverly in my eyes is likely better suited for 2nd line duties.  How about these then. Bergie/Peverly/Marchand Krejci/Lucic/Horton Kelly/Campy/Recchi Seguin/Ryder/Thorton Why did I move Campy?  B/c I think that he is an underated player who could be huge for us in the playoffs.  I know it wont happen.  But I like the looks of that lineup as well. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Looks good too. Only thing is, when you need to insert Paille in the lineup, you`ll need to remove Seguin and then who centers the 4th line?

I think going in to the playoffs, we need to be able to rely on a strong second line. You know all the top defenders in the playoffs will be all over the KHL line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron's line has been kicking butt since Marchand got moved to it.  Breaking that line up would be nonsense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

But NAS, don`t you think Rex has looked a little flat lately? Don`t you think Peverley could be better for that line?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

krejci/lucic/horton
    bergeron/peverley/marchand
    campbell/kelly/ryder
    seguin/paille/recchi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I would put line 2 the same as you. Put Seguin Kelly Ryder for line 3 for Mtl. gm. Tuesday just for speed and ryder will show for this gm. Rechhi should get some well deserve nights off along with Thomas and put Rask in the net we have time to re-adjust lines for play-offs.

I would put Kaberle and Chara for pairing Sieds and Bart( give him some ice time for experience)  and Quaid- Boy. When Hnidy is ready give some gms. for conditioning. The more playoff ready the d is, the better  (Chara Kamp  Sieds Kaberle McQuiad Ference when all is healthy Boychuk #7) will be solid for my likings.

Paille should be a steady line 4, Rechhi( Mark should get back to back nights off for rest but don't even seperate him from the line 2) and ( Seguin should start getting more ice time by replacing Rechhi on his nights off and keep him on line 3 when Rechhi is playing ) 18 gms. and counting perfect time to get tuned up for post season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I agree that Recchi has not been very effective lately, but has had a strong year.  I support leaving the lines in tact, but giving Recchi some nights off so he can be fresh for the playoffs.  I would spot Seguin on the RW with Bergeron and Marchand on those nights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverley : But NAS, don`t you think Rex has looked a little flat lately? Don`t you think Peverley could be better for that line?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

I think people see what they want to see.  We've been reading the "Time to rest Recchi" posts for many, many weeks.  He has no points in his last five games, but in the five games before that, he had points in all of them. 

It's easy to look and say, "Well, he's old, so he must be tired."  The guy is a pro.  9% of his hits for the entire season have been recorded in the past two games (6 of 68).  That doesn't seem like a tired player to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Recchi needs a couple games off. His play of late is not good and it would do his legs a world of good to cool it for 4 or 5 days. Also giving Bergy and Marchand Peverley could put a charge in the B's scoring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

I know what yer sayin, but 9% is not overwhelming.

I enjoyed the faster paced run and gun style the b's were forced to play out west.

they seem to wait and see what style game is happening then react. they get hit, they start hitting. they dont seem to dictate the game.

agree/disagree?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This digressed from peverly, so let me address my thoughts. I've advocated Recchi for the 4th line all year. He is smart, experienced, crafty, BUT, he cannot keep up with the speed of the game; his puck handling has deteriorated; and he has been thrown out of net front presence since last year. Bigger, stronger defenders know he is no longer the same REX. However, Bergeron would be the first to complain. With Marchand, the three players have worked out a net front cycle that leads to goals. REX could be IMO more effective on the 4th line. Less ice time; good PK skills, less banging in front of the net when he gets there[maybe] I like Peverly with kelly, but the line is not scoring unless Ryder shows up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Gotta leave the top two lines alone.  Recchi is counted on for leadership and is a good player dispite his age.  He was one of our best players last year in the playoffs.  I have no issue giving him a few nights off down the stretch if that helps him.  I have no issue giving any of our core guys a night off if it helps them.  The playoffs are a long grind.  Health is the most important factor heading into the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron's line has been kicking butt since Marchand got moved to it.  Breaking that line up would be nonsense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

It's simple.  Many here on this board want Recchi as a healthy scratch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and one more thing don't you think if Recchi was tired he would a prime candidate for one of Julien's "maintenance day"  off ? 
    Recchi hasn't gotten one all season I think. Does not sound like a tired guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

OP- Peverley is a great fit with Bergy and Marchand.  Combo of speed and skill would be nice to watch.

Recchi- i think his lack of speed hurts that line.  I don't believe he needs to rest but i'd prefer he moves down to a checking line. One thing about Recchi i love to watch is that he knows WHEN to take the body and HOW to do it right. For example-he will throw his biggest hits when separating a defenseman from the puck.  He is also very good at getting himself between the D and the puck.  Recchi is smart enough to save his enery(and hits) for when they are needed.

With all that said- i wish Claude would put Rex on the checking line and let the more skilled guys skate together.  Unfortunatly- i think Rex's veteran status means more to Claude than his skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The only thing that's better than talent? Talent with experience.
    Talent with experience = Recchi & Bergeron
    Talent= Peverly & Marchand
    If there's anyone who's game has gone south lately it's Marchand. Maybe he's the one that needs to go back to the 4th line & learn nothing is for keeps!
    What Rex misses in speed, he makes up for in smarts 10 fold!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I would like to see Seguin with March and Bergy and put Recchi on the 4th line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see Seguin with March and Bergy and put Recchi on the 4th line.
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

I t was tried. The line ended up a -2.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I have no issue with these lines.  The 2nd line sure would be able to fly.  The thing I like with Peverly on the 3rd line is it balances out our lines more and I don't like messing with a good thing.  Peverly in my eyes is likely better suited for 2nd line duties.  How about these then. Bergie/Peverly/Marchand Krejci/Lucic/Horton Kelly/Campy/Recchi Seguin/Ryder/Thorton Why did I move Campy?  B/c I think that he is an underated player who could be huge for us in the playoffs.  I know it wont happen.  But I like the looks of that lineup as well. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

i don't think that im a person against change . i mean if julian was to shake up the lines i wouldn't think he was wrong but personally i think the lines are correct the way the they are. recchi is still giving this team what it needs as far speed talent and leadership goes. wasn't it was recchi that kept the puck in against michalek on krecjis goal to put the game into overtime. i know its just one play out of a whole game but it was big none the less. and moving campbell up to 3rd and ryder down with seguin and thornton will insure u get even less out of ryder compared to what your getting now. ryder needs good players around him and thats were peverley comes in. ryder can still score and has decent numbers in playoff games with boston 24 games 9 goals and 9 assist for 18 points.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]and one more thing don't you think if Recchi was tired he would a prime candidate for one of Julien's "maintenance day"  off ?  Recchi hasn't gotten one all season I think. Does not sound like a tired guy.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I think that you are incorrect about him not getting maintenance days.  I think he gets one everytime Bergeron does.  That doesn't include personal days, just maintenance days.

Sections
Shortcuts