Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5

3 years, finanical terms not known.

I very much like this signing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5

If it's less than $3M/YR, than I'd really like it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5:
    [QUOTE]If it's less than $3M/YR, than I'd really like it.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Yeah was going to say if at 2.25-2.5 sounds like a steal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Smart Move...That blows my theory they were looking for a senior UFA to fill in for Recchi...Good for Peverly 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Fred Poulin 
    The Boston  have signed forward Rich Peverley to a three-year extension with an average cap hit of $3.25 million per year

A little more than I would have given him, but glad that he'll be in Boston for a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

So we gave him what Ryder wanted. Intersting......

Cue the who outpoints who with Ryder/Pev's for the next 3 years debate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Now let's get Campbell and Krejci extended!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Good move, I like Peverley...very versatile player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]FredPoulin98   Fred Poulin   The Boston  # Bruins  have signed forward  Rich   Peverley  to a three-year extension with an average cap hit of $3.25 million per year A little more than I would have given him, but glad that he'll be in Boston for a while.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Nice payday for Pevs if that number is accurate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it's a good move.  Prior to Peverly, Marchand and Seguin, this team really suffered from a lack of speed in the forwards.  I think Krejci and Bergeron are gifted in slowing the game down, and that doesn't work as well when everyone is moving slowly.  I like seeing Peverly and Marchand chase with speed while Lucic and Horton chase with power.

Peverly really proved himself last year and he has looked very good so far this year.  The Bruins have been pretty successful locking guys up in these mid-range deals before their current contracts run out.  This signing looks good too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The site just made me remove the word which is the opposite of backcheck  from last post...??

The word starting with for....and ending with...eck  Absurd.  Could that possibly be right?

How is that word offensive to anyone???

Idiots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Too much $$ unless he somehow becomes a more consistent scorer/setup man. He has far too many possessions where he stickhandles unproductively (looks exactly like Ryder when he does it, btw). For that much money, he should be forced to learn to stickhandle with his head up so he can find teammates more often.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Too much $$ unless he somehow becomes a more consistent scorer/setup man. He has far too many possessions where he stickhandles unproductively (looks exactly like Ryder when he does it, btw). For that much money, he should be forced to learn to stickhandle with his head up so he can find teammates more often.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]
    He's a valuable player to the team and does a lot of things that don't wind up on the score sheet. A decent number of people questioned Bergeron's extension at $5M/yr, saying his numbers from 08-09 and 09-10 didn't warrant $5M annually in salary. I'm not saying Peverley is as good as Bergeron, that'd be crazy. But, Bergy does a lot of things that don't show up on the score sheet.

Peverley can play effectively on the PK, is moderately effective on the PP, has good vision, speed and is good for 40-50 points. He's a good player. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

[QUOTE]The site just made me remove the word which is the opposite of backcheck  from last post...?? The word starting with for....and ending with...eck  Absurd.  Could that possibly be right? How is that word offensive to anyone??? Idiots.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

happened to me too. it took me quite a while to figure that one out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Big fan of having Pervely locked up, but I'd wait on Campbell and Kelly for now. They'll need to wait and see if Pevs can keep up as a top 6 player. If he can (and I think he can), then go ahead and extend the other guys. If not, at worst you have a solid 3rd line guy in the mix for another 3 years.

Good move...but Krejci is next and then they should wait and see things settle for a bit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Now let's get Campbell and Krejci extended!"

That would seem to be the logical moves next for PC. I like the signing and if those numbers per year are correct still a moveable contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]The site just made me remove the word which is the opposite of backcheck  from last post...?? The word starting with for....and ending with...eck  Absurd.  Could that possibly be right? How is that word offensive to anyone??? Idiots.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous ! Maybe they only believe in falling into the neutral zone trap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

if the 3.25 is true its another over paid bruin no surprise. Hope this contract towards the end of it we look back and say it was a steal but  for peverly right now I think its over paid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Is Peverley more valuable then Marchand?  I understand that one was a RFA and one was going to be a UFA, but $3.25 per is a little high for my liking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Is Peverley more valuable then Marchand?  I understand that one was a RFA and one was going to be a UFA, but $3.25 per is a little high for my liking.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    His pending UFA status makes all the difference in the world. PC had all of the leverage with Marchand. Pevs finally earned himself some leverage before signing this deal. I feel PC got pretty good market value.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Peverley is an excellent player. On the open market he could have gotten at least a million more, especially after the year he is probably going to have this season. He can play on any line and brings a whole lot of passion no matter what.  He is almost as good on faceoffs as Bergeron. He kills penalties. Excellent speed.  Good teamate. The Marchand comparison is a waste of time.  Marchand had no negotiation strength, his only option being to hold out, which hurts him more than anyone.  Peverley could sign with any team. PC got both players for the best price he could get them. Good negotiating.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : His pending UFA status makes all the difference in the world. PC had all of the leverage with Marchand. Pevs finally earned himself some leverage before signing this deal. I feel PC got pretty good market value.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

good call dez. as soon as i learned of the extension in work my first thought was 3 times 3 would be a great contract for peverley. he is such a valuable player for the bruins. stuff that doesn't show up on stat sheet. the speed alone he gives this team is huge. the ability to jump in with any line and fit. special teams either pp or pk. i think that if peverley has been signed to 3.25 annual value then the bruins ,chairelli did a great job getting bang for there buck!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You have to sign some UFA's, or your team will be made of guys 26 and under. Hard to win year after year if you let everyone walk. If you have a player who brings a lot to your team, you know his character, and he's willing to sign for significantly less than he could get on the market, you almost have to make it happen.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : That being the case, I'd be very hesitant to sign any UFA.  Because you know you are going to get ripped off. I think he was being a little bit nice to Peverley.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]You have to sign some UFA's, or your team will be made of guys 26 and under. Hard to win year after year if you let everyone walk. If you have a player who brings a lot to your team, you know his character, and he's willing to sign for significantly less than he could get on the market, you almost have to make it happen. In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I think that is the key.  You can send scouts out all you like, but seeing a guy play night in and night out gives you a real sense of his worth.  Other teams UFA's are iffy. If you lock up the guys you know, you know what you are getting.  Much safer.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Ridiculous ! Maybe they only believe in falling into the neutral zone trap.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Seriously.  Is Dave Lewis running the message board?

Sections
Shortcuts