Peverley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Peverley

Does anyone know the ailment that is keeping him out?  He has been playing great lately and will be missed.  At least the 1 game in 8 days stretch we are on will give him time to recover without missing too much time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Peverley

Lower body is all I've heard, I'd guess groin but nothings floating around anyhwere I've seen.

In Response to Peverley:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know the ailment that is keeping him out?  He has been playing great lately and will be missed.  At least the 1 game in 8 days stretch we are on will give him time to recover without missing too much time.
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/post/14676850560/pregame-coach-julien-gave-an-update-on-rich

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I heard somewhere that it might require offseason surgery... rememeber Chara played most of the season with a badly broken finger! Both these guys are tough as nails.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I say let him rest, and give Hamill some more time. No sense in rushing him back right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It looks like this is going to be a season long thing, hopefully it doesn't get worse as Peverly is integral.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I thought I heard Pc say that Pevs skated yesterday but was not expected to play tonight. It sounded like they are being cautious with the injury. Miss a couple games now rather than possibly missing a bunch of games as a result of playing with the injury and exacerbating it. Good strategy if that's the case. They clearly understand that the health and depth of their team is a big factor in their success.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

We have no idea what it is, but if I was to guess I would say something like the groin injury that Ference played through a couple years ago, then had surgery in the off season. Peverley doesn't play like someone with a nagging injury though!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You get a little nervous when the DTD starts to drag on and on.  This line:
    "well, if we keep him out of this game, he'll get a full 8/10/14 days of rest"

quickly becomes:
    "well, we're playing 3 in 4 nights, so we'll keep him out as a precaution".

So why not just put him on IR for two weeks?  Team's playing out of its collective head, and Hamill looks as much like an NHL regular as anyone could have hoped.  Makes me paranoid that they're avoiding a difficult decision, namely that Peverley's injury isn't really a DTD even if he can play through it and play well.  Needs surgery or he'll make it worse sort of thing.

I was a late adopter on Peverley - he was great at creating chaos last year, but to little effect on most nights.  Now the results are there and he's gotten much better at recognizing that window when he's broken down the D and the options are there.  Right now, they can live without him.  To go into the playoffs without him would be significant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I seem to recall CJ saying last week that they were giving him extra rest so he could come back Wednesday against the Coyotes? This doesn't bode well...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm guessing that it's something that needs surgery to fix, but that the recovery would be 3-4 months and put him out of the playoffs.  It's certainly not affecting his play, so I suspect the rest is to reduce the pain he's feeling.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Peverley:
    [QUOTE]I'm guessing that it's something that needs surgery to fix, but that the recovery would be 3-4 months and put him out of the playoffs.  It's certainly not affecting his play, so I suspect the rest is to reduce the pain he's feeling.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

It's something like that and they're saying he'll get it done at season end.
    Not the same line with Peverley not there. Just comes to show his value even when he's not scoring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

My sense is that it's nothing major right now, and that the B's are taking their time with it. Other than him, they are pretty solid. They've been playing alright without him. Plus, it seems as though Hamill is filling in pretty well and the team is winning; no sense in risking his long-term health to bring back a critical player during a hot streak.
    This also gives the Bruins (or the rest of the league) a chance to see Hamill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

According to Hags Peverly is back for Dallas . Great ! How can you not like watching this guy skate with the puck ?

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Peverley-ready-to-go-Saturday-vs-Stars?blockID=621330&feedID=5364&qv=1#bp